OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What did you learn that would help me out on saturday? I'm going to take off the top heat shield and soak with pb blaster the night before, maybe pull the bottom shield off just to make less work Sunday. Need to be super careful with turbo studs but if you soak good and make sure you are parallel to the stud from what I read it's not toooo bad.

240's are great! They look better than an early 2000's civic imo. Same thing with miatas man you can slap some visual stuff on there to complete it.. I feel like no matter how much you mod one of the earlier gen civics like 7th and 8th they just don't look good. Unless I get lucky and find a hatch but they are few and far between.

I agree man I like being able to go out and do stuff on the shop floor. Tear areas apart and put them back together better than before.

LOL perfect man so you know what's good. Dom is the man. I got the Biami, ASSEATER, OnlyFriends, and the plain black with a little white logo. Comfiest and best fitting cutoffs ever! And hilarious.

It's a damn shame he doesn't really do much anymore. The Bros Vs. channel is pretty funny too, just him pissing off Bradley Martyn :rofl:

Yeah everybody all of a sudden be about eatin ass... It's now a "thing". That used to be something you get made fun of, now you get made fun of if you DONT eat ass lol!
I had my buddy whos done it before walk me through most of it, but make sure that the engine is cool because if you have to drive it to a garage or someones house you're going to have to wait a bit for the engine to cool. Soaking with pb blaster is a must as well, the oem bolts kinda get welded on because of all the heat so it was a bitch to take off, cut my hands a few times. Other than that just take it slow and make sure to not drop tools in the engine bay like I did!

Yeah agreed with that, I just mainly want to get a rwd cheap car so I can also slide it a bit - also I just want a rwd driving experience.

and yeah man I used to smoke and watch him and die everytime LOL haven't seen anything recent, didn't know he stopped making vids. Live fast eat ass till I die
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had my buddy whos done it before walk me through most of it, but make sure that the engine is cool because if you have to drive it to a garage or someones house you're going to have to wait a bit for the engine to cool. Soaking with pb blaster is a must as well, the oem bolts kinda get welded on because of all the heat so it was a bitch to take off, cut my hands a few times. Other than that just take it slow and make sure to not drop tools in the engine bay like I did!

Yeah agreed with that, I just mainly want to get a rwd cheap car so I can also slide it a bit - also I just want a rwd driving experience.

and yeah man I used to smoke and watch him and die everytime LOL haven't seen anything recent, didn't know he stopped making vids. Live fast eat ass till I die
Ok thank you for the pointers my man. I'm hoping it goes smooth so I can get my HRS tail lights and sequential LED bumper reflectors installed as well :hmm:

There's a miata for slae outside this house on one of the country roads I take for work... I think I will stop and look today. I reeaaallly want to learn how to properly drift so I'd take a Miata project over a civic hatch project for the first one.

Lmaoo sounds about right man. I used to burn with my buddy and watch that right before we would go lift... It was a great ritual. But yes I'm not sure what he does now... I think he's kinda just chillin. A video once a month or so is all we get. Even from Bros Vs. it's only a bit more frequently. Thankfully I don't have the time to keep up so it doesn't bother me!

Today is going to be a forum filled day... Most of my plant took the day off (including the boss, in-house PTO woo!) to make a 4 day weekend since we are off Monday. Time to spend way too much time looking at things I shouldn't buy and learning things I don't really need to know.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok thank you for the pointers my man. I'm hoping it goes smooth so I can get my HRS tail lights and sequential LED bumper reflectors installed as well :hmm:

There's a miata for slae outside this house on one of the country roads I take for work... I think I will stop and look today. I reeaaallly want to learn how to properly drift so I'd take a Miata project over a civic hatch project for the first one.

Lmaoo sounds about right man. I used to burn with my buddy and watch that right before we would go lift... It was a great ritual. But yes I'm not sure what he does now... I think he's kinda just chillin. A video once a month or so is all we get. Even from Bros Vs. it's only a bit more frequently. Thankfully I don't have the time to keep up so it doesn't bother me!

Today is going to be a forum filled day... Most of my plant took the day off (including the boss, in-house PTO woo!) to make a 4 day weekend since we are off Monday. Time to spend way too much time looking at things I shouldn't buy and learning things I don't really need to know.
Morning rise and grind, got into work at 8 and brought up civicx like usual and saw u just responded hahaha

But yeah bro likewise I want to learn drifting. My buddy who drifts say the miata isn't the easiest to drift because it's a bit harder to control when compared to 240's and larger cars but it's also a very cheap car to get drift ready, only need a couple modifications and will be able to throw it sideways even without that much power. Can pick up a solid running and clean miata for 5-6k nowadays which isn't bad, I foresee it getting more expensive in the future.

