Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds good. Maybe its the 37 year old in me talking, but I like it best without the resonator, keeping the mufflers. Sounds a little throatier and smoother. Must be getting older. When I was 24, I wanted my GSR as loud as I could get it....

Was it $180 to remove the resonator only? Did they weld in a straight pipe, or put a flanged piece in?

OP
OP
y2kprofesor

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Sounds good. Maybe its the 37 year old in me talking, but I like it best without the resonator, keeping the mufflers. Sounds a little throatier and smoother. Must be getting older. When I was 24, I wanted my GSR as loud as I could get it....

Was it $180 to remove the resonator only? Did they weld in a straight pipe, or put a flanged piece in?
$180 to take the mufflers out I still have my resonator

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah that sounds pretty bad with the mufflers removed lol.

Resonator delete isn't half bad though. Give it a high flow resonator and that might result in a really good factory style tone.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

My video shows stock exhaust, resonator deleted, and resonator put back on and mufflers deleted, which is personally my favourite
Did you test drive with just the resonator removed? Just curious how the interior sound is compared to stock. A shop by me will put a straight pipe for $100.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah that sounds pretty bad with the mufflers removed lol.

Resonator delete isn't half bad though. Give it a high flow resonator and that might result in a really good factory style tone.
Really? Do you have any specific reasons? I'm curious because I thought the resonator with muffler delete sounded the best. Both removed sounded bad to me. It sounded very farty and lacked any punch.

OP
OP
y2kprofesor

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Really? Do you have any specific reasons? I'm curious because I thought the resonator with muffler delete sounded the best. Both removed sounded bad to me. It sounded very farty and lacked any punch.
I dont agree. without the mufflers sounds amazing and it has a slight poping sound also on the highway at crusing speed you cant even tell u took the mufflers out. Its so quiet.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I dont agree. without the mufflers sounds amazing and it has a slight poping sound also on the highway at crusing speed you cant even tell u took the mufflers out. Its so quiet.
Love it same as mine resonator left and mufflers out.
I'm very confused... so resonator on with the muffler removed sounds the best right? Cause that's what I wrote first but you disagree, yet have that exact same setup.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 honda civic si exhaust IMG_0932.PNG

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
No, keep muffler in tact. Swap out with a high flow resonator to give it a smooth but pronounced tone.

My tastes may be different from yours. But I thought the lack of a resonator made it sound like an angry bee hive vs. a tuned sport exhaust.
Sponsored