Help with Wheel Damage after Dealer Service Visit!

Jklefevre01

First Name
Jim LeFevre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi everyone - hoping someone out there might be able to help me figure out what could have happened at my dealer service department to cause damage on three of my four Titan-7 wheels. Took my 2019 CTR in for the fuel pump recall service (another horror story - had a fuel leak and my fuel gauge was hosed, but that's for another time) and an oil change and ended up having my wheels damaged. Service Manager claims there is no way the damage could have occurred at his establishment (Jones Honda in Lancaster, PA). But I am the only driver of this car and I know, beyond the shadow of any doubt, that this damage did not happen while I was driving it. Hoping that someone might be able to help me figure out what could have caused this while at the service department. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Jim

Driver's Front:
Honda Civic 10th gen Help with Wheel Damage after Dealer Service Visit! Drivers Front Wheel

Passenger Front:
Honda Civic 10th gen Help with Wheel Damage after Dealer Service Visit! Pass Side Front Wheel

Passenger Rear:
Honda Civic 10th gen Help with Wheel Damage after Dealer Service Visit! Pass Side Back Wheel

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Looks to have been curbed or rubbed for sure :(

UDEL09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
After the fuel pump replacement did they drive it? As others have mentioned it looks like they were curbed. They should have grabbed your odometer reading when you got there, you can compare that to your current reading (minus the trip home) and possibly use that as supporting evidence. Sorry you have to deal with this!

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Does the dealer have an automated car wash built into their service department? For three wheels to be damaged all at once, it looks like something that can occur with automated car wash tracks that pulls cars through. Other than that, someone took it for a joyride, and curbed your wheels.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Does the dealer have an automated car wash built into their service department? For three wheels to be damaged all at once, it looks like something that can occur with automated car wash tracks that pulls cars through. Other than that, someone took it for a joyride, and curbed your wheels.
even the biggest morons couldn't do 3 wheels at once... sheesh

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
Wow that is messed up

Like others have mentioned, do you have a dash cam? Any footage you can check?

Do you have documented odometer readings? I usually like to take a shot of the odometer with my phone right before entering the dealership for my own personal records.

I know it's probably too late now but any recent photos of the car? I usually try to wash and photograph the car before I have to bring it into the dealership

I would guess that someone drove it or ran it through an automated wash to do that kind of damage to three wheels.

If nothing else, post to every single social media page you can so you can drag down the dealership's satisfaction scores.

OP
OP
Jklefevre01

Jklefevre01

First Name
Jim LeFevre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Wow that is messed up

Like others have mentioned, do you have a dash cam? Any footage you can check?

Do you have documented odometer readings? I usually like to take a shot of the odometer with my phone right before entering the dealership for my own personal records.

I know it's probably too late now but any recent photos of the car? I usually try to wash and photograph the car before I have to bring it into the dealership

I would guess that someone drove it or ran it through an automated wash to do that kind of damage to three wheels.

If nothing else, post to every single social media page you can so you can drag down the dealership's satisfaction scores.
Hi everyone - hoping someone out there might be able to help me figure out what could have happened at my dealer service department to cause damage on three of my four Titan-7 wheels. Took my 2019 CTR in for the fuel pump recall service (another horror story - had a fuel leak and my fuel gauge was hosed, but that's for another time) and an oil change and ended up having my wheels damaged. Service Manager claims there is no way the damage could have occurred at his establishment (Jones Honda in Lancaster, PA). But I am the only driver of this car and I know, beyond the shadow of any doubt, that this damage did not happen while I was driving it. Hoping that someone might be able to help me figure out what could have caused this while at the service department. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Jim

Driver's Front:
Drivers Front Wheel.jpg

Passenger Front:
Pass Side Front Wheel.jpg

Passenger Rear:
Pass Side Back Wheel.jpg

OP
OP
Jklefevre01

Jklefevre01

First Name
Jim LeFevre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet here on the repair costs - I just never thought I'd have to go to such lengths to make sure that the dealer service department wouldn't screw up my car. I'm going to file a civil complaint anyway just on principle. My guess is it's like you guys said - test drive/joyride - but proving it is another matter. Just can't envision a scenario where they messed up three of four wheels! Crazy.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet here on the repair costs - I just never thought I'd have to go to such lengths to make sure that the dealer service department wouldn't screw up my car. I'm going to file a civil complaint anyway just on principle. My guess is it's like you guys said - test drive/joyride - but proving it is another matter. Just can't envision a scenario where they messed up three of four wheels! Crazy.
I always take a few pics and do a quick walk around with the service guy before and after pickup to note any damage.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Jim, this may be a possibility as the last 2 pics you posted do have a metal on metal look to the scrape marks..

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
yea unless you have footage its all hearsay. Get a dash cam for next time and hardwire it.

jmarvzz

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
Sorry to hear that man. That's some bullshit from the dealer.

It forsure has made me realize whenever I take my car to a dealer I'll take multiple pictures of the car and make sure to tell the dealer they better not take my car through a car wash

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
doesnt the dealer do a check in inspection as well to cover their ass? What does it say?

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
The passenger side front and rear look pretty odd to me. The curb rash I’ve seen usually doesn’t cover 360 degrees. And your marks on those sides point to the hub, if the wheel was turning while against a curb the marks would have some slant to them. The driver side front looks like typical curb rash.
Sponsored