Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
My PWR Race/Track Radiator arrived today! Aiming to get this installed next week. Quality is just insane. Welds are on point. Can immediately tell that this has higher fin density and overall thickness compared to stock.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build cQwa7fb

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build Zo02xsE

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build xuzTBr9

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build Dq7seTB

Last edited:

Milktealord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk8 Type R
Country flag
My PWR Race/Track Radiatora arrived today! Aiming to get this installed next week. Quality is just insane. Welds are on point. Can immediately tell that this has higher fin density and overall thickness compared to stock.

cQwa7fb.jpg

Zo02xsE.jpg

xuzTBr9.jpg

Dq7seTB.jpg
Looks beautiful, cannot wait for your installation details and your data on track.
Any predictions on solving this overheating issue?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Looks beautiful, cannot wait for your installation details and your data on track.
Any predictions on solving this overheating issue?
I think it will certainly help, if not solve overheating. Some people have stated that turbo blanket and exhaust wrap raises ECT but I've been observing the opposite on street. If this doesn't work, there's something fundamentally wrong with how the car is set up. Might need to look into a more efficient turbo setup and auxiliary radiators

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Dude that thing looks sweet. Do you plan on running the Acuity reverse flow hoses? And I've been saying that I think turbo blankets could hurt ECT and oil temps due to it heating the exhaust housing which is bolted right next to the water and oil cooled CHRA, but maybe the reduced engine bay temps and insulated turbo heat which is right next to the radiator outweighs that.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Dude that thing looks sweet. Do you plan on running the Acuity reverse flow hoses? And I've been saying that I think turbo blankets could hurt ECT and oil temps due to it heating the exhaust housing which is bolted right next to the water and oil cooled CHRA, but maybe the reduced engine bay temps and insulated turbo heat which is right next to the radiator outweighs that.
I don’t think I’ll run the acuity hoses. Engineering explained did a thing on blankets and said he didn’t observe any difference in turbo oil temps and that the extra heat inside of the turbo stayed in the turbo. Now my DP/FP are ceramic coated and DEI wrapped and I’m not sure if that also contributes to lower engine bay temps. Though I’m curious if I will get better results removing OEM heat shields.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Kind of a boring update but my RV6 suspension components arrived. I went back and forth with Rich at RV6 and decided to hold off on some of the more "harsh" upgrades like spherical bushings and anti lift kits.

Sway bar: to help car rotate better and endlinks to ensure proper fitment on a lowered car
Toe arms: to help reduce toe angle change during load + eccentric lockout for less frequent alignemnts
Control arms: to get even more range of camber adjustment + rigidity + more durability.

I was skeptical at first about this wrinkle red finish but its actually pretty cool. I prefer anodized stuff still. These parts should help the car feel more stable and predictable on track while providing better reliability and less frequent alignment changes. Excited to get this installed and will probably go on at the same time I install my radiator.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build cF0mqfs

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build f4qsyaX

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build SAt1lPk

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build jb6MXu0

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build msG4gIB

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build Iru8hIT

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build u4p7E3m

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build N5AvZpQ

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
Anxious to hear how the PWR treats you. I'll be adding the same radiator if it works.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Made some time today to install the PWR radiator along with the RV6 suspension goodies. Radiator install was pretty straight forward. Going to be trying out a special coolant mix. Not sure how much it will help though. One thing to keep in mind is that the PWR radiator didn't fit too well with the HKS piping kit. I managed to make it work but its not perfect. Comparing the two radiators is like night and day. Difference in overall thickness and fin density is quite significant.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build tIDVq9x

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build bR6hEf5

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build uLl89xq

It was a mild 75-80F ambient day today. Though it's hard to replicate track conditions, I did my best to get the car heatsoaked. The radiator didn't want to get hot on the street! After numerous back to back pulls, ECT 2 sat at a very cool 130F. Overall I am noticing a significant drop in ECT 2 temps during street driving. Next is to test on track. I am planning to get back on track July 11th. Just need to sort out a vibration and / or brake problem.

RV6 arms and sway bar install was quite easy. Only tricky part was getting the endlinks to line up with the LCA. Ended up having to jack up the control arms on each side until they lined up. Car has a bit better turn in and the rear definitely feels a bit more solid. Let my buddy drive the car and he said that it feels almost "twitchy". He was amazed with the power as well. Car just breaks traction in 2nd lol.

I left all of the adjustments alone. I lined up the stock arms and RV6 had them adjusted to factory lengths / specs. For now I will try out the sway bar in the middle position and see how it is. So far initial turn in has been improved.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build kWKN7cd

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build axzwUh6

Honda Civic 10th gen Lust's FK8 Civic Type R Track & Street Build jSTySaD

Last edited:

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, that is really encouraging news regarding the PWR race radiator... Can’t wait to hear your feedback from your upcoming track session.

Placed my order on May 19th, so with any luck will be shipping soon.

To get the Koyorad to fit with my intercooler hoses, had to grind a little bit of the radiator sheet metal edge down. Is that an option with the PWR?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Man, that is really encouraging news regarding the PWR race radiator... Can’t wait to hear your feedback from your upcoming track session.

Placed my order on May 19th, so with any luck will be shipping soon.

To get the Koyorad to fit with my intercooler hoses, had to grind a little bit of the radiator sheet metal edge down. Is that an option with the PWR?
Yea and thats what I would recommend. I was lazy thought and just let the coupler touch the fan bracket.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
Great information Lust, thank you for giving us insight on these products.

Does PWR share why they have such long lead times? Looks like I need to order sooner than later. I used their half size in my db2 turbo build over a decade ago and was impressed with their products then.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Great information Lust, thank you for giving us insight on these products.

Does PWR share why they have such long lead times? Looks like I need to order sooner than later. I used their half size in my db2 turbo build over a decade ago and was impressed with their products then.
3-4 week build time. They say it’s all built to order and hand made.

boarderdf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
For the RV6 lower control arms, since you also have the SPC camber arms, could you use both together to "slightly" change the offset of the rear wheels if you had rubbing issues? And since the control arms have a more secure method of changing the camber, did you remove the SPC arms?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
For the RV6 lower control arms, since you also have the SPC camber arms, could you use both together to "slightly" change the offset of the rear wheels if you had rubbing issues? And since the control arms have a more secure method of changing the camber, did you remove the SPC arms?
Yes you can definitely tuck the wheel now with both camber adjustments. I kept both. The SPC is stronger and has less flex compared to stock. Initial impressions of the RV6 arms and rear sway are really good. Turn in feels so good and the car feels much more planted
Sponsored