Which unit will you be getting?

• Total voters

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@dominican has taken the time to put together an ECU removal video, so we're happy to share it here!

We've released extended testing details:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/ktuner-extended-testing-and-tune-results.21481/

Stage 0 Tune:
20whp 35wtq
Stage0vsOEM.jpg

Stage 1 Tune:
50whp 65wtq
Stage1vsOEM.jpg
@KTuner is pretty much like the alpha male grizzly bear!!! You have marked your territory and showed why you are the dominant factor with the 10th gen Civic platform. I am so glad I am using your product and me and many others are thrilled to death that we actually have a choice in ECU programmers. Without a doubt, you have the best product, best price, and best customer service!! I would say I was surprised with these numbers but at this point this is a normal day at the office for you guys. Keep up the excellent work, and I know this platform is just beginning and will continue to grow with your intuitive and innovative product.
Sponsored

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@dominican has taken the time to put together an ECU removal video, so we're happy to share it here!

We've released extended testing details:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/ktuner-extended-testing-and-tune-results.21481/

Stage 0 Tune:
20whp 35wtq
Stage0vsOEM.jpg

Stage 1 Tune:
50whp 65wtq
Stage1vsOEM.jpg

Just sent my ECU in to KTuner. While I don't have or support he Hondata platform, the video linked is....or not quite right. DON'T take the positive battery terminal off as the first step, always negative first. Secondly, save a lot of time and effort buy just removing the 2 10mm bolts at the base of the ECU housing, vs. the 4 on the sides, then 2. The 2 at base support the whole housing. Once out, take the other 4 out to remove ECU form the plastic box. There's a "Hondata video (no audio), but it shows the easiest way to get it out.

Remove NEGATIVE battery cable, 2 10mm bolts down at the base of the ECU housing, knock out the 2 clips holding the cable on to the housing, and remove. THEN do the other 4 bolts/tabs to remove ECU.

Stage 1 KTune'd waiting to be flashed. :respect:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Any updates on the rollout of Advanced VSA for the Type R?

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner For Type-R - Now Available upload_2019-9-26_10-50-42

Yay! My car is without a brain right now. :bonk:

KoalaNest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello Fellow CivicX Enthusiasts!

It brings me great pleasure to announce our release of KTuner for the 17+ Civic Type-R!!!!

KTunerR.png

For those of you looking for a little more in depth information on our journey and where we're headed, check out the KTuner and the Type-R – Where do we go from here? post on our website. http://www.KTuner.com/ktunertyper

The short of it is simple. KTuner is available starting tomorrow for the Civic Type-R.

To those of you who have continued to call and email us about supporting this platform, thank you. We apologize that we couldn't spill the beans on how close we were to release, but it is a competitive market.

Who will be supported?
  • We plan to support not only all FK8s worldwide, but also FK2 owners as well.
  • This week we are rolling out support for United Stated Type-R owners.
  • We are beginning to train a dealer in Canada who will be able to perform unlocks for the Canadian market. We hope to launch support for Canada in the upcoming weeks.
  • We already have dealers established who will be unlocking for regions in Europe and regions in Asia once we're ready to release for those markets.
Are the prices for KTuner units going to change because it's a Type-R?
Absolutely not. The rumors that these ECUs were super difficult or expensive to get into are not true. Or at least they didn't have to be. The only additional cost will be having your ECU unlocked.
  • KTunerFlash V1.2 will be available for $699 with unlock.
  • KTunerFlash V2 will be available for $899 with unlock.
  • Any KTuner V1.2 or V2 will work, so no need to get a special unit for the Type-R if you already have a KTuner unit and get a Type-R later on down the road.

How much is unlocking and how will it work? Shipping?
  • Your ECU currently needs to be sent in for a one time unlock.
  • ECUs for our U.S. customers will come directly to KTuner for unlocking.
  • We will add additional dealers authorized to unlock in the U.S. shortly.
  • The cost of unlocking separate from a full kit purchase is $300 and that includes return overnight shipping in the United States.
  • Special shipping arrangements may be an option in certain circumstances.
  • Return packages will require signature. No exceptions.
How long will it take to get my ECU back?
We will be able to get all scheduled incoming ECUs out the same day they're received.

How will we be rolling it out?
We've seen how enthusiastic the market is about tuning options coming and we expect the first few weeks to be something close to overwhelming.
  • We will be scheduling ECU shipments with everyone in an effort to have minimal downtime for everyone sending their ECUs in and to prevent getting backed up.
  • We are taking orders this week for those who want a V1.2.
  • We will begin taking orders for those who want a V2 the week of March 6th.

What tunes will be included?
  • We are launching with a stage 1 tune adding 20whp, more in the low-midrange, and 60wtq.
  • 91+ Octane required.
  • Our stage 2 is already in development.
Can I get custom tuning done?
Much like we launched the 1.5T, there will be limited access to change settings in our initial staged tunes, but we will be including additional access with starter maps as we publish tuning information and train our dealers on this new ECU platform. Of course we'll also be including quick adjustments in our starter maps as well, just like the 1.5T platforms!

Flash back to factory or between tunes at any time!

How to get in touch!!!

We know there are going to be a lot of excited members out there, but we would like to keep our phone lines open for support calls. If you're interested in KTuner for the Type-R please contact us via email only. [email protected]

Thank you for understanding. We're looking forward to working one on one with a lot of you! I hope everyone is as excited as we are!

Regards,
KTuner
Hi @KTuner,

I am very new to tuning and thinking abt getting v1.2. What is the mod requirements for stage 0 &1? I am planning to flash tune with no mod first, would that be considered stage 0 or 1? Is it possible to keep Oem comfort mode, stage 0 in sport and stage 1 in r+?
Thank you very much. ☺

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Hi @KTuner,

I am very new to tuning and thinking abt getting v1.2. What is the mod requirements for stage 0 &1? I am planning to flash tune with no mod first, would that be considered stage 0 or 1? Is it possible to keep Oem comfort mode, stage 0 in sport and stage 1 in r+?
Thank you very much. ☺
No mods needed.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
No mods necessary to get started and you can alter targets in every mode vs gear to achieve the setup you mentioned!
Sponsored