Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
We hit the Dynojet following the upgrades, and are finally putting down the numbers that everyone's been requesting to see from the Kuro if you turn it up to 11!

D Rob was able to remotely tune the car, it didn't take more than 2 hours all said and done. For reference, the previous setup without the fuel system, flex fuel kit, and Eventuri Intake was around 406whp and 380wtq on 91. Final Numbers after the upgrades:

426whp/393wtq on 93
469whp/421wtq on E35

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231106_130301

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231106_130159

Here's another FK8 recently tuned by D Rob on the same Dyno, similar parts configuration but the key difference was that the car utilized the RV6 R660 turbo. Laying the 93 Octane graphs on top of each other, Kuro comes on quite strong and keeps the lead till about 5,250 rpm. The R660 will have the top-end on Kuro, it's to be expected.

Speaking with Corey at TSP, who's had both on his FL5 we have the same views on these turbos. The R660 will give us that 500+ whp bragging rights number on E35 and will outgun the Kuro in roll races on the same fuel, however on the street where you would actually benefit from better throttle response and useable power the Kuro is the ideal option.

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231106_135703

I've put on about 1,000kms (620 miles) since the tuning, with 500 of those kms in one day. Performance is very linear, all values are steady, no hiccups to report.

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
New Exhaust!

I've had the 27WON Exhaust on for nearly 2 years, and love it! No reason for me to swap it other than the fact I'm trying something new. We've been working closely with MBRP all year on the 11th Si/Integra, DE5, and FL5 exhaust offerings so I thought why not give their FK8 exhaust a try as well.

Specs:
- 3" Front Pipe
- 3" Exhaust
- T304 SS
- Swappable center section from straight pipe to resonated to reduce overall volume
- Hemholtz rear section to reduce/eliminate drone
- Multiple Tip Options (Black, Carbon Fiber, Burnt SS, SS as equipped on my car)

The MBRP guys were super impressed by the 27WON design, it's one of the more quality aftermarket systems they've seen.

My initial thoughts as soon as I started up the car was that the tone was similar to 27WON but the overall volume is a tad lower - perfect, I'm getting older, busier, and more appreciative of the more comfort-oriented option. Not that 27WON didn't fit the bill as otherwise I would've not kept it for the duration I had, but further reducing the volume around the 2,700 - 3,200 rpm range on the highway makes it quite pleasant for me and the odd times that I have my Mrs. in the car with me as well :)

Perfect timing for install, the exhaust is currently on Black Friday / Cyber Monday pricing:
https://unity-performance.com/products/mbrp-exhaust-fk8?_pos=1&_psq=mbrp&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231114_095328

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231114_095835

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231114_100933
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231114_105805
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231114_111949
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231114_111935
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231114_111958
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231114_124331
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20231114_112923

I can't seem to attach a video here, but here's the Instagram post:

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Been a few months since the last update! Lots of changes have taken place over the winter, and then 2 weeks ago we got the car ready for me to head down to CivicX WTD 2024 :)

I know I will be tracking a whole lot less this year, and want to use the CTR more as a daily driver between the shop and home, cruises, road trips etc.

- Removed all RV6 suspension components. The high speed stability and response was great with these components but the ride at slow speeds was quite clunky, borderline jarring (which is to be expected) on rougher roads. Here's what I have on now suspension wise:

• Whiteline 22mm RSB (stiff setting) + Accord End Links
  • SPC Camber Kit
  • Spoon Rigid Collar (Front and Rear)
  • Ultra Racing Bars underneath the car (Front, Mid, Rear)
  • 27WON Strut Bar w/Brake Brace
  • Honda OEM FK8 LE ADS upgrade (more on that later)
  • Stock Dampers + Springs

- Removed 6-piston BBK. Went back to 2020+ 2-piece rotors + R5 Pads + Motul RBF660 + Brake Master Cylinder with the 27WON Strut Bar (already installed). No drawback from having this kit, it performed amazing but with the purpose of the car going forward as more of a daily driver I don't need a dedicated aftermarket BBK. I didn't experience brake fade with the Paragon BBK at the Tail of Dragon, with the Brembo BBK I experienced some fade after mile 8/11 at the Dragon.

- Sold the SuperSpeed RF06RR 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35R18 Yokohama V601 Summer Tires. New setup is SuperSpeed RF05RR 18x9.5 +45 with 265/40R18 Continental ECS 02. Zero rub, even with weight going through the Dragon. I have the benefit of reducing wheel gap, without reducing ground clearance as I can clear speed bumps and even small roadkill head-on without turning or swerving. I can't say enough good words about the ECS 02, they're a modern and slightly more refined alternative to the Michelin PS4S at a lower cost.

