First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Being able to get the car safely moving and driving in the interim? Getting a custom tune can take a bit of time.

You do realize you can run the ktuner dual 21psi basemap on it for a bit as long as you arent dogging it. (For non-si models) as obviously Si already have basemaps made.

Unless you are etuning, dont install the turbo until you got a date locked in for your dyno tune session.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You do realize you can run the ktuner dual 21psi basemap on it for a bit as long as you arent dogging it. (For non-si models) as obviously Si already have basemaps made.

Unless you are etuning, dont install the turbo until you got a date locked in for your dyno tune session.
I personally will be e-tuning through TSP when I get mine sorted out. I'm absolutely sure it would run fine on a KTuner basemap but for my own piece of mind I would have liked to see the basemaps made and on-hand for install. I'm assuming that's how others feel.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
iirc they do have it for Hondata but not for Ktuner. At this point I'm pretty sure Ktuner could but just aren't dedicating the resources for it. Honestly, I don't see the point.

Personal opinion but I wouldn't ever want to run a basemap on an upgraded turbo setup. Much like the few folks who were blasting around and racing on the ktuner basemap with the w1 and then ran into turbo issues.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Yeah I already paid for a drob tune but my flex fuel kit is back ordered till 5/5 and I wanna run this turbo haha. But I'll just wait till the flex kit comes if there's no base tune.
Sponsored