Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
We shared it on FB yesterday but wanted to share here as well, our fuel pump solution is all sorted and we're working on building some inventory for it! It's all entirely plug n play, uses an AEM 340LPH ethanol pump and includes everything you need to make the install as painless as possible, one of the key parts being a whole new wiring harness for the pump, no more cutting and splicing wires or depinning connectors, everything just plugs in like stock!

I'm still working on getting the install guide all written up, the existing install guides out there I found to be pretty lacking in details. Pricing will be similar to other current options too :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel pump recall fuel pum
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Install guide is up on our site! LINK

We are still waiting on some pieces to come in for building inventory but expect to see it available on the site by the end of the month! I will of course be announcing when it's available too :)

Jongavin123

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic ex-t
Country flag
I fixed it for you. :cool:
Just checking do we know for sure the 2016-2017 models don’t have the same fuel pump? My spark plugs keep going and Im wondering if it has to do with the fuel pump recall is it possible that they’re just not warranting the 2016 & 17 and I’m still going to need a fuel pump.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Only 2018-2020 Civics are part of the recall. Those are the potentially defective ones.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
And our plug n play upgrade is now available for order! At the moment we have a very limited quantity so only some orders will ship immediately, we've been waiting on filters to come in and only received a portion of what we ordered so we're still waiting on the rest to arrive. Thanks for everyone's patience with us on this!

https://www.wunderladenracing.com/c...fuel-pump-upgrade?_pos=1&_fid=2bc9cfe4d&_ss=c

disc1pline

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' sport touring hatch
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i plugged in my VIN on the honda recall website and i guess im eligible for the fuel pump recall. should i wait for the dealer to reach out to me or should i give them a call?

edit: texted my friend at the dealer and this is what he said

Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel pump recall IMG_5975

Last edited:

Powder

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 BB FL5, 20 FBO FC3 (traded), 15 ML250, 04 325xi
Country flag
2020 Civic Si - no recall here

KensBlueGenX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 1.5l MT HB Sport
Country flag
Just checking do we know for sure the 2016-2017 models don’t have the same fuel pump? My spark plugs keep going and Im wondering if it has to do with the fuel pump recall is it possible that they’re just not warranting the 2016 & 17 and I’m still going to need a fuel pump.
They have the same fuel pump type, but not all, of any model year, are considered potentially defective. Like all recalls, only the potentially affected cars have been recalled. I.e. not all of them were made bad.

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
They have the same fuel pump type, but not all, of any model year, are considered potentially defective. Like all recalls, only the potentially affected cars have been recalled. I.e. not all of them were made bad.
It's a supplier issue, likely tier 2 or 3 - that is, suppliers for suppliers. This probably came down to a set of bad injection mold tooling or a particular injection mold press producing defective impellers. Perhaps it was even a material sourcing issue wherein the incorrect polymer blend, lacking the appropriate chemical resistance, was used. This is why paperwork for traceability and chain of custody is important. Without it, "all" vehicles could be subject to the recall.

That said, I've been checking regularly, and my 2020 Si sedan is not subject to any recalls. Knock on wood.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
It's a supplier issue, likely tier 2 or 3 - that is, suppliers for suppliers. This probably came down to a set of bad injection mold tooling or a particular injection mold press producing defective impellers. Perhaps it was even a material sourcing issue wherein the incorrect polymer blend, lacking the appropriate chemical resistance, was used. This is why paperwork for traceability and chain of custody is important. Without it, "all" vehicles could be subject to the recall.

That said, I've been checking regularly, and my 2020 Si sedan is not subject to any recalls. Knock on wood.
The amount of suppliers OEMs use is dizzying, hundreds of tier 1s and thousand more tier 2 and 3. When you get into mid year supplier changes it's really easy for lines to get blurred, especially if the OEM decides not to change the part number (pretty rare nowadays but not unheard of years ago).

As an aside I always giggle a bit when people boast about "mil spec" this or that, but don't realize that the majority of military contracts are won by the lowest bidder haha.

hattedchimp

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Honda Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Country flag
Made my appointment for the recall. Will update how it goes.

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have updates on fuel pump recall?
Took mine in like a week ago and ended up wasting my time because they don't have the part.

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
My 2019 Civic EX VIN is included. Strange coincidence but my Mother in Law's 2019 Toyota Corolla had the same exact recall description for the fuel pump. Sounds like one manufacturer was used for fuel pumps.
The Toyota dealer replaced the fuel pump for free and one qualifier to get it done was that I was told to bring the car with the fuel tank LESS than 1/4 full because they have to "drop the fuel tank in order to do the replacement" I "guess" it will be the same for the Civic.
Sponsored