First Name
Marc Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just hear me vent if you got the time. I’ll take any criticism.
I’m coming from a Challenger RT. I miss that car. The attention and feeling of driving it. The sound! Anyway, I decided that I wanted to save gas and help out the family during this Pandemic but also I wanted have a little bit more fun with a newer car. So I was recommended to go with an Si and they’re not that bad looking. I never drove a manual in my life. I learned on the spot. It was fun at first I’ll admit. But now 4 1/2 months in. I barely drive it because I don’t really like it. I’ve only put 1,220 miles in since buying it at 0 miles. I personally think its slow. The sound of the turbo is alright. All I did was tint the windows. I’m not looking into making it "faster." I personally don’t think its worth it. I absolutely HATE the Honda Sensing. I don’t know how to permanently disable them. Its caused me to almost crash multiple times because the car assumes I’m going to do something. The lane assist is ass. In intersections where there are lots of white lines crossing each other the car gets confused and it feels like I’m fighting with the car with trying to control it. Very annoying. I literally take Uber everywhere rather than drive my car. Or I try n do my errands at work so I won’t have to drive it. I know that’s ridiculous huh, but I really dont like it that bad ? Only time i use it, is to work and back home which is 5 minutes away. I want to get the Challenger 392 Shaker ScatPack but that gas ain’t no joke! But I just might go back... But I just might go for a 2020 Accord 1.5T or pay for luxury on a Benz. Not sure what to do. I don’t see myself lasting more than 1.5yrs with it. I barely want to think about a year. I want to deal with it because the gas is amazing!! My tank lasts me 3-4 weeks spending around $36. At the same time, having a car payment is annoying so we’ll see what happens. Just my few cents about the civic si. When I compare the looks, getting rid of the Challenger was my biggest regret. I had no choice. This damn Pandemic ruined everything. Any car recommendations? Criticism? ? Advice? Anybody feel me on this?
Also, the Infotainment system really sucks! Especially when I try n hook up AppleCarPlay.... alright I’m done ?
Honda Civic 10th gen I Don’t Like My 2020 Civic Si Coupe 3DD01063-1D46-4374-B55C-B0CCC6A721A5
Honda Civic 10th gen I Don’t Like My 2020 Civic Si Coupe F68C0D52-6DDF-43BD-82C3-75BB46D48802
Honda Civic 10th gen I Don’t Like My 2020 Civic Si Coupe 4F8E8E1B-41BA-4C19-9072-F42E14718F31
Honda Civic 10th gen I Don’t Like My 2020 Civic Si Coupe CC7A025C-CB2B-4DE7-9805-66023C941CD1

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since your trying to save on gas, i'll assume you don't have money to mod it. Modded Si's are running 11 second 1/4 mile times. so look for another car, maybe a used Focus RS.

OP
OP
MAT2020

MAT2020

First Name
Marc Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since your trying to save on gas, i'll assume you don't have money to mod it. Modded Si's are running 11 second 1/4 mile times. so look for another car, maybe a used Focus RS.
LMAO! I do have it, in fact I have the recommended 20% down payment for the scatpack but I just don’t think its worth modding it if I’m not going to keep it longer than the length of my contract you get me? Ehhh i don’t fuck with ford at all. We’ll see what happens, thanks for the input.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I have a 2018 EX-T coupe and have zero problems I know people that have these mega horsepower mustangs Camaros and challengers
which cost double as much as a SI and have more problems. Yes maybe the SI is slower than these cars but less reliable

Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
Buy the 400 ktuner v1.2 or the 600 dollar one that comes with the little screen from two step or phearable and that alone will make it feel like a completely different car they give an off the shelf tune for free if you buy from them. Car will be much faster and for some depending how you drive get better gas mileage. I know you said you didn’t want to mod but 400 dollars for a way better feeling car is worth it. My buddy had the v6 charger and with the tune mine overtakes him when I’m in 3rd and 4th now

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The nanny shit makes me glad I got a 2018. Try permanently disabling sensing.

I don't see how you'll be happier in an Accord, it has sensing also. If you opt for one look into a 2.0 instead. You'll still have good gas mileage and it'll pull harder than the Civic.

It's early in warranty to go with tuner (one makes a HUGE difference), but what I really want to know is...

Have you taken your si to the twisties yet??? I think you'll find it able to do a trick your boat couldn't :cool:

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any car recommendations? Criticism? ? Advice? Anybody feel me on this?
Also, the Infotainment system really sucks! Especially when I try n hook up AppleCarPlay.... alright I’m done ?
CC7A025C-CB2B-4DE7-9805-66023C941CD1.jpeg
Fantastic post and i love my car but it's because i can't really afford anything else, and i'm an honda fanboy and i always loved them...but i feel you on some of the stuff you said...it's true that the infotainment can be a pain...especially for the 5 seconds it takes to it to wake up when you turn on the car...can't lower the frkn volume for like 5 seconds for real...and if you switch to reverse before that, guess what you have a 30% chance or so get stuck on the reverse camera for the whole drive...

