Beeps when leaving the car?

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
I assumed the quick beeps was the car's way of warning you it can't lock itself, for reasons unknown. It either locks and beeps twice, as described, or it beeps several times and doesn't lock (meaning the computer has made the decision not to lock, but to beep many times instead, which at least warns you your car is unlocked).

The dealer saying "turn off the promised and advertised feature" as a fix isn't a fix. I would send this to Honda customer service line if that's all the dealer is willing to do. They need to acknowledge there is a problem and try to work with Honda to try to fix it. Telling people to ignore a problem won't get anything done. Sorry, the dealer's response irks me.
Yup....like the dealer telling the people with subwoofer rattles to turn down the sub...
Sponsored

Tuishimi

Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, Rally Red, 6 spd manual
Vehicle Showcase
Just today mine started beeping when I locked the door. :/ 3 quick quiet beeps.

Tuishimi

Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, Rally Red, 6 spd manual
Vehicle Showcase
Just today mine started beeping when I locked the door. :/ 3 quick quiet beeps.
Went back out, opened and shut every door and locked it again and no beeps.

GreyMatter718

THE X GEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-t Coupe Crystal Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine was doing this and i realized why, i kept my key in my jacket pocket thats close to my chest area. If i went into the trunk and half my body was in the trunk digging for something, it would beep several times. It also does this if something is open or the engine is still on, it's just a reminded to tell you something is not the way its supposed to be. I actually find that it works quite well.
Sponsored