Truckinturtle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
Just hear me vent if you got the time. I’ll take any criticism.
I’m coming from a Challenger RT. I miss that car. The attention and feeling of driving it. The sound! Anyway, I decided that I wanted to save gas and help out the family during this Pandemic but also I wanted have a little bit more fun with a newer car. So I was recommended to go with an Si and they’re not that bad looking. I never drove a manual in my life. I learned on the spot. It was fun at first I’ll admit. But now 4 1/2 months in. I barely drive it because I don’t really like it. I’ve only put 1,220 miles in since buying it at 0 miles. I personally think its slow. The sound of the turbo is alright. All I did was tint the windows. I’m not looking into making it "faster." I personally don’t think its worth it. I absolutely HATE the Honda Sensing. I don’t know how to permanently disable them. Its caused me to almost crash multiple times because the car assumes I’m going to do something. The lane assist is ass. In intersections where there are lots of white lines crossing each other the car gets confused and it feels like I’m fighting with the car with trying to control it. Very annoying. I literally take Uber everywhere rather than drive my car. Or I try n do my errands at work so I won’t have to drive it. I know that’s ridiculous huh, but I really dont like it that bad ? Only time i use it, is to work and back home which is 5 minutes away. I want to get the Challenger 392 Shaker ScatPack but that gas ain’t no joke! But I just might go back... But I just might go for a 2020 Accord 1.5T or pay for luxury on a Benz. Not sure what to do. I don’t see myself lasting more than 1.5yrs with it. I barely want to think about a year. I want to deal with it because the gas is amazing!! My tank lasts me 3-4 weeks spending around $36. At the same time, having a car payment is annoying so we’ll see what happens. Just my few cents about the civic si. When I compare the looks, getting rid of the Challenger was my biggest regret. I had no choice. This damn Pandemic ruined everything. Any car recommendations? Criticism? ? Advice? Anybody feel me on this?
Also, the Infotainment system really sucks! Especially when I try n hook up AppleCarPlay.... alright I’m done ?
3DD01063-1D46-4374-B55C-B0CCC6A721A5.jpeg
F68C0D52-6DDF-43BD-82C3-75BB46D48802.jpeg
4F8E8E1B-41BA-4C19-9072-F42E14718F31.jpeg
CC7A025C-CB2B-4DE7-9805-66023C941CD1.jpeg
I got a 2020 sedan, rims already, I have had 68 impala a couple Silverado s and a 78 nova, I just got out of a sequoia and I drive semis now for 15 years, I think it's a great little car I have a 30 mile commute for work and my old truck was 50 dollars a week in fuel, I miss the sound of a v8 but the connection when driving my si ,the gokart handling my plan is to keep it around and eventually get a c5 Corvette to clown in there are always compromises I left a 8 passenger suv with twice the power and honestly better acceleration, all my coworkers have chargers f150s v8 Cherokee and Durango I had to stand out with something different and being the si model it's kinda rare and unique

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I had to stand out with something different and being the si model it's kinda rare and unique
That’s very true every almost every vehicle out there is a square box
( SUVs trucks) especially white SUVs they look more like a appliance.
the other day a elderly man was looking at my car and he said that he didn’t know that the civic came in a two if he did he would have gotten it. I told him 2020 is the last year for the coupe and also you have to ask for it like I did in 2018 ( btw he owned a 2019 ex sedan)
I told him the salesperson is just going to sale you wha is on the lot
for a quick sale and he shook his head agreeing with me

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
A friend of mine had a 1988 Iroc 5.7 Liter with auto also yellow
it wasn’t a bad car ( wow it can’t believe I was 20 when that car was new) he had bought it in 1995 he also had a 1995 S10 SS and a 1986
toyota 4x4 pickup he didn’t have the iroc for very long he sold it and the Toyota right before he got married in 1996
Thats what I miss about 80's and 90's cars and trucks. They were not too heavy and for me prices felt close to the income range of that time.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thats what I miss about 80's and 90's cars and trucks. They were not too heavy and for me prices felt close to the income range of that time.
to be honest looking back the 1979 to 1993 fox platform mustang and 1982 to 2003 Camaro/ firebird where in a class of themselves.
the fox platform mustang wasn’t trying to copy A 1965 or 67 I mean the mustang II was trying to copy the older design it was its own design. And the Camaro and firebird had that European super car
design I also liked the Vette C4 . At first when the mustang had the 1967 retro design in 2005 I thought it was cool as I thought the 2010
retro 69 Camaro was cool. But now these cars are getting to look like the same old thing like a SUV obviously this is my own opinion. It’s 2020 start making these cars look futuristic not like a 67 or 69 or 70
dodge challenger

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Hondas isn't bad at all. I've driven other cars with sensing and Hondas is very subtle compared to most. They did lane departure just right imo and it's not annoying like in my Rav4. I do turn off collision evertime I get in the car though because it doesn't match my style of driving haha.
I like sensing too, but I leave collision on and LKAS off when I drive. Collision never bother me yet.

