First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 2014 VFR800
Country flag
UPDATE:
Initial estimate by insurance without disassembly of front end war for about $1500 and set to include repair of hood (not replace, which i was not thrilled about), grille and bumper replacement.

Got another update today after it was dismantled and the total is not at approx. $5600 damage and includes replacement of the following: hood, grille, Honda emblem, Type-R emblem, passenger headlight, full bumper, hood hinges and latch, radiator, AC compressor and some clips and mounting brackets for the bumper area.

That is the estimate/cost from the body shop, Insurance rep will be out tomorrow to hopefully give the A-OK.

I requested the emblems to keep and he said it shouldn't be an issue after they are shown to the adjuster and confirmed to need replacement.

Conveniently the Service Advisor equivalent who is my point of contact also has an R, apparently pretty well over 400 WHP. If your reading this please take care of me.
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I'm glad that they are replacing those parts.

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm glad that they are replacing those parts.
don't know if it's possible or if your not into aftermarket ... but I would try at least to upgrade radiator to aftermarket (C&R).

I'm glad they are replacing them too. initially they said they were going to repair the hood, and i told them i was not a fan of that and would much rather get a new one. I did not want nay kind of aluminum or body filler to be used or visibility of repairfrom the underside. Turns out the D ring that connects to the latch was slightly damaged warranting a whole new hood.

As far as aftermarket radiator Etc..., since its an insurance covered repair I dont think that would work, unless I purchased an aftermarket unit myself and received it within the next week and asked them to install it instead while the car was apart lol.

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im in the same boat. Hit one last week doing about 55-60. Killed the deer instantly. Feels bad.

The body shop I sent it to gave me a preliminary estimate of 9k for repairs so far. Thank you insurance.
Seeing your damage vs mine I'm surprised at the numbers. 5.6k for what looks like a dent and scratch on my car and 9k for the carnage on your front end lol

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
OP & others... I feel you pain. I hit one last night, right at dusk. I was probably doing 35-40 when I saw it flash in from the left, I stomped on the brakes and punted his hind quarters. No idea what happened to him, he ran into the woods. I'd think he at least has a broken leg.
My damage - Grill, hood, radiator is gouged, but no leaks.
On the bright side, last week I "dreamed" that I did a little curb rash on my right front wheel. But last night I "remembered" that I did it when I was trying to avoid the deer. ;)

My biggest concern today is parts availability. Have any of you guys heard from your respective body shops about difficulty getting parts?

O yeah, the best part... '20 with 2335 miles. :(

Honda Civic 10th gen Nailed a deer tonight.... deer

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP & others... I feel you pain. I hit one last night, right at dusk. I was probably doing 35-40 when I saw it flash in from the left, I stomped on the brakes and punted his hind quarters. No idea what happened to him, he ran into the woods. I'd think he at least has a broken leg.
On the bright side, last week I "dreamed" that I did a little curb rash on my right front wheel. But last night I "remembered" that I did it when I was trying to avoid the deer. ;)

My biggest concern today is parts availability. Have any of you guys heard from your respective body shops about difficulty getting parts?

deer.jpg
Your damage looks pretty similar to mine. I just got an update on parts yesterday, all parts were on a five day delivery schedule with the exception of the bumper which was unable to be located in the US and they had to get directly from the England plant, they said hopefully 1 to 2 weeks at most for the bumper but couldn’t give an accurate timeframe because they weren’t provided one. Everything else was available.

3k miles on mine too...

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Glad they are replacing the hood. Was wondering how it would come out if it was attempted to be repaired.

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was worried about a hood repair too. They basically said they only repair aluminum hoods if it’s minor damage beneath a certain set of specifications, and I Tried to be as clear as I could that if there is anything questionable about the repairability of it that I want a whole new hood all together. I guess in the end the D ring that secures the latch on the front of the hood was slightly damaged which warranted a whole new unit.

