Simmons572

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 RR FK8 R-37732, 96 Civic LX
Country flag
Hey all, looking for some suggestions for the best way to get a replacement bumper cover and front splitter. Was driving on some back roads this afternoon, and a deer jumped out in front of me. I swerved to miss it, and ended up losing traction and veering off the road into some thick bushes.

Honda Civic 10th gen Damaged Bumper After Near Miss with a Deer 0e57ac86-6a16-42ac-90cd-72c2b36f1ec1

Honda Civic 10th gen Damaged Bumper After Near Miss with a Deer 385e2582-888e-47a6-b4b5-901bfa84504b

The bumper is split all the way to the grill, so temporarily I have ziptied it together. However I am looking to just replace all of the damaged parts, as the plastic is all scuffed to hell.

I am considering reaching out to the Honda dealership nearby to get replacement parts, but I am willing to entertain other options. What do you all suggest?

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
There are a bunch of parts you will need. Not just the bumper cover. If you have access to Mitchell, it’s very easy to find what you will need. There are some support pieces as well as tabbed parts that probably sustained damage.

i hit a deer in the same corner. Anyway, the repair was almost five grand.

OP
OP
Simmons572

Simmons572

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1st stop: mechanic/allignment shop to see anything suspension related was damaged

2nd stop: Honda dealer parts dept. Get a quote for the parts from here as well:
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/
I did run buy an alignment shop yesterday, and he was shocked that nothing was out of line. Appears that there is no strucutral damage whatsover. I guess dodging the deer completely is what made the difference.

I plan on reaching out to the dealership tomorrow. By the time I was calmed down enough yesterday, they were already closed. So yeah, I will work on that tomorrow.

There are a bunch of parts you will need. Not just the bumper cover. If you have access to Mitchell, it’s very easy to find what you will need. There are some support pieces as well as tabbed parts that probably sustained damage.

i hit a deer in the same corner. Anyway, the repair was almost five grand.
What do you mean by Mitchell? My apologies I am not familiar with that shop/person.

And ouch, but glad you managed to get everything buttoned up.

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
What do you mean by Mitchell? My apologies I am not familiar with that shop/person.

And ouch, but glad you managed to get everything buttoned up.
Mitchell is the software used by many shops for estimates. It's got the advantage of building the parts list based on broken component selection. So if you choose the bumper cover, it adds all the parts that are likely broken as well. The estimator can remove/add as necessary.

OP
OP
Simmons572

Simmons572

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mitchell is the software used by many shops for estimates. It's got the advantage of building the parts list based on broken component selection. So if you choose the bumper cover, it adds all the parts that are likely broken as well. The estimator can remove/add as necessary.
Ah gotcha. There is a body shop pretty close to my apartment, so I will reach out to them regarding that. That's a pretty nifty tool, and makes a lot of sense.
Sponsored