Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh wow the magnaflow sounds raspier than the resonator delete.. Thats interesting. might just have to take your word for it and jump the gun. What holds me back is the worry of it being any louder. From what u are saying it's also smoother than stock.. gonna take it to the muffler shop one of these days and do the delete and let u know what I think
Earlier in this thread, I posted a video of the stock exhaust compared to the resonator delete.
Sponsored

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I like it. Any droning?
There is droning but it's tolerable. Drove the whole family around on a little roadtrip and they said it wasn't bad at all. Now with the straight pipe in its a different story...

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a video of my car today with just my RV6 Catless DP and Injen CAI as my PLM 3" front pipe did not fit with my dp.

dr.jamzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 2019
Country flag
Has anyone heard of the “gundo” exhaust mod? It’s essentially putting a lot 1.25 - 2.00 inch pipe between the inlet and outlet pipes of the muffler to act as a bypass valve. Looks like a pretty common exhuast mod in the Porsche community. Also read about it in the S2K community where it is known as the “UK” mod.

Last edited:

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Decided to do a minor custom setup.... I never really liked the Stock Si Exhaust tip and could never wrap my head around it. Looks like a big HDMI Port. Idk why Honda didn't do the Dual exhaust like they did with the hatchback sport...Anyways went to my local muffler shop and got them to cut off the stock exhaust tip and re-weld two 4" exhaust tips similar to the Magnaflow exhaust thats now for sale for the Si, someone here posted a link earlier in the thread.

Only Cost me $120 and thats with the tips included. I think the Si already sounds great from factory and I didn't feel the need to do a whole catback setup/muffler delete. Those loud exhaust days are over. lol.

20171221_100248(0).jpg

20171221_100032.jpg

20171221_100741.jpg

20171221_103936.jpg
What roof rack is that? Part numbers?

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Has anyone heard of the “gundo” exhaust mod? It’s essentially putting a lot 1.25 - 2.00 inch pipe between the inlet and outlet pipes of the muffler to act as a bypass valve. Looks like a pretty common exhuast mod in the Porsche community. Also read about it in the S2K community where it is known as the “UK” mod?
Hmm, HMMM,

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/california-central-california-sacramento-62/uk-exhaust-mod-962705/page3/

Sound clips as well, this may be doable for me - may even pass on the resonator delete for now - have the tools and ability to do this at the house. Thanks!

RamrodSi

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe
Has anyone heard of the “gundo” exhaust mod? It’s essentially putting a lot 1.25 - 2.00 inch pipe between the inlet and outlet pipes of the muffler to act as a bypass valve. Looks like a pretty common exhuast mod in the Porsche community. Also read about it in the S2K community where it is known as the “UK” mod?
Looks pretty easy the way our inlet pipe and outlet pipe are super close together. Someone do this!!

PK1

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000, 2019 Type R
Country flag
Oh wow the magnaflow sounds raspier than the resonator delete.. Thats interesting. might just have to take your word for it and jump the gun. What holds me back is the worry of it being any louder. From what u are saying it's also smoother than stock.. gonna take it to the muffler shop one of these days and do the delete and let u know what I think
I think a friend might have a brand new one for sell.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
I bought it off roof rack warehouse website. honestly don't know the part numbers i tried looking for it and couldn't find it.. google the website and you should be able to find the parts you need to buy. i bought mine as a complete set. i paid about $300-$400. Don't remember, also, check out etrailer.com. very good website.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
I bought it off roof rack warehouse website. honestly don't know the part numbers i tried looking for it and couldn't find it.. google the website and you should be able to find the parts you need to buy. i bought mine as a complete set. i paid about $300-$400. Don't remember, also, check out etrailer.com. very good website.
Wait I actually found the exact link from the one i bought. Here it is:

https://www.rackwarehouse.com/yakima-honda-civic-4dr-baseline-corebar-rack-5.html
Sponsored