I miss the college days sometimes.. smoked everyday and had zero responsibilities aside from class.. but I do like making money now so it balances out :headbang:

Probably going to be a forum filled day for me too, I have my usual reports I have to do at the end of the week and gotta work on a little project but Friday's are generally very easy for me, which honestly kind of sucks because time goes that much slower once the afternoon hits because I'm excited for the weekend :spaz:

follow me on the gram homie @fishscale10th

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Morning rise and grind, got into work at 8 and brought up civicx like usual and saw u just responded hahaha

But yeah bro likewise I want to learn drifting. My buddy who drifts say the miata isn't the easiest to drift because it's a bit harder to control when compared to 240's and larger cars but it's also a very cheap car to get drift ready, only need a couple modifications and will be able to throw it sideways even without that much power. Can pick up a solid running and clean miata for 5-6k nowadays which isn't bad, I foresee it getting more expensive in the future.

I miss the college days sometimes.. smoked everyday and had zero responsibilities aside from class.. but I do like making money now so it balances out :headbang:

Probably going to be a forum filled day for me too, I have my usual reports I have to do at the end of the week and gotta work on a little project but Friday's are generally very easy for me, which honestly kind of sucks because time goes that much slower once the afternoon hits because I'm excited for the weekend :spaz:

follow me on the gram homie @fishscale10th
Yessirrr its good one too :cool: I legit have more time for the forum at work than outside of work so I just waited til this morning to reply, especially knowing what kind of day today would be...

Interesting point on the larger cars being easier to control. I would think it would be easier to control a lighter car as long as you have the power to push it where you want it to go. I am imagining this one will be around that price as it looks pretty clean. It's out in the sticks upstate NY though so it might also only be a few $k... if so might have to start moving on that lol. I need a second car anyways man I bought mine brand new 1 year ago from the end of august and I am about to roll over 36k!

I feel you BIG time. I would actually rather be working but we are in a very weird spot where orders have been insane and we are behind by a LOT. So we have to stay out of production and let them catch up...

I'm already dying for the weekend. That downpipe should get me the sound I want from my Greddy SP. And the tails and reflector LED's have been a long time coming. Then just need to wrap the roof and hatch, swap the roof spoiler for vortex fins, and get some new canards as one just disappeared off my car one day... They were only like $7 on amazon so nbd. Still going to go with some cheap ones until I've had the car a while and feel comfortable drilling into the side of the bumper there :oops:

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yessirrr its good one too :cool: I legit have more time for the forum at work than outside of work so I just waited til this morning to reply, especially knowing what kind of day today would be...

Interesting point on the larger cars being easier to control. I would think it would be easier to control a lighter car as long as you have the power to push it where you want it to go. I am imagining this one will be around that price as it looks pretty clean. It's out in the sticks upstate NY though so it might also only be a few $k... if so might have to start moving on that lol. I need a second car anyways man I bought mine brand new 1 year ago from the end of august and I am about to roll over 36k!

I feel you BIG time. I would actually rather be working but we are in a very weird spot where orders have been insane and we are behind by a LOT. So we have to stay out of production and let them catch up...

I'm already dying for the weekend. That downpipe should get me the sound I want from my Greddy SP. And the tails and reflector LED's have been a long time coming. Then just need to wrap the roof and hatch, swap the roof spoiler for vortex fins, and get some new canards as one just disappeared off my car one day... They were only like $7 on amazon so nbd. Still going to go with some cheap ones until I've had the car a while and feel comfortable drilling into the side of the bumper there :oops:
Ay we are the same haha I mostly spend my time at civicx when I'm at work, usually spend my time at home straight relaxing, past few weeks I've been playing Red dead redemption 2 pretty religiously

But yeah that's what I thought too, from what I remember he said that the miata is more prone to losing control mid drift, it's less forgiving when compared to other cars so you have to be a lot more in control and know the limits of the car.

Yeah man downpipes really open up the sound a lot and get you them pops and crackles. It's like a puzzle trying to get that sound you want lol, currently running Type R Exhaust with 2 mufflers deleted and paired with Catless DP and finally achieved the sound I wanted.

