Fixed the problem please delete this

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
Fixed.. thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've written many times on this subject back in the day. I started with Hondata then switched to KTuner. In my opinion, for the 1.5T and the average user, KTuner is vastly superior.

I will give Hondata some props though. I do agree the software is faster. Beyond that though, KTuner rules.

It has so many more improved and easier to use adjustments and customer service, while not perfect, is certainly better than Hondata.

And somewhere along the line, Hondata decided to concentrate on Type R development and left the 1.5T customers feeling a little bit underwhelmed.

Last edited:

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even if Hondata worked better, which it doesn't for the 1.5t, I wouldn't support them. Hondata, Derek Stevens & Doug Macmillan are scumbags. A lot is forgotten in 15 years but when they wrongfully sued Dave Blundell and PGMFI the community told them they didn't support Hondata's position and wouldn't be buying their product. 🤑

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Even if Hondata worked better, which it doesn't for the 1.5t, I wouldn't support them. Hondata, Derek Stevens & Doug Macmillan are scumbags. A lot is forgotten in 15 years but when they wrongfully sued Dave Blundell and PGMFI the community told them they didn't support Hondata's position and wouldn't be buying their product. 🤑
I certainly remember that. I just talked to Blundell a few days ago to catch up. He's still active in the automotive world and developing some pretty cool stuff!
Many people don't make the connection, but I also created NepTune for the OBD1 platforms and contributed a lot to PGMFI.org.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hi, I have been using Ktuner for nearly two years and i have been experiencing low load part throttle knock elevation issues because I have cvt and not so high octane gasoline so I decided to switch to Hondata. Here is what I have lived through...
1- chose the basemap 6 psi with some quick modifications and hondata street traction control. I was so happy and kicked the throttle. First disappointment the car was jerking and stalling at 1500-2000 rpm nearly stopped. After trying to find what caused this with some changes and multiple flashes i have found that the traction control cause that problem.I told myself ok I can live with that.
2- removed the traction control box unchecked did some changes to the boost control and torque settings and i was good to go. İt was time to take some datalogs.and the biggest disappointment came through. İt was considerably slower because ignition timing at wot was flactuating continously mostly under zero. İ couldn't believe my eyes because it had to be positive 3-2 at when temps and k.control are under control.İ have a friend witha different ecu and his was like what it was supposed to be. So ı thought maybe this was a problem special to my ecu. ı sent an email to hondata support and after a long wait comparing to ktuner, the answer I got was " ı dont know what is wrong. Software engineer must have a look at it will be SEVERAL DAYS."
I was shocked. I had gotten used to ktuners short answers but this was way more horrible. I opened a thread in hondata forums but it is a dead place no one is interested.
3- today i decided to give last one shot and did some acceleration tests. İt was just like i had guessed they were considerably slower. So this means that it shows iginiton timings true and they are really negative.
4- thank to god i still have ktuner.I am going to switch to ktuner again and sell hondata. I am ready to live with the knock elevation issue.
5- but to give the devil her due flash pro software is far superior to ktuner. Lock and unlock, downloading datalogs were super fast. But their mobile sofware were really worse.overall it was very disappointing.
To curious minds here is my problem in short View attachment 351040
The wavy one is mine and the correct one belongs to my friend
View attachment 351041
Sorry to hear that your Hondata experiece was bad.

I used TSP for Hondata when I was using stock turbo. DRob was very supportive providing proper AFR adjustments. Not the perfect one but better than stock.

I didn't experience issues with ignition timing and no partial knock control raise either. Ignition timing between 0 & 2 but never negative. I didn't know what DRob did because the calibration was locked unfortunately.

OP
OP
kadireren

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to hear that your Hondata experiece was bad.

I used TSP for Hondata when I was using stock turbo. DRob was very supportive providing proper AFR adjustments. Not the perfect one but better than stock.

I didn't experience issues with ignition timing and no partial knock control raise either. Ignition timing between 0 & 2 but never negative. I didn't know what DRob did because the calibration was locked unfortunately.
There was no partial knock control raise even though i did maf calibrations. But I think it is because ignition timing is less than ktuner both low loads and high loads at least in my case. Aside from that it was not consistent at low loads and high loads always fluctuating even while cruising at a steady speed. I have a few friends using hondata here with no problem but their trims and chassis are different. İt is just my bad luck but when İ tried to contact hondata support I just did not see that light that they were ever going to fix it in near future.

Last edited:

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I certainly remember that. I just talked to Blundell a few days ago to catch up. He's still active in the automotive world and developing some pretty cool stuff!
Many people don't make the connection, but I also created NepTune for the OBD1 platforms and contributed a lot to PGMFI.org.
I remember that back in the Honda-tech day, was around 2003-4ish? I was racing with an FMU inline and intake pumps and check valves still and early Hondata and Neptune were the only other options. Didn't know that was you before Ktuner!

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hondata fixed the problem for the OP. @kadireren hopefully you can share your Hondata experience after the fix.

Glad to know you no longer experience partial throttle knock control raise after MAF asjustment with Hondata.

OP
OP
kadireren

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
İt seems ok for now. Flactuation ignition timing problem has been fixed and it is like what it is supposed to be. Everything is stable now and I am still trying to discover the flashpro sofware options.more importantly partial knock problem is gone

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Should leave the problem up so when other people have the same problem they can search for it...
Sponsored