r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Does 27Won even offer a basemap for their turbo on cvt's? I also heard it's hard to tune cvt's.
From what I've read it's easier to dyno a CVT with paddle shifters. And I'm sure @D-RobIMW has done e-tunes for CVTs. It's definitely been done.

And there are people currently running the W1 without a custom tune, at least that's what I gather from other threads, so I would think they do offer it.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I've read it's easier to dyno a CVT with paddle shifters. And I'm sure @D-RobIMW has done e-tunes for CVTs. It's definitely been done.

And there are people currently running the W1 without a custom tune, at least that's what I gather from other threads, so I would think they do offer it.
Yeah idk why people would run the W1 turbo without a basemap made for it unless they really had to. I mean he can do it on his dyno even though he did say cvt’s are tricky to tune but haven’t seen him post any cvt W1’s

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Yes. That's exactly what I was saying.

One of the main reasons I'm interested in the W1 is for the fact that it will lighten the load at low RPM and prevent overly rapid torque delivery while still beefing up the mid to high range.
So that means is slower then

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
On street tires, off-the-line (From idle), Yes, It is slower.
I'm talking to someone on Facebook who have the 27won turbo, prl catted downpipe and front pipes, prl fmic, 27won inlet pipe, prl cold air intake with a tune from drob.. and he told me ever since he got the 27won turbo his car is much slower than stock turbo...that even the sound of the intakes are now quieter now with the 27won turbo...he confirmed that it's a whole 1 second slower from 0-60 with pure mitchellin summer tires...he said he regret getting it @27won

Vincent@27WON
explain please

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm talking to someone on Facebook who have the 27won turbo, prl catted downpipe and front pipes, prl fmic, 27won inlet pipe, prl cold air intake with a tune from drob.. and he told me ever since he got the 27won turbo his car is much slower than stock turbo...that even the sound of the intakes are now quieter now with the 27won turbo...he confirmed that it's a whole 1 second slower from 0-60 with pure mitchellin summer tires...he said he regret getting it @27won

Vincent@27WON
explain please
It's probably not as 'quick' as before but it is actually 'faster'. What I mean is that his turbo spool-up is slower and he has much lower lowend torque below about 3400rpm. This will slow his take-offs from a dead stop down vs his stock turbo. However, his topend power (Post 3500rpm) will be higher, so he will be travelling at a faster mph the longer the car is going at wide open throttle.

Even in a 1/4 mile he will probably notice that his 1/4 mile time is slower but his trap speed 'may' be faster than his previous time.

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
It's probably not as 'quick' as before but it is actually 'faster'. What I mean is that his turbo spool-up is slower and he has much lower lowend torque below about 3400rpm. This will slow his take-offs from a dead stop down vs his stock turbo. However, his topend power (Post 3500rpm) will be higher, so he will be travelling at a faster mph the longer the car is going at wide open throttle.

Even in a 1/4 mile he will probably notice that his 1/4 mile time is slower but his trap speed 'may' be faster than his previous time.
Well that sucks big time because most people would prefer a faster 1/4 mile time or even a faster 0-60...btw his car is a 2019 1.5 CVT

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well that sucks big time because most people would prefer a faster 1/4 mile time or even a faster 0-60...btw his car is a 2019 1.5 CVT
That can be achievable. Take the attached dyno plot below. I found this dyno plot from THIS link. You can see the posters modification in that link.

What's important to know that if you had this car with his modifications and you launched it at say 1800rpm, you are going to take off from a dead stop much slower than you would with your stock turbo. The sweet spot to launch at is at or above 3500rpm for a quicker 1/4 mile time. I say this based on the dyno plot because this is where the 27Won turbo's torque number meet or exceeds the stock turbo's number from there and up the powerband. You WILL be faster down the dragstrip (but you probably would want to have a better than stock clutch).

CVTs are not so lucky because you can't control the rpm launch point (And probably shouldn't). So in a CVT, you will start off slower than with your stock turbo. After crossing over the 3500+rpm range though, your CVT with 27Won turbo will be faster than with your stock turbo. However, you may cross the 1/4 mile mark 'quicker' than with a 27Won turbo, not faster (mph). ;-)

Long explanation but I hope that helps. 27Won turbo is a good turbo though for going faster. Not for taking off quicker though. It's a compromise.

On the highway, it's an all win for the 27Won turbo. You'll probably be crusing at or above the 3500rpm point (or not to far below it). With the 27Won, passing on the highway will be better no doubt.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won W1 turbo upgrade 27Won-1.JPG

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The number of people who throw mods at their cars w/o understanding the implications is too damn high!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Vincent@27WON
explain please
Azzam is on the first iteration of a tune file which is a 20psi, it undoubtedly will feel slower. Its a "basemap" for a reason. I believe this is his first time ever modifying or tuning a car so he is on a steep learning curve of what the platform can do and what modern turbo and GDI technology is like.

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Azzam is on the first iteration of a tune file which is a 20psi, it undoubtedly will feel slower. Its a "basemap" for a reason. I believe this is his first time ever modifying or tuning a car so he is on a steep learning curve of what the platform can do and what modern turbo and GDI technology is like.
Yes unfortunately I was wrong.......but let's see what happens with the final tune.
Sponsored