New Here? Introduce Yourself!

alanrojas87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring 4d
Welcome...I have a EX-T Coupe and I love it for real, Some of the early builds have had some querky shit happen but I've been Lucky so far, anyway good luck :thumbsup:

hi there, my name is alan and I just purchased a 2016 touring. funny story, I went to the stealership as a favor for my grandfather to get some new floor mats for his 2015 Accord....2 hrs later I walked out with the car. always happens no matter where I go lol. previous to the civic I had a 2013 Mazda 3, still have it just sitting in the garage not being used as I owed quite a lot and trading in was a no go. gotta say, I never saw myself in a civic...always thought they looked like eggs lol but the new 10th gen quickly changed my perspective of them. I guess I the longer wheelbase and the wider stance. anyways back to my story, I was worried after getting the car when I started reading some of the posts here but haven't seen/had any problems so far.
Sponsored

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hi there, my name is alan and I just purchased a 2016 touring. funny story, I went to the stealership as a favor for my grandfather to get some new floor mats for his 2015 Accord....2 hrs later I walked out with the car. always happens no matter where I go lol. previous to the civic I had a 2013 Mazda 3, still have it just sitting in the garage not being used as I owed quite a lot and trading in was a no go. gotta say, I never saw myself in a civic...always thought they looked like eggs lol but the new 10th gen quickly changed my perspective of them. I guess I the longer wheelbase and the wider stance. anyways back to my story, I was worried after getting the car when I started reading some of the posts here but haven't seen/had any problems so far.
Welcome Alan I had a 09 Civic ex or as you say "looks like an egg" great car though 97k with no problems. I'm sure you will love your Genx I love mine and I'd say 99% of our members love theres to, however with every new platform there will be issues with lots of things mostly minor but can be annoying when you just paid hard earned $$$$ for it
thats why lots of consumers avoid buying a new model year and platform till the bugs are worked out which mostly have been in the later build dates I have been fortunate with my EX-T Coupe not to have really any problems to speak of. so in closing good luck with your new Touring and feel comfortable in asking any of our fine members for advice :thumbsup:

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all, from Los Angeles. Just picked up my 2016 honda touring on saturday. Came to the site to learn more about the car and be involved in an awesome community.

20161015_162353.jpg
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Squirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Just bought a 2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan this week. This is my first Honda after years of Nissans and Hyundais. Got for my commute to work each morning in bumper to bumper. It's the basic Honda but I'm loving it so far. Also the color (cosmic metal blue) is pretty awesome.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Just bought a 2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan this week. This is my first Honda after years of Nissans and Hyundais. Got for my commute to work each morning in bumper to bumper. It's the basic Honda but I'm loving it so far. Also the color (cosmic metal blue) is pretty awesome.
That's a very nice color and a very nice car. CVT or MT ? I'm Lunar Silver Metallic, CVT.

Squirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
That's a very nice color and a very nice car. CVT or MT ? I'm Lunar Silver Metallic, CVT.
CVT, also my first (after years of manuals). I can't believe the pick up, it's like a six cylander. I know this is supposed to be a compact but it feels like a midsize car.

mnwade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic MSM EL, 2017 Subaru Outback
Hello new to the forum. This is my first Honda since owning a 1990 Civic Si. I previously owned a 2001 VW Jetta TDI which I bought new and put 270k miles on. Looking forward to the new technology and hoping the 1.5 non manual will work for me as the Jetta had good power for a turbo diesel and now I am back to a automatic.

l0p3s22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI Autobahn
Country flag
Hi all! Mike from South Carolina. I purchased a 2016 EX-T Civic a few weeks back in cosmic blue. I originally was looking for an EX with Honda sensing in the cosmic blue but the dealer could not find one all up and down the east coast. So I decided to go with the turbo and do without the sensing and I have been loving it!

My first car was a 2013 kia soul I had purchased brand new 3 years back. After dealing with hamster jokes for the last three years it's been refreshing to see people be impressed with the civic. I've already received a few, "That's a civic!?"

Car has been running great. Only issue I have noticed is some bubbling in the driver side tint near the bottom right corner that I didn't notice on the lot. Hoping that's a simple fix and covered under the dealer warranty.

DRUGGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2012 Odyssey
Country flag
Have had my 16 Civic Touring for just about a month now and very impressed so far. Just found this forum today and hope to meet some nice folks and learn some things about my car here.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have had my 16 Civic Touring for just about a month now and very impressed so far. Just found this forum today and hope to meet some nice folks and learn some things about my car here.
Welcome

Bjorn 1349

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exige, E36, FA5, FG2
Hey,

Just joined. Grumpy old track guy here. Considering a 17' LX hatch with the 1.5T and 6-speed. Going to be the replacement for the current DD. Probably, no definitely, not going to stay stock. The wife and I have 4 cars between us, both DD and track toys. My current DD is starting to get the old age annoying issues I don't want to deal with and I've got a buyer lined up for their new teen driver.

In any case, just researching a bit knowing what the car will need to be competent. Trying to see what's available off the bat. I don't really want the hatch but I can't pass up a new under $20k car with a 6-speed and a factory turbo. Pretty awesome. Plus, it's a Honda so I know it'll take about 200k before it dies.

Jason.300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Si
Hi guys new guy here from portland with a 2013 black Si. Great forum with lots of great info. :thumbsup:

Islandbiew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Nissan 240SX, 2011 Corolla S, 2013 civic LX, 2016 Civic LX
Country flag
New member. Just took delivery of a 2016 LX with CVT. Only 19km's. The forum is excellent.

Imagination04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Greetings,

I'm a fairly new member (although this is not my very first post) having recently purchased a new 2016 Civic Coupe EX-T a few weeks ago on the last day of September. I've really been enjoying everything about it except the Apple Play after I updated my phone to iOS 10.x.
Sponsored