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
I had my repair estimate today. Replace hood, grill, A/C condenser. $3100. They didn’t open the hood but if the headlight is broken add $1k. Scheduled repairs to begin Dec 7

Fern's2020FK8

First Name
Fern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Hit a deer tonight not even 500 feet after pulling out of my driveway... fck fck fck.
Probably going about 35-40 before i saw it and slammed the brakes, but pinned it dead center in the front. Bounced off and trotted away. Check out the damage.

BIG QUESTION: anyone have any body shop recommendations in the Lehigh Vally, PA area?

any tips on dealing with the shop?
Anything u should watch out for?

looks like it will need a new hood, grill, possibly bumper and surrounding plastic trim and components.

i am super nervous about letting a shop handle my car. Only 3k miles...

84AE6900-F062-4FA9-9BB3-A4E4BF22B288.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Fucccckkkkkk! Sorry man...I suggest trying to purchase these parts then taking them to your choice of body shop...maybe it comes out cheaper? As for hood...maybe time to upgrade to a carbon fiber one? Fuck man I'm sorry....update once fixed

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Yeah, these sort of things add up fast. In my Golf R, what seemed like minor cosmetic damage on the front end ended up escalating to well over $3000 as they dug into it.

As for Bambi and friends, the other day I was leaving my house on my dirt road and going maybe 20-25. Out of the corner of my eye, from the right, I saw movement, and slowed even further. An eight point buck (sort of unusual, usually it's just does) and a big doe were like RIGHT THERE. The buck bounded across the road in front of me, the doe I think went behind me. Big suckers; definitely glad we didn't meet, for both our sakes.

Of course, the area I live is crawling with deer and other things. It's the sort of place that during hunting seasons (bow, muzzle loader, rifle, hell, maybe there's a slingshot season too) you see all sorts of camo-wearing sorts pulling off the side of the road and strolling into the woods armed for...well, not bear, but deer. Not a place to go woods wandering this time of year!

OP
OP
ScubaLou

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Of course, the area I live is crawling with deer and other things. It's the sort of place that during hunting seasons (bow, muzzle loader, rifle, hell, maybe there's a slingshot season too) you see all sorts of camo-wearing sorts pulling off the side of the road and strolling into the woods armed for...well, not bear, but deer. Not a place to go woods wandering this time of year!
Same here. Pennsylvania has more deer than smart people I think sometimes, we are no. 3 for deer collisions haha.

As for an update, it has been in the shop for nearly a month and apparently they are still waiting on a bumper, initially i was told 10-15 days however this Tuesday i was told it was backordered so they don't have a real time frame but hopefully soon. Apparently Honda is having product shortages and issues with parts at the Swindon plant currently.

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
Any of you guys have any updates for repair status? Are you fixed, are they waiting on parts?

My update - I dropped my car off on Dec 7, and they were supposedly on set to get it repaired. As I stated before, they didn't open the hood when they had it for initial estimate, for fear that they wouldn't get it closed again. After I dropped it off, a couple of days later I got a revised estimate for $7600. Original estimate was $3150 o_O You can see from my picture above... it just doesn't look that bad. At least not $7600 bad!

As it turns out the headlight housing was cracked, along with the radiator mounting brackets were bent, various and sundry pieces under the hood that needed replaced ... and there you go. Nothing structural, so basically its just removing the parts that were knocked out of alignment and bolting back in the new parts.

They've been promising to have it by the 24th, but as of yesterday, still waiting on 2 pieces. If they arrive by today, should be good, if not.... I'm just stuck until they do.

willmadeit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB FK8
Country flag

About three weeks ago, my wheels got jacked (had wheel locks but all that doesn't do a whole lot) and they left the car sitting on yellow milk cartons. Front end of the car was sitting on the ground. Took it to the collision shop that day.... they just received the OEM wheels yesterday. They haven't even been able to drive it over to lift to see what else might have been damaged. Seems like things are backordered right now so I don't expect to get my car back until after Christmas/New Year. Only had the car for three weeks :(

Also shops estimate for just the wheels and tires..... 7200 dollars $$$. Thank god for comprehensive insurance.
Sponsored