Frankirap

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic
Country flag
It's all good until your clutch fails and Honda doesn't cover it. Mine went at 8 weeks 2500 miles they would not cover it and told me it was abuse. They had no evidence of abuse took the clutch to an expert who only does clutches and he said the preload had clutch never fully engaged. Stock car no mods and I'm not alone look on line. I'm done with Honda
Sponsored

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It's all good until your clutch fails and Honda doesn't cover it. Mine went at 8 weeks 2500 miles they would not cover it and told me it was abuse. They had no evidence of abuse took the clutch to an expert who only does clutches and he said the preload had clutch never fully engaged. Stock car no mods and I'm not alone look on line. I'm done with Honda
But not with our forum it appears.

There's going to be naysayers on any topic, but enjoy the car, don't sweat the small stuff and continue to be a good father. Your son is very blessed.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It has happened to a few people but after fighting with Honda people got a warranty done I wouldn’t say I’m done with Honda because of a weak clutch that’s just dumb

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
But not with our forum it appears.

There's going to be naysayers on any topic, but enjoy the car, don't sweat the small stuff and continue to be a good father. Your son is very blessed.
Just because someone is not currently interested in buying another vehicle from a brand doesn't mean they're not still enthusiasts of it and interested in learning and sharing information and discussing it.

I purchased 11 new Honda automobiles from 2006 to 2018 and have owned 9 new Honda motorcycles, scooters, and ATVs since 1982, and have owned generators, lawn mowers, and pressure washers with Honda engines. If you add that all up, I've given Honda nearly half a million dollars over the decades.

Their decreasing quality in the last few years, arrogant attitude, and unwillingness to retain loyal and repeat customers sent me over the edge earlier this year. I sold my last Honda automobile and motorcycle and moved on.

Honda was a big part of my life and I still enjoy keeping up with the brand, but I no intentions of purchasing or recommending one at this time. If and when Honda's quality and customer service improves, I may consider them again in the future.