Just bought 2020 Si coupe for my son.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
They have a problem there is a clutch delay valve that delays engagement of the clutch along with a dual mass flywheel that is spring loaded. This is not your typical set up.
Huh? Clutch delay valves and dual-mass flywheels are more of a rule than an exception.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I bought a new SI 20 SI for my son he has been driving 3 of my cars with sticks from brand new clutch felt strange delayed I've been driving a stick for over 40 years at 2500 miles clutch failed they denied warranties said it was abuse with no proof to warrant it. Beware Honda is ducking this and it's all over the net. When I brought the car in the was a 19 si there same issue. 3900 miles claim denied. They have a problem there is a clutch delay valve that delays engagement of the clutch along with a dual mass flywheel that is spring loaded. This is not your typical set up. I'll never by another Honda. They claim warranty and then deny it. Can't wait to get rid of the car
How much did it cost to fix?

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
its kinda standard practice to deny stuff at dealers. that's when you have to push it up the chain or get an attorney involved. a large percentage of people are just going to give up and they know it .

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
This car is amazing. I’m trying to teach my son how to drive it. I kinda selfishly hope he doesn’t like it so I can have it and he can drive my truck.

7B41164B-2736-42D9-9915-ABCCA29397DC.jpeg

BC5F09EE-7B40-4158-8413-07EF805790C6.jpeg

867235D4-9484-48F3-8D2D-6536CC5351D4.jpeg

A23A2F79-672A-4FCE-8D9E-A2D29F973847.jpeg
It's identical to mine, so, I love it. ;) I'm sure your son is happy with it, too. Really nice gift there pops.

Itsawgood

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si energy green
Country flag
I've got an OEM car cover made exactly for the coupe, $100 + $20 shipping. Let me know.
I drive an 18 Civic coupe energy Green now my first car was a 1976 four-speed Honda Civic.
Hey you got him a very safe car, fun to drive and awesome to look at

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations, he is lucky to have a dad with great taste in cars. I am also a card carrying member of the 'save the manuals' school of thinking. And you are right, the more the car demands of his attention the better. Once he has the basics down, if his feet can reach -pedal placement in the SI is not ideal - you can try teaching him to heel and toe. Or have him google it.
On that note, the Acuity pedal kit relocates the brake and gas pedal closer so it is easier to double clutch. Other than that, and eventually some good Michelin Pilot S4 tires, I would not mod the car.
It is plenty fast enough, especially for a new driver. Or even a seasoned pilot.
Once he gets used to it, and once it is broken in - another 600 - 1,000 miles - it will really be fun. I just traded a 2017 that served me well, and the only reason I am not missing it more is the 2018 Type R it was traded in for. Nothing else would have caused me to swap. And I have test driven the RS, Veloster N, WRX, etc.
Hope he appreciates what a cool dad he has, and enjoys it in good health and keeps it for the long haul. And lets you have it occasionally.

JudgeCrater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Ridgeline, Accord
Country flag
Not much chance he will not like it. I think you are out of luck getting it.
I hope he is a more responsible driver than I was at his age.

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
I was a pretty shitty/aggressive driver in my teens and early 20s. We use Life360 to monitor our 16yo's driving (speed and location) but he seems to be pretty responsible.

I have a friend that needed help with their 16 yo over-correcting and rolling a car and another friend's kid that is on his 3rd car while still in high school.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I was a pretty shitty/aggressive driver in my teens and early 20s. We use Life360 to monitor our 16yo's driving (speed and location) but he seems to be pretty responsible.

I have a friend that needed help with their 16 yo over-correcting and rolling a car and another friend's kid that is on his 3rd car while still in high school.
That's when you should realize they should be riding the bus. lol.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You looking for a 37 year old son? I come with a daughter-in-law and 3 grandkids at no extra charge...

Congrats to your boy. He's a lucky kid to have dad who'll buy him a new car like that. I thought (and still do) think I was blessed when me dad chipped in 2 grand to the 2 grand I'd saved up one summer to buy my first car my senior year. Loved that car. One of these...

Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought 2020 Si coupe for my son. 001

I learned stick by having to drive it home by myself an hour or so away. I made it back... eventually.

Julit0

First Name
Julito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
He’s a great kid! His grades are great now (wasn’t the case last year) and he plays basketball, football, and baseball. we are a little worried he will get the cloth seats sweaty. Any ideas on how to prevent that? Couldn’t find any seat covers. We really like the seats.

It was his 16th birthday present. He didn’t ask for it.

I just wanted him to have a safe fun car to drive. I was amazed I could get so much car for so little. Now I want one too.
I use this towel after I run or workout and have to drive home. https://www.orangemud.com/products/transition-and-seat-wrap-version-2-0
Sponsored