Sounds like you got a nice working weekend in for your car, we're going to get some good weather for the next week that's not too hot so perfect for getting things done. Canards would do well on your car I saw your IG and had no idea you had the big wang, you gonna be hella aggressive bro zoomzoom break ya neck brrrrr

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ay we are the same haha I mostly spend my time at civicx when I'm at work, usually spend my time at home straight relaxing, past few weeks I've been playing Red dead redemption 2 pretty religiously

But yeah that's what I thought too, from what I remember he said that the miata is more prone to losing control mid drift, it's less forgiving when compared to other cars so you have to be a lot more in control and know the limits of the car.

Yeah man downpipes really open up the sound a lot and get you them pops and crackles. It's like a puzzle trying to get that sound you want lol, currently running Type R Exhaust with 2 mufflers deleted and paired with Catless DP and finally achieved the sound I wanted.

Sounds like you got a nice working weekend in for your car, we're going to get some good weather for the next week that's not too hot so perfect for getting things done. Canards would do well on your car I saw your IG and had no idea you had the big wang, you gonna be hella aggressive bro zoomzoom break ya neck brrrrr

That's funny man, yeah I spend way more time on the forum at work. It's pretty bad some days - way too much time on here then nothing until the next morning. Honestly I have a system - I first open both classified sections, then the general 10th gen discussions, then the "What's New" tab that shows you everything that's been updated and see what's interesting.

I trust that your buddy is being honest, so maybe I will do a bit of reconsidering. The other side of it is... If I learn to drift a miata like a pro, how good will I be in an "easier" car to drift? Probably pretty good haha. Either way I need a beater and want to get into learning enough to do engine swaps, add turbos, etc and that is a perfect car for that. And the miata on my way to and from work is a 1995, 5-speed with 150k miles for 2700. Definitely not a bad price as long as it's not rusted out - I didn't have time to get out and walk around the car.

My ultimate project car is a '94 RX-7 FD3S. I want to do a wild build, probably 3 rotors. I come from the machine shop world so I intend to learn how to make them and do that. One of the Adjunct professors here at RIT was building a wild RX-7 with a few rotors he was making himself. What's your dream car?

I agree bro! And it's damn near impossible to tell from sound clips! So much variation, the exhaust generally sounds pretty different in real life compared to the videos. Thankfully I am super happy with the sound after putting in my downpipe :headbang: I finally have some noise at like 4-5k rpm! With just the Greddy and stock fp/dp, the sound just died out after 2500rpm. Very lackluster. Super hype about the new setup. My neighbors at 5:30 this morning? Probably not so much...

Got them HRS tails installed too. They are wild.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else spending significantly more time on CivicX since the start of COVID IMG_20200904_192335

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's funny man, yeah I spend way more time on the forum at work. It's pretty bad some days - way too much time on here then nothing until the next morning. Honestly I have a system - I first open both classified sections, then the general 10th gen discussions, then the "What's New" tab that shows you everything that's been updated and see what's interesting.

I trust that your buddy is being honest, so maybe I will do a bit of reconsidering. The other side of it is... If I learn to drift a miata like a pro, how good will I be in an "easier" car to drift? Probably pretty good haha. Either way I need a beater and want to get into learning enough to do engine swaps, add turbos, etc and that is a perfect car for that. And the miata on my way to and from work is a 1995, 5-speed with 150k miles for 2700. Definitely not a bad price as long as it's not rusted out - I didn't have time to get out and walk around the car.

My ultimate project car is a '94 RX-7 FD3S. I want to do a wild build, probably 3 rotors. I come from the machine shop world so I intend to learn how to make them and do that. One of the Adjunct professors here at RIT was building a wild RX-7 with a few rotors he was making himself. What's your dream car?

I agree bro! And it's damn near impossible to tell from sound clips! So much variation, the exhaust generally sounds pretty different in real life compared to the videos. Thankfully I am super happy with the sound after putting in my downpipe :headbang: I finally have some noise at like 4-5k rpm! With just the Greddy and stock fp/dp, the sound just died out after 2500rpm. Very lackluster. Super hype about the new setup. My neighbors at 5:30 this morning? Probably not so much...

Got them HRS tails installed too. They are wild.

IMG_20200904_192335.jpg
hahah yeah I do the same, I usually head straight to the Si specific forum then browse around general then whats new.

But yes I'm assuming it'll be a bit easier if you can master a miata before anything. Miata's are sooo cheap right now especially rust free ones, I definitely think it's a good investment. I think they are such a great car because you don't have to throw in a turbo or put a big investment towards power to have fun in it since it's so light and RWD. Not to mention convertible, it would be nice to have one during the summer months.

And funny enough not kidding RX7 is one of my dream cars as well. My top 3 dream builds for right now is the RX7, R33 GTR, and MK4 supra. Honestly I'd pick an RX7 over a Supra just because the fuckin rotary engine, sounds so mean.

