ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 2014 VFR800
Country flag
Hit a deer tonight not even 500 feet after pulling out of my driveway... fck fck fck.
Probably going about 35-40 before i saw it and slammed the brakes, but pinned it dead center in the front. Bounced off and trotted away. Check out the damage.

BIG QUESTION: anyone have any body shop recommendations in the Lehigh Vally, PA area?

any tips on dealing with the shop?
Anything u should watch out for?

looks like it will need a new hood, grill, possibly bumper and surrounding plastic trim and components.

i am super nervous about letting a shop handle my car. Only 3k miles...

Honda Civic 10th gen Nailed a deer tonight.... 84AE6900-F062-4FA9-9BB3-A4E4BF22B288

Honda Civic 10th gen Nailed a deer tonight.... image

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Sorry for your loss. Good news is Looks like only bumper cover damage. Check the crash bar by opening the hood if you can.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Should have finished that deer off. At least you'd have some venison while you decide how to fix your car...
Venison links, chops, rack of deer, deer shanks, deer cheeks, deer sirloin, deer flank.
Venison sausages, venison bacon, smoked deer, deer jerky, mounted deer over the fireplace...
Sorry for your car, hurts me inside just looking at it. That tuff of hair left behind is insult to injury.

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know... the hair gets Me. The thing bounced off and sprang right up and took off. Gonna check the field in the day tomorrow for it.

Nuclearthyme

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Im in the same boat. Hit one last week doing about 55-60. Killed the deer instantly. Feels bad.

The body shop I sent it to gave me a preliminary estimate of 9k for repairs so far. Thank you insurance.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Your damage doesnt look as bad as Nuclear 's. Damn these deers they need to not be in the way of vehicles

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My girl was in the car and first thing out of her mouth was “i hope the deer is okay”

@Nuclearthyme i saw your thread and man i feel for ya. I am more worried about body shops not handling the car respectfully or the quality if matching paint if they dont source prep-painted parts by honda.

Blood_TypeR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R SGP
Country flag
Should of told her “why don’t you go out and check?” And floored it when she got out in plus r mode good luck op :flame:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Glad the damage wasn’t that bad! It’s still bad but could have been a lot worse.

Get a reputable shop and let them know you are nervous about getting it done right and worried about joy riders. Maybe talk to the owner of the shop and build a relationship with them.

As far as being worried about the shop having it, I’m sure the price of the parts is much more than your deductible but otherwise it could be something you do yourself if you could get the parts but that would be an arm and a leg unless you go through the insurance. Can’t imagine how much the hood alone would cost.

Can’t tell by the pic but does the bumper cover need replacing? I see hood and grill damage. Possible a crossmember damage? Can you open and close the hood? If you wanted to ever get an aftermarket hood and grill now is a good time for it. Just an idea...just making lemonade from lemons.

AmyChris13

First Name
Amy and Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic sport coupe
Country flag
Ahhh... the rut in PA. Almost as bad as convoy on route Irish. Condolences. I know a stellar body shop in Harrisburg, but that’s a hike for you. Ours is also MSM- and that’sa tough color match for a lot of shops believe it or not. Try to make sure they have a paint spectrometer.

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
Sue Bambi for diminished value.

Seriously though the damage in the pics is very fixable, a good shop will have that back looking perfect again. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ahhh... the rut in PA. Almost as bad as convoy on route Irish. Condolences. I know a stellar body shop in Harrisburg, but that’s a hike for you. Ours is also MSM- and that’sa tough color match for a lot of shops believe it or not. Try to make sure they have a paint spectrometer.
I am actually closer to the reading area, about an hour for Harrisburg. What is the name of the shop? I will check into the paint spectrometer. that is what I am most worried about is the paint matching. I know the new hood will need to be painted, but does the bumper or plastic trim piece between the hood and grill come painted from Honda? I know some of the plastic pieces do.

AmyChris13

First Name
Amy and Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic sport coupe
Country flag
I am actually closer to the reading area, about an hour for Harrisburg. What is the name of the shop? I will check into the paint spectrometer. that is what I am most worried about is the paint matching. I know the new hood will need to be painted, but does the bumper or plastic trim piece between the hood and grill come painted from Honda? I know some of the plastic pieces do.
It’s Global Collision on 6th street. My buddy Jay is part owner, so I’m obviously biased- but he’s an old-school Honda aficionado, and they perfectly matched our rear bumper cover. (Amy got bumped). They don’t have their own spectrometer, they had to run over to another shop they work with... but that’s something they can do. As far as the black trim pieces, I believe you’re correct in thinking they come painted from Honda, but not sure as I’ve never had to deal with it.

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Glad the damage wasn’t that bad! It’s still bad but could have been a lot worse.

Get a reputable shop and let them know you are nervous about getting it done right and worried about joy riders. Maybe talk to the owner of the shop and build a relationship with them.

As far as being worried about the shop having it, I’m sure the price of the parts is much more than your deductible but otherwise it could be something you do yourself if you could get the parts but that would be an arm and a leg unless you go through the insurance. Can’t imagine how much the hood alone would cost.

Can’t tell by the pic but does the bumper cover need replacing? I see hood and grill damage. Possible a crossmember damage? Can you open and close the hood? If you wanted to ever get an aftermarket hood and grill now is a good time for it. Just an idea...just making lemonade from lemons.
Not sure about the bumper cover. The passenger headlight MIGHT be pushed in a bit but I could just be a deformity in the plastic around it. I am going to be very up front with the shop that i only want them to take on the job if they are 100% about matching the paint and making sure they dont put a scratch on it anywhere else.

as for the hood, it does not close. I haven't tried jumping on it but with a fair amount of force it wont latch. It will catch the "catch" but wont lock into the seated position.

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s Global Collision on 6th street. My buddy Jay is part owner, so I’m obviously biased- but he’s an old-school Honda aficionado, and they perfectly matched our rear bumper cover. (Amy got bumped). They don’t have their own spectrometer, they had to run over to another shop they work with... but that’s something they can do.
thanks i will keep them in mind!
Sponsored