Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
A little rusty inside the tips already, no?

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A little rusty inside the tips already, no?
Inside my aFe tips? There was a lot of stuff that it was burning through the pipe from the packaging. But no rust since it is 304 stainless steel

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic SiR, 2017 Civic Si Sedan(MSM)
Country flag
Thanks for the sound clips. I ended up getting the aFe Takeda CAI and their cat back exhaust installed. As it has broken in I do enjoy the tone I'm getting in the cabin with all the pops and gurgles. I like the look overall but I find it sits just a bit too low from the bumper trim. What do you think? It may be to protect the bumper but I'm not certain.

I'm interested to see what Greddy comes up with as well. They may be able to make a better looking unit but performance wise this exhaust seems like it should match up well. That's just a guess though only time will tell.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the sound clips. I ended up getting the aFe Takeda CAI and their cat back exhaust installed. As it has broken in I do enjoy the tone I'm getting in the cabin with all the pops and gurgles. I like the look overall but I find it sits just a bit too low from the bumper trim. What do you think? It may be to protect the bumper but I'm not certain.

I'm interested to see what Greddy comes up with as well. They may be able to make a better looking unit but performance wise this exhaust seems like it should match up well. That's just a guess though only time will tell.

I thought it sits perfectly

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I did notice it looks about an inch too low

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic SiR, 2017 Civic Si Sedan(MSM)
Country flag
It's not suppose to sit perfectly flush under the bumper though.

If that is by design that's fine. I really enjoy the exhaust so nothing against it. Just something I noticed. I got it during their sale and picked up their cold air intake and I feel the combined system has a noticeable impact on performance.

I'm used to the look now I think from most angles it looks fine, I wish it was a little more flush but I trust the engineering process as well. This unit appears very high quality and is well built. I'd definitely recommend it to others.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Any sound comparison to the stock exhaust? For some reason it sounds rather quiet to me compared to some of the other catbacks that have been showcased, but then again everyone's recordings are different depending on the mic. I'm waiting for an excuse to pull the trigger on the black tips, convince me! lol

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any sound comparison to the stock exhaust? For some reason it sounds rather quiet to me compared to some of the other catbacks that have been showcased, but then again everyone's recordings are different depending on the mic. I'm waiting on an excuse to pull the trigger on the black tips, convince me! lol
It a lot louder than stock by a huge amount lol. Iphone 8 mic doesn't pick up the noise obviously like most recordings. In person is the best audio tbh

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
It a lot louder than stock by a huge amount lol. Iphone 8 mic doesn't pick up the noise obviously like most recordings. In person is the best audio tbh
Cool, i figured it was just the recording that was making it sound muted. Any drone while cruising? I vaguely remember someone mentioning on the Type R forums that they swapped out their afe exhaust because it they did not like the drone on the highway.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool, i figured it was just the recording that was making it sound muted. Any drone while cruising? I vaguely remember someone mentioning on the Type R forums that they swapped out their afe exhaust because it they did not like the drone on the highway.
Well the Type R is on another level in terms of exhaust noise because it being a 2.0 liter and all. But very minimal drone but it does have some just not anywhere close to being annoying lol. It's hard for me to record something from a phone versus like a really good camera with a good mic and all. I will try to get a flyby and some exhaust notes from a person who has the gear for it.
Sponsored