alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Great buy...? he his lucky to drive a 2020 si to learn manuel car. Just tell him to just don't go WOT below 3.5-4k and you will avoid some clutch problem ??

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag

OP
OP

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Wide Open Throttle ?
gotcha

yeah, I told him not to go over 4K rpm for the first 600 miles

so far he’s not giving it enough gas

has only stalled a couple of times

I remember when I was learning I really struggled at first.

I think once he gets the hang of it he will love it and it will also make him concentrate more on his driving and less on distractions such as his smart phone.

I test drove It and was hoping not to like it but was blown away and the addition of Honda Sensing for 2020 sold me.

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
Congratulations on the purchase. May I ask what the sales price was (including destination, not including tax, title, and license)? I am speaking with a dealer this week. Thank you.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
from a 2019 stand point with a finicky first gear for parking lot speeds. (Might be different with the gearing change) i would recommend exactly that. Parking lot time. Get him in an empty parking lot, which should be easy given the current situation. Have him imagine lots all cars. And to drive as if Karen is rushing for her TP and Lysol and you need to stop every half a lane of cars. And continue on at a 10k/hr 6m/hr
Feather that pedal and then practice some uphill starts without the brake hold. And I stress WITHOUT the hold. Learn what you need to know if the electronic stuff isn't there.

Have fun with him during the process its something your will both be able to look back on together.

Aaron.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Pretty cool. Did he choose the car or did you?

OP
OP

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Congratulations on the purchase. May I ask what the sales price was (including destination, not including tax, title, and license)? I am speaking with a dealer this week. Thank you.
$23,704 out the door
Including $500 sales tax (Max in South Carolina), $449 doc fee, and $55 tag fee

Steve Padgett Honda of Lake Murray in Columbia, SC.Salesmen was great to work with - Caleb; manager was great too - David

OP
OP

tcaustin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
My guess is he is a damn good athlete with awesome grades? Great buy dad! So blessed to have the opportunity to provide your son with such an amazing car. Enjoy the ride and welcome to civicx !
He’s a great kid! His grades are great now (wasn’t the case last year) and he plays basketball, football, and baseball. we are a little worried he will get the cloth seats sweaty. Any ideas on how to prevent that? Couldn’t find any seat covers. We really like the seats.

It was his 16th birthday present. He didn’t ask for it.

I just wanted him to have a safe fun car to drive. I was amazed I could get so much car for so little. Now I want one too.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I did ?

He’s not into cars like I am

he was happy getting my old GMC pickup with 181k miles
Hopefully he likes it as much as you seem to.
Sponsored