What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered another one and couldn't get it to stick the right way after removing it from the old grill so for now I'm just rolling with it for a couple days
That’s innovation

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Merry Xmas and a happy new year to all you civic Xgen brothers. Hope your new year resolution get done if you have some, specially for your civic.
I bought a new place and moving the first of the year, so you’ll see some garage pic of my sedan.
See y’all next year, be safe.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 3A4FC3C9-95BD-405C-BB67-9539F272A801

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) B4AACE31-3354-41B2-B760-6ED83B3E75E5

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Not today, but yesterday... installed the PRL cobra intake (street MAF). Here's my son helping me out:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) nate_intake

This was my first intake installation. I was on the fence about taking it to a shop to get it done. Probably took a good 3 hours from start to finish.

Also did a debadge of dealership sticker and Civic logo using a heatgun and floss. Unfortunately, there are now a few small (barely noticeable) dents in that spot that I'll need to get fixed:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) debadge_rear

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Merry Xmas and a happy new year to all you civic Xgen brothers. Hope your new year resolution get done if you have some, specially for your civic.
I bought a new place and moving the first of the year, so you’ll see some garage pic of my sedan.
See y’all next year, be safe.

3A4FC3C9-95BD-405C-BB67-9539F272A801.png

B4AACE31-3354-41B2-B760-6ED83B3E75E5.jpeg
Merry Christmas to you and good luck on your new place

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You don’t need a heat gun to remove stickers, decals or emblems. If you dent your own car removing these things, I am sorry I am not sorry, you shouldn’t be working on cars. It’s literally tape and plastic.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
You don’t need a heat gun to remove stickers, decals or emblems. If you dent your own car removing these things, I am sorry I am not sorry, you shouldn’t be working on cars. It’s literally tape and plastic.
This is the first time I've ever done any modifications to a car... I've learned from my mistake. But, thanks for the encouragement.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
First oil change and tire rotation today at ~4800 miles. Been a great year with my Civic. Hoping for many more to come.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mounted a duckbill lip. Before:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_1593.JPG

And after:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_1597.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_1590
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_1595.JPG

It made a bigger difference looks wise than I thought it would. Next up is a set of Boomba wing risers, didn't have time on the lunch break to install them today.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
i dont undurstand the purpose of having a shorter shifter with way longer lever than stock:hmm:
That shift knob is counter sunken. Also the wide angle lens makes it look taller. Even if those weren't true though, the shifter changes more than the throw.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mounted a duckbill lip. Before:
IMG_1593.JPG

And after:

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1595.JPG

It made a bigger difference looks wise than I thought it would. Next up is a set of Boomba wing risers, didn't have time on the lunch break to install them today.
Hey, nice job! Coincidentally, I'm giving myself one for Christmas. Got any tips or advice on the install? Thanks.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, nice job! Coincidentally, I'm giving myself one for Christmas. Got any tips or advice on the install? Thanks.
Thanks!

Install was pretty simple, that lip has a rear ridge so you only need to worry about lining up the sides. Standard prep, clean the plain spoiler and a quick wipe down with alcohol. If you don't have a garage to leave it in, you might want to put the tape on the lip and let it bond for a bit first.

Before you put it on, I'd place it down to feel out how it will line up. There will be about 1mm or so on each side, I might be slightly off but you can just about eyeball it. I'll try to get a pic of how that looks tomorrow morning. If you feel on the sides, it's a bit easier to feel that it's in place. I also had a coworker eyeball it before putting it down for good, can be done alone but always a bit easier with a second set of eyes. I put the tape along all the edges of the lip that touch the vehicle, but was careful to avoid overlapping the little rear ridge so I could line it up flush.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Managed to get a break from the rain today and got a quick wash in. I got a new phone as well and wanted to try the camera out.

A100FE68-2963-4572-90FB-2E8DA5625956.jpeg
I hear you about the rain same here since I got my smoked side markers every time I have a chance to install them it always rains “ it’s supposed to be the dry season in Florida “ o_O
Your car looks great :thumbsup:
Sponsored