I like LKAS when it works, but unfortunately, it only works well in well marked highways so that's where I use it. This is not a Honda problem. The Ford Fusion's system is pretty useless too.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
to be honest looking back the 1979 to 1993 fox platform mustang and 1982 to 2003 Camaro/ firebird where in a class of themselves.
the fox platform mustang wasn’t trying to copy A 1965 or 67 I mean the mustang II was trying to copy the older design it was its own design. And the Camaro and firebird had that European super car
design I also liked the Vette C4 . At first when the mustang had the 1967 retro design in 2005 I thought it was cool as I thought the 2010
retro 69 Camaro was cool. But now these cars are getting to look like the same old thing like a SUV obviously this is my own opinion. It’s 2020 start making these cars look futuristic not like a 67 or 69 or 70
dodge challenger
You are correct and I am looking forward to new designs. During my early college years I liked the new retro VW Bettle and as I was finishing college life, the upcoming '05 Mustang. I had a '98 Mustang GT, '99 GT and then the '07 Saleen. As well as my beloved '00 WS.6. All these pony cars looked different.

That is why I'm a fan of the C8 Vette and new Supra. They went with Non Retro look and modern.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You are correct and I am looking forward to new designs. During my early college years I liked the new retro VW Bettle and as I was finishing college life, the upcoming '05 Mustang. I had a '98 Mustang GT, '99 GT and then the '07 Saleen. As well as my beloved '00 WS.6. All these pony cars looked different.

That is why I'm a fan of the C8 Vette and new Supra. They went with Non Retro look and modern.
Actually the mid engine Vette was supposed to come out in 1975
with a rotary engine but GM scrapped the rotary project leaving to delay the mid engine vette and dumping inadequate engines in the Chevy monza ,Skyhawk , sunbird and starfire and yes the AMC pacer
that why if you look under the hood of a pacer the straight six looks out of place. When GM dumped the rotary AMC had no choice of putting a out of date drive Tran and suspension in a radical design car. Also chevy had another go at the mid engine in the nineties which also didn’t happen until now. To be honest I’m not that crazy over the 11 gen civic by the picture that I’ve seen why did they go with those taillights that looks like from a Dodge Charger here’s a picture of the first mid engine corvette ( 1973 concept)

Honda Civic 10th gen I Don’t Like My 2020 Civic Si Coupe 4219E435-144E-412D-BB24-84BF05866A21

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
The appeal of the Si for me is it does everything I need it to (including handlng snow well now that I have an LSD), for cheap money with great gas mileage and resale.

If the Si were $45k, had crappy resale and got 18 mpg, I'd hate it. So if those things don't appeal to you, it's not going to stand up to something with a V8. I love the Challenger, it reminds me of this:

Honda Civic 10th gen I Don’t Like My 2020 Civic Si Coupe paul-c-millers-mad-max-car

I need a reliable high MPG car cause I use it for work (25k miles/year before Covid), otherwise I'd love to get something with a V8 and preferably a 6mT.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually the mid engine Vette was supposed to come out in 1975
with a rotary engine but GM scrapped the rotary project leaving to delay the mid engine vette and dumping inadequate engines in the Chevy monza ,Skyhawk , sunbird and starfire and yes the AMC pacer
that why if you look under the hood of a pacer the straight six looks out of place. When GM dumped the rotary AMC had no choice of putting a out of date drive Tran and suspension in a radical design car. Also chevy had another go at the mid engine in the nineties which also didn’t happen until now. To be honest I’m not that crazy over the 11 gen civic by the picture that I’ve seen why did they go with those taillights that looks like from a Dodge Charger here’s a picture of the first mid engine corvette ( 1973 concept)

4219E435-144E-412D-BB24-84BF05866A21.jpeg
Rumor was also the the C7 was to be mid-engine, but GM ran out of R&D funds.

I actually like that Better prototype:)

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rumor was also the the C7 was to be mid-engine, but GM ran out of R&D funds.

I actually like that Better prototype:)
Ha! Typical for GM to run out of funds

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Mat, just sell or trade it. The used car market is booming, and the Si isn't available for the 2021 model year. So you likely won't take a big hit.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
That’s fine you have your own opinion
but don’t get mad if someone post that they hate annoying Japanese cars
my problem with these pony cars today is that they have reliability problems also European cars as well ( German) it’s just Japanese cars have less problems that’s one of many reasons I own a Japanese car especially a Honda
so far i have 63,000 on the camaro and 33,000 on the honda.only fail so far is they both have crappy paint that flakes if a sand grain hits it on the highway.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so far i have 63,000 on the camaro and 33,000 on the honda.only fail so far is they both have crappy paint that flakes if a sand grain hits it on the highway.
I haven’t experienced any paint problems on my civic but a few weeks ago I’ve noticed a sonic grey hatchback in a parking lot with a paint problem on both side mirrors and only the mirrors

Honda Civic 10th gen I Don’t Like My 2020 Civic Si Coupe 78BC54A3-01BF-44C4-8ED0-AF4A6050FEC0
Sponsored