This new setup took me 800 miles to the Dragon in relative comfort, and once there I kept +R on the entire time to really put the car through its paces. We have a fast yet responsible group, and I was quicker and at the same time less on the edge compared to last year due to a more balanced feeling setup. The ADS module's damper tuning doesn't upset the car at all with the rest of my mods in place, as the car would quickly settle back down over any bumps or road surface changes, and feels super stable at speed. Well worth the money, we carry this now at Unity!

Pictures of the car how it currently sits. It'll be one-year next month since I went full-time with Unity, turned 30 late last year, and just a general shift in my priorities and how I want things to be in my daily life. I like to cruise around under 3K in relative comfort, adaptive cruise control on, listening to music, taking calls, and having my wife also come with me on longer drives and enjoy her time in the car...hold on, haven't gone full grandpa yet! But trips to the dragon, or solo blasts are just a toggle away - the dual personality of this build is really what makes me fall in love with the car for all uses, versus just a shop promotional build that I wouldn't use much :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20240404_174738
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20240403_110432
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20240403_110358
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread 20240403_110423

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been a few months since the last update! Lots of changes have taken place over the winter, and then 2 weeks ago we got the car ready for me to head down to CivicX WTD 2024 :)

I know I will be tracking a whole lot less this year, and want to use the CTR more as a daily driver between the shop and home, cruises, road trips etc.

- Removed all RV6 suspension components. The high speed stability and response was great with these components but the ride at slow speeds was quite clunky, borderline jarring (which is to be expected) on rougher roads. Here's what I have on now suspension wise:

• Whiteline 22mm RSB (stiff setting) + Accord End Links
  • SPC Camber Kit
  • Spoon Rigid Collar (Front and Rear)
  • Ultra Racing Bars underneath the car (Front, Mid, Rear)
  • 27WON Strut Bar w/Brake Brace
  • Honda OEM FK8 LE ADS upgrade (more on that later)
  • Stock Dampers + Springs

- Removed 6-piston BBK. Went back to 2020+ 2-piece rotors + R5 Pads + Motul RBF660 + Brake Master Cylinder with the 27WON Strut Bar (already installed). No drawback from having this kit, it performed amazing but with the purpose of the car going forward as more of a daily driver I don't need a dedicated aftermarket BBK. I didn't experience brake fade with the Paragon BBK at the Tail of Dragon, with the Brembo BBK I experienced some fade after mile 8/11 at the Dragon.

- Sold the SuperSpeed RF06RR 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35R18 Yokohama V601 Summer Tires. New setup is SuperSpeed RF05RR 18x9.5 +45 with 265/40R18 Continental ECS 02. Zero rub, even with weight going through the Dragon. I have the benefit of reducing wheel gap, without reducing ground clearance as I can clear speed bumps and even small roadkill head-on without turning or swerving. I can't say enough good words about the ECS 02, they're a modern and slightly more refined alternative to the Michelin PS4S at a lower cost.

This new setup took me 800 miles to the Dragon in relative comfort, and once there I kept +R on the entire time to really put the car through its paces. We have a fast yet responsible group, and I was quicker and at the same time less on the edge compared to last year due to a more balanced feeling setup. The ADS module's damper tuning doesn't upset the car at all with the rest of my mods in place, as the car would quickly settle back down over any bumps or road surface changes, and feels super stable at speed. Well worth the money, we carry this now at Unity!

Pictures of the car how it currently sits. It'll be one-year next month since I went full-time with Unity, turned 30 late last year, and just a general shift in my priorities and how I want things to be in my daily life. I like to cruise around under 3K in relative comfort, adaptive cruise control on, listening to music, taking calls, and having my wife also come with me on longer drives and enjoy her time in the car...hold on, haven't gone full grandpa yet! But trips to the dragon, or solo blasts are just a toggle away - the dual personality of this build is really what makes me fall in love with the car for all uses, versus just a shop promotional build that I wouldn't use much :)

20240404_174738.jpg
20240403_110432.jpg
20240403_110358.jpg
20240403_110423.jpg
Wish I could've have run the dragon with y'all Friday night, but I was playing tool and parts delivery man. That run on 28 we had was cookin though 🤘.

Can't wait to see you next for year's event! I feel some nice touches are going to get added to an already great event 😉