Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am.
2017 sport hatch 62k miles
27won turbo, 27won inlet, FBO, flex, custom Drob tune.
Still on stock clutch and not slipping.

Ordered Eman's clutch and its on the way. Have an mfactory LSD on deck ready to be install.

I do notice a loss in low end torque but I dont mind.
I drive very conservatively. I average around 32 mpg. Love the high gas mileage.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am.
2017 sport hatch 62k miles
27won turbo, 27won inlet, FBO, flex, custom Drob tune.
Still on stock clutch and not slipping.

Ordered Eman's clutch and its on the way. Have an mfactory LSD on deck ready to be install.

I do notice a loss in low end torque but I dont mind.
I drive very conservatively. I average around 32 mpg. Love the high gas mileage.
How much slower off the line do you feel it is? Worth the trade off?

Also jealous of that LSD.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have links on these blown turbos? Haven't heard much about that here.
I have been seeing the posts off and on as well. Here is what one prominent tuner had to say on it.....

They have been failing for thrust washer failures, or the exhaust wheel physically breaking a fin off. Apparently these are problems that happen quite often.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much slower off the line do you feel it is? Worth the trade off?

Also jealous of that LSD.
This is how I see it. Its good for daily use for me. Gas saving at low rpm, power at high rpm. Power shines in my highway drive. If people want a piece, I got the power to give at high rpm.

If you track your car, I dont know if it would be ideal especially in autox? Just a thought.
I dont do any tracking.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This is how I see it. Its good for daily use for me. Gas saving at low rpm, power at high rpm. Power shines in my highway drive. If people want a piece, I got the power to give at high rpm.

If you track your car, I dont know if it would be ideal especially in autox? Just a thought.
I dont do any tracking.
I'm an 80/20 highway/city commuter for the most part. Good to know.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been seeing the posts off and on as well. Here is what one prominent tuner had to say on it.....

They have been failing for thrust washer failures, or the exhaust wheel physically breaking a fin off. Apparently these are problems that happen quite often.
A W1 v.2 with these issues solved (factory turbine reliability) would sell like hotcakes....I also want one badly but these issues put me off. I even got a 27WON TIP so a W1 would be ideal but I aint doing it on my daily, commuter ride.

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
Does 27won know about this issue? I'm a little bit worried now cause I just had a w1 installed with a custom tune.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With the hundreds of turbos they have sold, this is probably within industry failure rate tbh. Knock on wood for me though. Still going strong

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Think I've seen a total of about 7 blown W1 turbos. Only 3 from non-Si and 2 of them were from the same person. I have a feeling that incorrect install was to blame for the same person blowing up their turbo within a day of installing it both times.

I'm running the w1 on mine with fbo on e85 blend custom tune from Drob. Think 15 months so far with no issues and mind you this is even on the CVT.

With some of these blown W1s on the Si, I would like to know how much boost they pushing and how they are driving and maintaining their vehicles.
Would love to know your numbers for what your pushing, after hitting the hard fact that the CVT was so fragile I figured I'd just tune on stock with minor bolt ons and call it a day. W1 with e85 should EASILY make high 200s, which was my original goal

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Posted my build in a few different threads on this forum but here is probably one thats consolidated the most.

As for my latest dyno figures...

302whp/267wtq on e85 blend.
265whp/250wtq on 93 octane.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/cvt-with-full-bolt-ons-and-turbo-upgrade.44604/
You have restored alot of hope in what I thought I wouldn't be able to do with this car. Guess it's back to the drawing board on where to go next (after K Tuner, wheels, and coilovers that is).
Sponsored