Help with Wheel Damage after Dealer Service Visit!

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
How long have you had those wheels? is it possible the tire mounting equipment did this?
Sponsored

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
i always have dealer rep look at my car before leaving it also take a photo of the tach just in case they want to joy ride the type r , most of the time ill wait for it to watch what they do

OP
OP
Jklefevre01

Jklefevre01

First Name
Jim LeFevre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks again for the info and suggestions, everyone. I've opened up a claim (small claims) and have had the wheels repaired on my own dime (for now). I;ll keep you posted on how things turn out! Will definitely adopt your recommendations in the future. For now, It's not even about the money anymore - just the principle! Started my online campaign - https://joneshondaservice.com/ http://jones-honda.com/ feel free to link and share! :)

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
dang dude, i'm no lawyer but might want to wait for litigation to wrap up.

Fred_Farkle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
This is curb rash damage. I've seen what a 4 post and a 2 post lift will do to a wheel, and they will make deep gashes into the lip. Rack damage will usually leave paint from the rack arms into the wheel as well. The recall can be done on flat ground, you don't lift the car in anyway to replace the fuel pump.

If you can FOR SURE know this wasn't you, it appears to be lot damage.

Best course of action for you:
-Review the RO paper work, as mentioned, there should be somewhere that shows a little car to mark "previous body damage" somewhere. If nothing is mentioned, you have a good case.
-No service manager is paying for new Titans for you, sorry, they would rather lose you as a customer than pay that. However, if you get a quote from a wheel repair shop to repair the wheels and bring it to him that way you have a better shot. They will eat a $300 wheel repair bill WAYYYYYY before they fork over $2k+ for wheel replacements. Tell the manager the damage wasn't there before and is not noted on the repair order. Pretty much boxes them in a corner after that.

Good luck and as mentioned, always request no car wash.
He had them do an oil change too... that would require a lift.

OP
OP
Jklefevre01

Jklefevre01

First Name
Jim LeFevre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
dang dude, i'm no lawyer but might want to wait for litigation to wrap up.
LOL yeah - we'll see if I get a cease and desist letter at some point. Glad to live in a country where we have free speech!!!!

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Don't let them downplay the damage or make you feel like you're the one being unreasonable or an inconvenience.

I would definitely ask about the car wash, as others have mentioned. Most of the time, my dealer has a couple of random low-level guys sitting around that run the cars back and forth to the shop and car wash. I always ask for "no car wash." I wouldn't trust those guys with my car under any circumstance.

I had a situation where I filed a claim against a local tire installation shop. The guy that got ahold of my car went ape with the impact on my wheels and scuffed all of them. Rotational marks on the inside of the sockets and such. It wasn't nearly as bad as your situation, but they still F'ed up, and I refused to let them lack accountability for it. The claim took months, and they tried every trick to drag it out, promise to call back- but wait days or weeks to hear, never answered the phone, pretended that they lost photos from the shop foreman of the damage, pretended to not receive damage evidence- I mean, seriously I feel like they went page by page through a playbook to avoid payment on the claim. In the end, they compensated me for the damage, but it was a PITA. They made sure to make it that way, too.

Keep asking questions, asking for the right people, and file through the proper channels. Send emails and avoid leaving details or discussions open-ended. Make sure to word messages like: "Per our conversation, blah blah blah, we discussed x, y, and z. If any of those details seem out of place, please respond and let me know." Cover yourself during any process where you are seeking restitution. That's a hefty claim to simply have to eat.
I would definitely go over the mangers. I would ask for the owner. The real issue is establishing “proof” it was them, not you. I would definitely find out if the ride was washed? I worked for a dealer, the porters always messed up wheels. I wish you luck, sorry this happened.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
thanks for that Where ive been tip..
Sponsored