Something went BOOM (I think turbo (W1)) DATALOG

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
I notice you're in Canada? I hear you guys don't have a lot of Ethanol stations there so it may be the fact that you're on pump gas most of the time so you're turbo is not seeing 27 psi. The W1 seems to not be able to hold those kinds of pressures for the most part.
I'm on ethonal about 40% of the time and I'm tuned on 29 psi btw for over 2 years now, I'm the guy doing all the drags with my tuned civic against the type R, tuned accord, tuned volestor n, kg gt etc so yeah I've been seeing above 27psi for quite some times now which is beyond what 27won recommended, hence why I said I got one of the good batches, and it doesn't matter whether I'm on ethonal or not the target is 28psi
Sponsored

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I'm on ethonal about 40% of the time and I'm tuned on 29 psi btw for over 2 years now, I'm the guy doing all the drags with my tuned civic against the type R, tuned accord, tuned volestor n, kg gt etc so yeah I've been seeing above 27psi for quite some times now which is beyond what 27won recommended, hence why I said I got one of the good batches, and it doesn't matter whether I'm on ethonal or not the target is 28psi
You got a good batch then, what's your channel? I want to see those races, should be fun and interesting. Also it does matter if you're on ethanol or not, the flex fuel tables have +ignition +boost and +fuel depending on how much ethanol it's seeing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
He's actually posted all of them here. One is in my tuning reliability thread first post.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
He's actually posted all of them here. One is in my tuning reliabilty thread first post.
Of course it's blocked from work :rolleyes:. I think I may have seen it cause I saw a glimpse of the video thumbnail before it switched to "blocked"

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Of course it's blocked from work :rolleyes:. I think I may have seen it cause I saw a glimpse of the video thumbnail before it switched to "blocked"
Weird that it's blocked and you're in the US, here's the links-

Got an accord 2.0 auto coming soon too

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Weird that it's blocked and you're in the US, here's the links-

Got an accord 2.0 auto coming soon too
It's blocked from work haha. The company don't want us on Facebook or Youtube etc. haha

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
So we’re back up and running now! I sent the turbo to 27won and they said the fault was most likely caused by oil thinning due to ethanol and the summer heat. I got a brand new w1 turbo with a new warranty and they cut me a pretty good deal considering I had no warranty on my unit since it was used. I switched my oil weight to 5w-30, took some data logs and sent them to Derek to make sure we’re good to go and he said everything checks out. Quite the inconvenience, but happy to see my car on the road again

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad you got taken care of in the end. Unfortunate set of events but you are back up and running!

Question, are you a 6mt or a CVT owner? You might've mentioned it at some point but I've done forgot by now haha

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Glad you got taken care of in the end. Unfortunate set of events but you are back up and running!

Question, are you a 6mt or a CVT owner? You might've mentioned it at some point but I've done forgot by now haha
haha I’m rockin the CVT unfortunately. One of those things that was supposed to be a ktune starter map only car, but quickly found myself in too deep to trade in for an si so I just kept the cvt and built it out

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
haha I’m rockin the CVT unfortunately. One of those things that was supposed to be a ktune starter map only car, but quickly found myself in too deep to trade in for an si so I just kept the cvt and built it out
I gotca! I have a CVT as well and was thinking about a W1 turbo. Would you be willing to answer a few questions I have about it in DMs? No need to flood your thread here with my questions

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I gotca! I have a CVT as well and was thinking about a W1 turbo. Would you be willing to answer a few questions I have about it in DMs? No need to flood your thread here with my questions
Sure! Just shoot me a message

Gerry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Country flag
More of the opinion of frequency bias here.

People see a failure and then suddenly see tons of failures all over.

Or perhaps those running into failures are pushing it significantly harder.

Knock on wood no issues with mine for over 2 years now. Personally know 8 folks in my area that ran it over a year with no issues.
Even Derek himself said there's a high percentage of w1 failures that he's tuned ,,there's clearly alot of bad batches, you just happened to get one of the good one,

CVT4NYC

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 hatchback sport
Country flag
So we’re back up and running now! I sent the turbo to 27won and they said the fault was most likely caused by oil thinning due to ethanol and the summer heat. I got a brand new w1 turbo with a new warranty and they cut me a pretty good deal considering I had no warranty on my unit since it was used. I switched my oil weight to 5w-30, took some data logs and sent them to Derek to make sure we’re good to go and he said everything checks out. Quite the inconvenience, but happy to see my car on the road again
I was wondering how many of the failures were caused by not switching to 5w30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering how many of the failures were caused by not switching to 5w30
Mine never went bad, but there was a crack
Sponsored