BUT, man...it's such a beautiful car...

i honestly don't know what i would go with if you unlocked my budget to say...50$ instead of 25$K for a car...i would most likely go to Lexus or something...or an audi S3 or something i guess...and if it was purely for comunting and styling and not looking at practicality...like for the style alone i would probably be in a white 370Z with only the best styling mods. :headbang:

OP
OP
MAT2020

MAT2020

First Name
Marc Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2018 EX-T coupe and have zero problems I know people that have these mega horsepower mustangs Camaros and challengers
which cost double as much as a SI and have more problems. Yes maybe the SI is slower than these cars but less reliable
True yeah. That’s facts. I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for the reminder

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m coming from a Challenger RT. I miss that car. The attention and feeling of driving it. The sound! Anyway, I decided that I wanted to save gas and help out the family during this Pandemic but also I wanted have a little bit more fun with a newer car. So I was recommended to go with an Si and they’re not that bad looking. I never drove a manual in my life. I learned on the spot. It was fun at first I’ll admit. But now 4 1/2 months in. I barely drive it because I don’t really like it. I’ve only put 1,220 miles in since buying it at 0 miles. I personally think its slow. The sound of the turbo is alright. All I did was tint the windows. I’m not looking into making it "faster." I personally don’t think its worth it. I absolutely HATE the Honda Sensing. I don’t know how to permanently disable them. Its caused me to almost crash multiple times because the car assumes I’m going to do something. The lane assist is ass. In intersections where there are lots of white lines crossing each other the car gets confused and it feels like I’m fighting with the car with trying to control it. Very annoying. I literally take Uber everywhere rather than drive my car. Or I try n do my errands at work so I won’t have to drive it. I know that’s ridiculous huh, but I really dont like it that bad ? Only time i use it, is to work and back home which is 5 minutes away. I want to get the Challenger 392 Shaker ScatPack but that gas ain’t no joke! But I just might go back... But I just might go for a 2020 Accord 1.5T or pay for luxury on a Benz. Not sure what to do. I don’t see myself lasting more than 1.5yrs with it. I barely want to think about a year. I want to deal with it because the gas is amazing!! My tank lasts me 3-4 weeks spending around $36. At the same time, having a car payment is annoying so we’ll see what happens. Just my few cents about the civic si. When I compare the looks, getting rid of the Challenger was my biggest regret. I had no choice. This damn Pandemic ruined everything. Any car recommendations? Criticism? ? Advice? Anybody feel me on this?
3DD01063-1D46-4374-B55C-B0CCC6A721A5.jpeg
F68C0D52-6DDF-43BD-82C3-75BB46D48802.jpeg
4F8E8E1B-41BA-4C19-9072-F42E14718F31.jpeg
CC7A025C-CB2B-4DE7-9805-66023C941CD1.jpeg
First question is, how old are you? Second question is, have you ever owned a tuner car as opposed to "American muscle"? (I have had both, not dogging you).. Thirdly, are you kidding us right now??? This has to be a joke..

How about reading the owner's manual and looking up youtube videos? You can literally turn all that Honda sensing crap off from the infotainment system.

Well, anyway, upside is that you can sell it for about what you paid for it. Post it on the classified forum on here and I'm sure someone will buy it fairly quickly.

If you're not happy with it than it's not the car for you and it probably wants a different home as well. Just my two cents.

OP
OP
MAT2020

MAT2020

First Name
Marc Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fantastic post and i love my car but it's because i can't really afford anything else, and i'm an honda fanboy and i always loved them...but i feel you on some of the stuff you said...it's true that the infotainment can be a pain...especially for the 5 seconds it takes to it to wake up when you turn on the car...can't lower the frkn volume for like 5 seconds for real...and if you switch to reverse before that, guess what you have a 30% chance or so get stuck on the reverse camera for the whole drive...

BUT, man...it's such a beautiful car...

i honestly don't know what i would go with if you unlocked my budget to say...50$ instead of 25$K for a car...i would most likely go to Lexus or something...or an audi S3 or something i guess...and if it was purely for comunting and styling and not looking at practicality...like for the style alone i would probably be in a white 370Z with only the best styling mods. :headbang:
Lol! ? Yes! The camera! The volume! You got it right on the money right there. Thanks for the input

OP
OP
MAT2020

MAT2020

First Name
Marc Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First question is, how old are you? Second question is, have you ever owned a tuner car as opposed to "American muscle"? (I have had both, not dogging you).. Thirdly, are you kidding us right now??? This has to be a joke..

How about reading the owner's manual and looking up youtube videos? You can literally turn all that Honda sensing crap off from the infotainment system.

Well, anyway, upside is that you can sell it for about what you paid for it. Post it on the classified forum on here and I'm sure someone will buy it fairly quickly.

If you're not happy with it than it's not the car for you and it probably wants a different home as well. Just my two cents.
Lol ??? Hopefully the car runs away or someone steals it. I purposely park it on the street rather than the driveway. It definitely needs a new home. No. I’m 23. And Yes I work more than FullTime, (Water Industry is where the money’s at ?) since I’m revealing info. Sorry man. I literally have no life. I work, work & study so I can continue to work. I don’t even have the YouTube App. But I’ll definitely look into it since my life depends on it. Thanks for the change! I didn’t know y’all can sell on here but I’ll look into it

OP
OP
MAT2020

MAT2020

First Name
Marc Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Buy the 400 ktuner v1.2 or the 600 dollar one that comes with the little screen from two step or phearable and that alone will make it feel like a completely different car they give an off the shelf tune for free if you buy from them. Car will be much faster and for some depending how you drive get better gas mileage. I know you said you didn’t want to mod but 400 dollars for a way better feeling car is worth it. My buddy had the v6 charger and with the tune mine overtakes him when I’m in 3rd and 4th now
Yeah my father mentioned that to me too. $4-600 doesn’t seem bad at all to me! Modding wasn’t on my mind at all. But since a few people already mentioned it I guess I’ll look into it. Thanks for the input

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m coming from a Challenger RT. I miss that car. The attention and feeling of driving it.
I need to stop you right there, nobody cares about Challengers...or Chargers...or whatever. Both are just oversized Chrysler shitboxes.

If you enjoy the feeling you get from driving it, that's great. But don't do it for the attention. You'd be surprised how little people care about them.

Sorry you don't like the Si. They're not for everyone.
Sponsored