Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Have you logged the fuel pump duty cycle and fuel pressures? I'm assuming you're running 93.
Sponsored

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
Great news! Radiator will be ordered this week for sure now.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Have you logged the fuel pump duty cycle and fuel pressures? I'm assuming you're running 93.
I haven’t looked at fuel pump duty at all. I kinda have a feeling I’m close to maxing it though. I have a solution for this too so stay tuned. No it’s not that Hondata fuel system junk either. I’m running 91 cause California lol

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I haven’t looked at fuel pump duty at all. I kinda have a feeling I’m close to maxing it though. I have a solution for this too so stay tuned. No it’s not that Hondata fuel system junk either. I’m running 91 cause California lol
Meth or 100 octane?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Meth or 100 octane?
Neither for now. I want to try my luck with 91 first. I’ll be upgrading my in tank fuel pump with something that flows 100% more than stock. Should be plug and play too. I’m considering running ethanol as well.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Neither for now. I want to try my luck with 91 first. I’ll be upgrading my in tank fuel pump with something that flows 100% more than stock. Should be plug and play too. I’m considering running ethanol as well.
I'm on Hondata's E25 tune and can tell you that the factory fuel pump is maxed at peak torque and fuel pressure drops a little. Not enough to throw CEL. I've reduced the air charge limit to reduce overloading the fuel pump.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I'm on Hondata's E25 tune and can tell you that the factory fuel pump is maxed at peak torque and fuel pressure drops a little. Not enough to throw CEL. I've reduced the air charge limit to reduce overloading the fuel pump.
Well I’ll just go out and say it.
The pump is made by Deatschwerks. They have an in tank fuel pump kit ready to go for the FK8. Roughly around 200 bucks. I picked up the 300c kit. Pump should be good enough for E85 but the next limiting factor would be injectors which they’re working on.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My understanding is C&R Racing in Indianapolis is PWR’s partner US affiliate company.

PWR will no longer sell to US buyers so are directing all future US sales to C&R, who has the PWR’s engineering spec, so it should all be the same.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
The pump is made by Deatschwerks. They have aN in tank fuel pump kit ready to go for the FK8. Roughly around 200 bucks. I picked up the 300c kit. Pump should be good enough for E85 but the next limiting factor would be injectors which they’re working on.
I came across that pump last week. Hadn't heard too much about it, but looks solid. Just a little cheaper than Hondata's kit lol.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you please list the RV6 components you added?

Checked out RV6’s website and it looks like they have (9) offerings listed.

Wallet can’t take it much longer, heh.

Thanks man :)

End verdict: buy the RV6 suspension goodies. They work and they’re on the HPD cars for a reason

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Can you please list the RV6 components you added?

Checked out RV6’s website and it looks like they have (9) offerings listed.

Wallet can’t take it much longer, heh.

Thanks man :)
I still daily my car so I decided to do the rear first. Goal was to have more consistent alignments on track. I was getting toe shifts under braking which caused the rear to squirm. Sway bar helped with getting the car to rotate. I currently have it on the middle setting and find that it’s perfect for me currently.

I went with rear lower control arms, toe arms, sway bar and endlinks.

Essentially the camber arms and toe arms locked my alignment in place to have a more predictable car.

boarderdf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Thanks for the great update on both the radiator and especially the RV6 components. How “noticable” are the lower control arms from the rear of the vehicle since they are red?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the great update on both the radiator and especially the RV6 components. How “noticable” are the lower control arms from the rear of the vehicle since they are red?
Not really noticeable unless you look under the car

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
The pump is made by Deatschwerks. They have an in tank fuel pump kit ready to go for the FK8. Roughly around 200 bucks. I picked up the 300c kit. Pump should be good enough for E85 but the next limiting factor would be injectors which they’re working on.
Are you running the in-tank fuel pump right now? Does that require changing anything on the tune? Also, I'd be interested if just replacing the fuel pump will add any extra fuel or if it's still limited by the injectors etc.

The factory high pressure fuel pump is another limitation. Is there a solution to replace that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Are you running the in-tank fuel pump right now? Does that require changing anything on the tune? Also, I'd be interested if just replacing the fuel pump will add any extra fuel or if it's still limited by the injectors etc.

The factory high pressure fuel pump is another limitation. Is there a solution to replace that?
I haven’t encountered any issues with the stock fueling on my setup. It’s only when going to ethanol I think. The DW pump should just be a drop in nothing extra necessary. I’ll consult with my tuner to see if we can do anything with the extra headroom now. I haven’t installed mine yet
Sponsored