But ay I'm glad you like the downpipe man, I think it's such a good mod to really get that tone you're looking for. From what I noticed, it seems like most after market exhausts will generally sound the same (with slight variations to tone), and the downpipe is really the thing that will change the sound the most.

Hope you got some nice crackles aha, surprisingly my type r exhaust paired with my catless dp was super quiet so I just recently got a muffler delete to open it back up again and I love it

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hahah yeah I do the same, I usually head straight to the Si specific forum then browse around general then whats new.

But yes I'm assuming it'll be a bit easier if you can master a miata before anything. Miata's are sooo cheap right now especially rust free ones, I definitely think it's a good investment. I think they are such a great car because you don't have to throw in a turbo or put a big investment towards power to have fun in it since it's so light and RWD. Not to mention convertible, it would be nice to have one during the summer months.

And funny enough not kidding RX7 is one of my dream cars as well. My top 3 dream builds for right now is the RX7, R33 GTR, and MK4 supra. Honestly I'd pick an RX7 over a Supra just because the fuckin rotary engine, sounds so mean.

But ay I'm glad you like the downpipe man, I think it's such a good mod to really get that tone you're looking for. From what I noticed, it seems like most after market exhausts will generally sound the same (with slight variations to tone), and the downpipe is really the thing that will change the sound the most.

Hope you got some nice crackles aha, surprisingly my type r exhaust paired with my catless dp was super quiet so I just recently got a muffler delete to open it back up again and I love it

I'm thinking the miata is the way to go haha. Super cheap, and like you said you don't need to put much into it. Toss in a few $k and you've got yourself some serious fun lol. Convertible would be wild man the one I'm looking at is one! Oh and they're super small so nice and easy to store - I don't have much driveway space at my house.

That's wild man too ironic. I have loved RX7's for probably about 10 years now. When I used to play NFS Most Wanted, the original one for like gamecube, I would always buy an RX-7 and max it out. I actually want to learn how to manufacture rotors and add extra ones. My goal is really like a 3-rotor widebody fd3 with a big GT wing on the back like what I have right now. I LOVE the rotary idle man it sounds so unique and awesome. My other dream cars are GT-R34 and the supra... pretty funny haha.

Seriously man you are 100% on to something. I would almost say a downpipe should be done first, then muffler delete, then if you still don't like go catback and it will give you a deeper sound which would probably be all you're missing at that point. Then if you don't like the tone go to a different brand of catback!

I actually don't get any crackles. I have a CVT, which may be part of it, but I also went hi flow cat so there is a cat there. I had read that there are some people who still get crackles with catted though.... we shall see. I was really hoping for some crackles lol.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm thinking the miata is the way to go haha. Super cheap, and like you said you don't need to put much into it. Toss in a few $k and you've got yourself some serious fun lol. Convertible would be wild man the one I'm looking at is one! Oh and they're super small so nice and easy to store - I don't have much driveway space at my house.

That's wild man too ironic. I have loved RX7's for probably about 10 years now. When I used to play NFS Most Wanted, the original one for like gamecube, I would always buy an RX-7 and max it out. I actually want to learn how to manufacture rotors and add extra ones. My goal is really like a 3-rotor widebody fd3 with a big GT wing on the back like what I have right now. I LOVE the rotary idle man it sounds so unique and awesome. My other dream cars are GT-R34 and the supra... pretty funny haha.

Seriously man you are 100% on to something. I would almost say a downpipe should be done first, then muffler delete, then if you still don't like go catback and it will give you a deeper sound which would probably be all you're missing at that point. Then if you don't like the tone go to a different brand of catback!

I actually don't get any crackles. I have a CVT, which may be part of it, but I also went hi flow cat so there is a cat there. I had read that there are some people who still get crackles with catted though.... we shall see. I was really hoping for some crackles lol.
Yeah man I feel like the miata is one of the most convenient cars to have, seems fun, convertible, easy to store, ample supply of parts, and a nice community. And god tell me the rotary idle sounds crazy, I don't know too much about the engines to be honest but I'd be excited to get my hands dirty to work on one.

And yup agreed! I first got my catless downpipe on stock exhaust and although it wasn't bad, I thought the pitch was a bit too rapsy for my liking. Then decided with the Type R exhaust since i know it packed 2 resonators and ended up with a very deep clean tone. Over time I thought it was a bit too quiet so I left the resonators alone and deleted 2 of the mufflers so I can open it up a bit and get some crackles and I am now finally happy. Only downside to all this is my exhaust is like 1 degree off now because of re-welding the hangers after the muffler delete, although 99% of people don't notice it it still irks me sometimes.

