CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

SSchmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman R, E30 M3
Country flag
Well, that's CA for you.

Rumor is that MSRP will be about $40k, but that's not been confirmed near as I can tell.

There are dealers in CO sitting on cars more than 3 months asking $5k to $10k over. Dealer in AZ sitting on Type R for 6 months. I think they are going to be anxious to move these otherwise they can sell them to CA dealers if the market is still hot there.
Sponsored

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
Well, that's CA for you.

Rumor is that MSRP will be about $40k, but that's not been confirmed near as I can tell.

There are dealers in CO sitting on cars more than 3 months asking $5k to $10k over. Dealer in AZ sitting on Type R for 6 months. I think they are going to be anxious to move these otherwise they can sell them to CA dealers if the market is still hot there.
Well yeah but TilleR is requesting info for a 2020 Civic Type R at MSRP. Chances are at least during the initial 2020 rollout, the 2020s will have a markup and the 2019s will have more wiggle room as far as negotiating...

The place that I bought my FK8 still had the sticker at +15k over MSRP. And they are bone stock..no wheel locks.. no alarms, etc.

CA dealerships have their head in the clouds. A bunch of the dealerships are still trying to get 1k over MSRP or something like that. They are so used to people coming in and buying at their ridiculous ADM. So spoiled! :p

Last edited:

SSchmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman R, E30 M3
Country flag
I'm on the list for a 2020 at MSRP at two dealerships. None of which are anywhere near CA. No markups, no accessories.

Y'all in CA are in a different world when it comes to pricing. Love the CTR, but at $52k, I can think of 10 other cars I'd buy instead of a Honda.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
I'm on the list for a 2020 at MSRP at two dealerships. None of which are anywhere near CA. No markups, no accessories.

Y'all in CA are in a different world when it comes to pricing. Love the CTR, but at $52k, I can think of 10 other cars I'd buy instead of a Honda.
This is what happened to me, a few years ago. I had gone by the dealer to check out a CW CTR they had on the showroom floor, the car was not only locked, the ADM was $51,590. I gave the sales lady my number, and I said call me when you’re willing to negotiate. She tells me I’m not going to find a better deal, anywhere. I said, not true. I can go next door, and get a C7 Corvette for that price. She laughed, I laughed, and I walked out. She called me a few weeks later, and I was just leaving the dealer, next door where I had stopped in to get some due bill stuff done, and I went over there in the C7. She was standing out front when I pulled up. Then she was mad at me for not giving her a chance to negotiate. I said, “you let me walk out like I just came to kick a tire, and leave, that’s not my fault. I was here to negotiate, you let me walk out, after trying to show me an Accord.”

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
Yup.. I heard that one too. But I ended up getting my color and the car MSRP. I think I've been getting emails and texts from multiple dealers for the past few days. I'm guessing that they're realizing that it's not quite as easy to sell Type Rs at even 1k above MSRP especially now that most buyers coming to the dealerships are looking for MSRP at the highest.

edit: Got a call from one dealership that tried to convince me that SGP has a minimum 3k ADP. I texted him a photo of mine and said.. "like this one?" Douchebagy.. I know.. but oh it felt so good.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
Two dealerships - Middletown Honda, Middletown, NY and Sussex Honda, Sussex, NJ. Both had markups over MSRP ($1k for Middletown, $5k for Sussex) - Both waived the markup to get my business. Ended up buying my 2019 yesterday at Middletown Honda for MSRP because I liked the crystal black pearl more than the sonic gray. Sussex may still have both sonic grays in stock, just complain about the markup. They're likely eager to get them off the lot.

JaredSHH

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Country flag
Hey everyone. Still trying to find my new 2019 rallye red CTR a home. I will sell it for $35,700 + tax, title, and plate fees. No add ons or anything. If anyone is interested or has any questions, my contact info is posted below.

Jared
Sales Manager
South Hills Honda (about 20 minutes south of Pittsburgh, PA)
724-941-9100
[email protected]

fk8wah

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Hey everyone. Still trying to find my new 2019 rallye red CTR a home. I will sell it for $35,700 + tax, title, and plate fees. No add ons or anything. If anyone is interested or has any questions, my contact info is posted below.

Jared
Sales Manager
South Hills Honda (about 20 minutes south of Pittsburgh, PA)
724-941-9100
[email protected]
Emailed you. I'll call in the morning.

CTR_Mike_FK8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
TX - San Antonio
Fernandez Honda ! MSRP 2019 CTR

happen to get here last month to grab their last 2019 model for MSRP including Wheel locks,
traded out of my 4Runner but was great cause 2 other dealers were doing 5-10k above sticker

TX- San Antonio
Gillman honda 5k above sticker
Northside honda 10k above sticker
Gunn honda not available but heard they were doing sticker last month after doing 5k markup

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Valley Honda - Pittsburgh, PA - 2 white CTR's available at invoice
Honda of Mentor - Mentor, OH - white CTR available at invoice
Washington Honda - Pittsburgh, PA - white CTR available at invoice

Don't sell yourself short, 2019's need to be gone for the 2020's arrival. Dealers can't get rid of them. 543 available, new, on Autotrader alone. Numerous others I've seen as well. Do your due diligence.

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
is CW not as popular as it once was? Or are there just a lot of them?
I only referenced cw ones because that's all I was shopping for. 2019 CTRs in general are everywhere.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is CW not as popular as it once was? Or are there just a lot of them?
Honda probably produced more CW (due to popularity) and they're sitting because it's just harder to sell any performance car with summer tires in places with snow during the winter. Which is also the best time (Nov - March) to buy (not sell) a car.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I only referenced cw ones because that's all I was shopping for. 2019 CTRs in general are everywhere.
Everywhere and dealers can’t get rid of them seems a bit of hyperbole. 500+ on autotrader? Aren’t there over 500 Honda dealers in the us?

What did you end up buying?
Sponsored