GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Congrats to everyone who got theirs for MSRP over the week! More calls later and I still can't find one for a good deal ? Willing to do 2k over too, but can't even find that. Someone share their luck
Look for dealers in the less populated areas in northern, northern CA. I did pretty well with Yreka Honda, and they had someone drive the car down to the SF Bay Area.
Sponsored

jimmehz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 CX-9
Country flag
Gonna keep trying since I love the car but I have a feeling I won't get a good deal for awhile. Anyone know if they're doing 1 more batch of Type-Rs or are these the last ones? Also, does anyone know how often https://stevenmatchett.github.io/civic-ui/ updates? A lot of the cars that are shown as at dealer or in transit have been already sold :(

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I'd wait for the next Gen Type -R. Save and be patient.....

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
has there been any info on the '22 CTR design / sale date?
There has not, there may not even be a 2022 CTR, it might end up being a 2023 model year release. At this point, the only thing that is confirmed is there will be an 11th generation CTR, but no indication of timing or year of release.

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag

migm_92@

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FA5
Country flag
I am currently talking to a dealership that's willing to sell a sonic gray type r for msrp plus accessories. Only thing is that they won't go down from $1650 in accessories. I told them I didn't need all their accessories, since some of them are useless to me, like window tint and wheel locks since I'm planning on Tinting the vehicle my style and what not.

One thing I also noticed when I got the "quote" was that their accessory pricing was not the same as the copy of the Type R accessories I received from them. Their all weather package was $550 in the quote, but $441 on their dealer accessory sheet, and yes that's the price for it installed. what should I do?

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I am currently talking to a dealership that's willing to sell a sonic gray type r for msrp plus accessories. Only thing is that they won't go down from $1650 in accessories. I told them I didn't need all their accessories, since some of them are useless to me, like window tint and wheel locks since I'm planning on Tinting the vehicle my style and what not.

One thing I also noticed when I got the "quote" was that their accessory pricing was not the same as the copy of the Type R accessories I received from them. Their all weather package was $550 in the quote, but $441 on their dealer accessory sheet, and yes that's the price for it installed. what should I do?
At $1600 over MSRP, you’re pretty damn close to a great deal (which is straight MSRP), so I’d be careful at pushing them on how the numbers breakdown as long as you really are getting the sale price of MSRP + accessories.

Personally, I would be happy the car already has tint installed just to have that over with (unless you prefer no tint at all). Tint shops IMO are a PITA to deal with, generally speaking. They’re typically sloppy and lazy, that’s been my experience.

As for other accessories, wheel locks are nice to have but you can re-sell easily if you don’t want them. You’ll want to make sure you get at least the Type R trunk tray and the blacked out wheel nuts, they just look better with the gloss black OE wheels.

If you’re looking for the most value, the carbon fiber accessories re sell really well, as well as the CTR spare tire kit. If you can land either of those accessories for the $1600 mark up, you’re coming out ahead IMO (in addition to window tint).

Good luck. I wouldn’t let the deal go given what the used CTR market looks like (2017s with 20k miles are selling for way more than your current offer).

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Take it! Thats not bad at all! Not likely to get a better offer and if so will be a stretch.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag

So maybe this will help you put it into perspective. I called 65+ dealers until I was able to secure one for $1k over MSRP with no accessories and was about 4.5 hrs away. I was happy with this deal since I made money on my Si.

Now for you, let’s say you got it down to $1,000 over with no accessories. You’d only be merely paying another $600 for all those added accessories. I think it may be worth it taking it for $1,600, especially at this point with most dealers pushing well over $50k and inventory trickling down. Production has stopped.

Good luck man! I love my SGP.

migm_92@

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FA5
Country flag
Thank you guys for the fast response! I think I am going to go ahead and do the deal with them. I filled out the Accessory sheet and sent it back to them so hopefully I can put the deposit down tonight or tomorrow morning! I checked off the following, so please let me know if you think I did good! lol. I know I have some stuff like the type r floor mat and the all weather floor mats, but my plan is to sell some of the stuff to make at least some money back lol.

Attachments

migm_92@

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FA5
Country flag
So maybe this will help you put it into perspective. I called 65+ dealers until I was able to secure one for $1k over MSRP with no accessories and was about 4.5 hrs away. I was happy with this deal since I made money on my Si.

Now for you, let’s say you got it down to $1,000 over with no accessories. You’d only be merely paying another $600 for all those added accessories. I think it may be worth it taking it for $1,600, especially at this point with most dealers pushing well over $50k and inventory trickling down. Production has stopped.

Good luck man! I love my SGP.
You're most definitely right about that. I didn't think about the production being stopped for this generation Type R so that really makes me feel a whole lot better lol. And who honestly knows how the used car market will remain for the next couple years after the 11th gen. I personally like this generation a lot more if the information and spy shots will be similar to what has been said.

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're most definitely right about that. I didn't think about the production being stopped for this generation Type R so that really makes me feel a whole lot better lol. And who honestly knows how the used car market will remain for the next couple years after the 11th gen. I personally like this generation a lot more if the information and spy shots will be similar to what has been said.
Same did $1500 over msrp. Got a car cover. Lol. I need a trunk tray. Bought all weather mats, locking lug nuts, and more. Haha. Keep the stuff. Send me trunk tray. I wanted championship white too! Second choice sonic gray. You better hope they didn’t sell while you decided. :lol::drive:
Sponsored