And maybe it's bc you're catted yeah, I have a buddy with a CVT sport that's FBO and gets some gnarly fucking crackles and pops, it's almost like he got an ak47 tune lol.. I think he's catless with muff+res delete but my god it's fucking loud man.. too loud.. but hey to each and their own

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
yeah I'm on this alot more lately while i'm at work and work has slowed down but luckily my pay has stayed the same so I'm okay from that aspect. I research just about anything i've thought about doing and researched it religiously on this site, which is crazy because on the facebook group people will ask the same questions over and over when google is a readily available resource for info about these cars and the information on these cars is endless I always say in my head if I'm thinking it I bet someone has done it already

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah I'm on this alot more lately while i'm at work and work has slowed down but luckily my pay has stayed the same so I'm okay from that aspect. I research just about anything i've thought about doing and researched it religiously on this site, which is crazy because on the facebook group people will ask the same questions over and over when google is a readily available resource for info about these cars and the information on these cars is endless I always say in my head if I'm thinking it I bet someone has done it already
Yeah man i much prefer here over the facebook group, on facebook it's always the same questions every other day and not much more, I've learned so much on here in a week of use compared to months over there lol. One positive to come out of covid is how much more I've learned about this car and all the new ideas it's given me

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah man i much prefer here over the facebook group, on facebook it's always the same questions every other day and not much more, I've learned so much on here in a week of use compared to months over there lol. One positive to come out of covid is how much more I've learned about this car and all the new ideas it's given me
I like to be helpful where I can wether its here or facebook group, a lot of sht talking LX owners on there which cracks me up but I've done all my own work IC, intake and exhaust with a tune which makes me happy because it brings closer to the car it feels like and plus subtle changes will bring that first day excitement I got when I first bought the car, Doubt ill do a downpipe tho being in CA the smog restrictions are ridiculous and not really wanting to deal with the check engine light if it gives me any issues, I would love one for the sense of opening up the car more but eh, lately more focused on upgrading my computer at the moment then my car for the time being

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like to be helpful where I can wether its here or facebook group, a lot of sht talking LX owners on there which cracks me up but I've done all my own work IC, intake and exhaust with a tune which makes me happy because it brings closer to the car it feels like and plus subtle changes will bring that first day excitement I got when I first bought the car, Doubt ill do a downpipe tho being in CA the smog restrictions are ridiculous and not really wanting to deal with the check engine light if it gives me any issues, I would love one for the sense of opening up the car more but eh, lately more focused on upgrading my computer at the moment then my car for the time being
LOL yup seen it all over there. but I definitely agree, I like doing my own work when possible because it just feels better knowing you did it and brings me closer as well.

But yeah ik restrictions are crazy over there in cali.. unfortunate af. Seems cali got a lot more stricter because of all those slideshows right? They are starting to pop up more and more here and I hate it tbh.. gives us all a bad look.. but yeah downpipe was one of my fav mods, been driving w a check engine light for 4 months now but eh I got used to it lol

I also wanna build a computer too but going to wait till cyber monday and build it then

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
LOL yup seen it all over there. but I definitely agree, I like doing my own work when possible because it just feels better knowing you did it and brings me closer as well.

But yeah ik restrictions are crazy over there in cali.. unfortunate af. Seems cali got a lot more stricter because of all those slideshows right? They are starting to pop up more and more here and I hate it tbh.. gives us all a bad look.. but yeah downpipe was one of my fav mods, been driving w a check engine light for 4 months now but eh I got used to it lol

I also wanna build a computer too but going to wait till cyber monday and build it then
Well all I know is if I ever get state ref'd im fuk'd lol no way none of my mods are carb legal so id be forced to be compliant with the state by going all stock of at least smog legal, knock on wood my grandma driving hasn't gotten me caught yet lmao

if you do the best time to get a good graphics card is now, with the 3xxx series coming out the 2080ti's took such a dive in prices I see them selling for 5-600 on offerup daily. As far as cpu's go that's your call I'm and intel fan boy but I know plenty of friends who run with AMD and helped my friend build an AMD build and she loves it

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if this is a positive for me.... all the extra research has me buying things that weren't on my radar initially :rofl: I spent probably like 3500 on the car since covid started...

I got the Afe catted downpipe and no CEL for me! It sounds amazing too seriously it was all that I was missing in the sound. I have Greddy SP catback.
Sponsored