Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Between the extreme measures of isolation China took that Americans simply would not have accepted and the very real possibility their numbers are inaccurate to save face
Actually, these measures China took were not so wise, sometimes cruelly extreme, sometimes stupidly lax. They allowed a huge New Year dinner for the crowds in the city of Wuhan and then they allowed several million people to leave the city and go all over the world and all over China. This spread the disease all over the world, but magically and miraculously did not spread it all over China. :hmm: Yes, their numbers must be indeed "highly inaccurate."
Sponsored

OP
OP
FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Well... looking at the numbers... we typically have 7500 death/day in the US. Looks like we're around 700 deaths from COVID-19 for the day... so we're on your way to having raised our national death rate by about 10%... if you assume that the people dying from COVID-19 weren't planning on dying today.

Over 10% surges in new cases and nearly 20% in deaths compared to the previous day... we're getting beat up and it's really just starting to pick up. I fear it's going to be a tough stretch of weeks ahead because there's probably untold 100,000s/millions that are carriers w/o any symptoms yet... may may never have any. Just hope they're staying at home.
Yeah, it's not looking good. It worries me a bit. Brings up a couple questions. Would a submarine stowaway force them to surface or would they just keep them prisoner for 6-months? How big is your biggest suitcase?

OP
OP
FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually, these measures China took were not so wise, sometimes cruelly extreme, sometimes stupidly lax. They allowed a huge New Year dinner for the crowds in the city of Wuhan and then they allowed several million people to leave the city and go all over the world and all over China. This spread the disease all over the world, but magically and miraculously did not spread it all over China. :hmm: Yes, their numbers must be indeed "highly inaccurate."

OP
OP
FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have some real concerns about those down south (those of you living in the US).

The death toll in the US is superseding those of Italy, which, until now had the highest number of deaths.

Please look after yourselves and your families. As I predicted - and before the experts began reporting - just based on the rapid expansion of cases the US, it has risen to numbers far beyond China. The numbers are frightening, considering they are so much higher than any other country - even those who have poor food sources and poor health.

This is not the time to be messing around. The SARS-COV-2 virus is ravaging the United States and only its citizens can reduce the spread. Ironically, with all the emergency funding and rulesets provided, no government, no matter who is making the best or worst decisions is going to make any difference on a national scale because the people will continue to do as they please. We have the same issues in Canada with people breaking quarantine and attending large gatherings.

The greater the spread, the greater the consequences. Only you - the people - can make the difference. Please stay home whenever possible, regardless of whether or not you feel ill.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Should be stabilizing/going down in cases now....If people just stay at home. We could contain this...

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have some real concerns about those down south (those of you living in the US).

The death toll in the US is superseding those of Italy, which, until now had the highest number of deaths.

Please look after yourselves and your families. As I predicted - and before the experts began reporting - just based on the rapid expansion of cases the US, it has risen to numbers far beyond China. The numbers are frightening, considering they are so much higher than any other country - even those who have poor food sources and poor health.

This is not the time to be messing around. The SARS-COV-2 virus is ravaging the United States and only its citizens can reduce the spread. Ironically, with all the emergency funding and rulesets provided, no government, no matter who is making the best or worst decisions is going to make any difference on a national scale because the people will continue to do as they please. We have the same issues in Canada with people breaking quarantine and attending large gatherings.

The greater the spread, the greater the consequences. Only you - the people - can make the difference. Please stay home whenever possible, regardless of whether or not you feel ill.
We're getting banged up pretty good. There's calls for the final death projection to be lower than earlier projections... but it's still not good. We're at nearly a 1/2 million cases with less than 3 million... or 1% of our population tested. We're flattening the logarithmic scales thank god... but still holding pretty much straight lines on the linear ones... so cases/death rates aren't getting much worse... but they're also not getting much better. I have all the other CPOs and few 1st classes out of the office teleworking and am the only guy here running things in a group of us that's typically a half dozen. I had symptoms and quarantined for 2 weeks before I came back and am trying to run as much stuff as I can via phone or computer and having to wear a mask anywhere else I go. It's... well... no fun. In case I didn't get the real deal or something else knocks me down, at least I have a group that can relieve me and maintain the essential support side of the house. Fingers crossed I actually got the thing and am immune for awhile. They weren't testing when I was down to say one way or the other.

OP
OP
FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We're getting banged up pretty good. There's calls for the final death projection to be lower than earlier projections... but it's still not good. We're at nearly a 1/2 million cases with less than 3 million... or 1% of our population tested. We're flattening the logarithmic scales thank god... but still holding pretty much straight lines on the linear ones... so cases/death rates aren't getting much worse... but they're also not getting much better. I have all the other CPOs and few 1st classes out of the office teleworking and am the only guy here running things in a group of us that's typically a half dozen. I had symptoms and quarantined for 2 weeks before I came back and am trying to run as much stuff as I can via phone or computer and having to wear a mask anywhere else I go. It's... well... no fun. In case I didn't get the real deal or something else knocks me down, at least I have a group that can relieve me and maintain the essential support side of the house. Fingers crossed I actually got the thing and am immune for awhile. They weren't testing when I was down to say one way or the other.
Sorry for the late reply - work has been crazy.

Yes, it's starting to flatten out. I just hope people don't overlook resurgence and start taking it for granted. If we're not careful, we may ultimately see those higher numbers. It's easy to become complacent once you get used to it. We all must remain diligent.

Thank you for self-quarantining and doing your part, as well as the workload you're taking on. Many of us are taking on a workload far larger than normal, even when we're busy. It has not been easy.

I give a lot of respect for the rest of your family and my family as well for backing us up. I couldn't even get near the store to buy shower gel. lol. My sister has been taking on the extra task of getting that when she's shopping for her and her family. My parents have been a big help as well, getting my groceries lately because I don't have time to stand in line when I'm off duty.

It's been extremely difficult to get enough sleep as it is and prevent from driving under par. I've been hauling a lot of multi-combinations due to the workload and they're 130,000 lbs. You definitely can't fall asleep behind the wheel. haha.

I've been working "non-stop" for the last 10-days and just finally got a worth sleep last night and this afternoon before switching off to nights.

I sincerely hope in a way you did get it already, but with new strains showing up every 2-weeks, I believe it has been said, and people getting reinfected. We just have to keep on it and hope for the best.
Sponsored