2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Also i share the honda recall mechanical paper with all info, symptoms and how to do the repair
The car was picked up last thursday, and today im back at dealer. Huge smell of gas inside even more when i start the car and it runs. Fuel consumption up by 0,5 Liters. Probably they didnt follow up the procedures and didnt sealed up the oring, or installed vapor tube correctly. I already tried venting the car all weekend.
Be on alert its what i sugest.
Ughhh… sorry to hear you’re experiencing these problems. I guess these are issues that people have experienced. I was very nervous getting my car back after the fuel pump replacement but thankfully there were no issues. I guess every time you have someone work on the car there’s always that issue of human error. Hope you’ll get the car back fixed. Interesting that it’s affecting your car as it’s a 2020 model. But I guess it could happen to any car actually not sure if it’s directly related to the recall or not?
Sponsored

Mario_dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic sedan 1.5 turbo 6 speed manual
Country flag
From what i investigated so far, all the pumps with rev 00, 01, and the cars with models until may/jun 2020 were all affected the same way. They are not recalling all at once due to not avaiable parts (it even says so in the paper i shared)
Human error can occur but it should be minimized, or zeroed with a double check from the head mech of the dealer and a test drive, even more so when it involves flameble / toxic gas, a difficult substituition procedure, and being not a common issue that every mechanic does like changing brake pads, oil etc...
The statements here in this forum alone should be sufficient for file in for a big compensation fee, if it went to court.
Here in europe i have no chance, but i will file in for a serious reclamation both in country and honda europe, and ask for a compensation, at the very least extended warranty.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
From what i investigated so far, all the pumps with rev 00, 01, and the cars with models until may/jun 2020 were all affected the same way. They are not recalling all at once due to not avaiable parts (it even says so in the paper i shared)
Human error can occur but it should be minimized, or zeroed with a double check from the head mech of the dealer and a test drive, even more so when it involves flameble / toxic gas, a difficult substituition procedure, and being not a common issue that every mechanic does like changing brake pads, oil etc...
The statements here in this forum alone should be sufficient for file in for a big compensation fee, if it went to court.
Here in europe i have no chance, but i will file in for a serious reclamation both in country and honda europe, and ask for a compensation, at the very least extended warranty.
Thanks for the info. Didn’t know the later years were effected.

I agree with you 100% regarding human error. I used to work at Acura as a foreman in the service dept and I did a lot of quality checLS on every car on my team. I signed off on the work of the tech. This was like 30 years ago. Don’t know if they still have this practice.

I personally do not like to bring my cars to have other people work in them. Poor work, wrong way of doing things, etc. people just don’t seem to have the care and attention to work, and I’m not being picky. I waited 3 hours for an included service for my Toyota van and the work was never done. Crazy. Other stuff too that shouldn’t happen. Not asking for the sky but basic stuff people over look. Like snow tires that have rotational tread, 3 of 4 put on in the wrong direction. But yes, anything dealing with gasoline should have warranted being doubled checked.

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Didn’t know the later years were effected.

I agree with you 100% regarding human error. I used to work at Acura as a foreman in the service dept and I did a lot of quality checLS on every car on my team. I signed off on the work of the tech. This was like 30 years ago. Don’t know if they still have this practice.

I personally do not like to bring my cars to have other people work in them. Poor work, wrong way of doing things, etc. people just don’t seem to have the care and attention to work, and I’m not being picky. I waited 3 hours for an included service for my Toyota van and the work was never done. Crazy. Other stuff too that shouldn’t happen. Not asking for the sky but basic stuff people over look. Like snow tires that have rotational tread, 3 of 4 put on in the wrong direction. But yes, anything dealing with gasoline should have warranted being doubled checked.
Unfortunately this no longer happens. Sad to see no quality check and the dealerships are rotating doors of young technicians who don’t really care for the quality of work, and dealer sees quantity over quality.

Main reason why I left a dealership
for BMW because of the crappy work coming out of there, and didn't want my name associated with that dealership.

Rare to see a shop foreman nowadays actually doing quality checks. that happens after a vehicle is a comeback and even then at times does not happen.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Unfortunately this no longer happens. Sad to see no quality check and the dealerships are rotating doors of young technicians who don’t really care for the quality of work, and dealer sees quantity over quality.

Main reason why I left a dealership
for BMW because of the crappy work coming out of there, and didn't want my name associated with that dealership.

Rare to see a shop foreman nowadays actually doing quality checks. that happens after a vehicle is a comeback and even then at times does not happen.
This is the main reason I have not gone in for the fuel pump recall. That and it is still running fine. In addition last time I took a vehicle in for recall work the shop manager/tech tried to drum up a bunch of other work the vehicle absolutely did not need. When I told him so his response was: "well we measure those differently(brake pads). Don't you trust us?" My answer: "Nope!" End of conversation. Pissed me off scammy bastiges!

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It's not that hard to do, just some patience which I know the dealers don't have, and they are timed. I've done three already including mine twice, since the Hondata pump went bad.
Sponsored