Covid-19 effect: speeding

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well gentlemen and ladies, the end of an era. Traffic is almost normal here in North Jersey/NYC, getting stuck in rush hour once again. I guess one benefit we can take away from all this COVID stuff is the empty roads that we were blessed with for months, there will likely be no other time in our lives where we'll get to relive ripping highways with minimal cops, so I'm glad we had the ability to at least have some fun during this dark time. Hope everyone and their families have been safe and continue to be safe!
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Well gentlemen and ladies, the end of an era. Traffic is almost normal here in North Jersey/NYC, getting stuck in rush hour once again. I guess one benefit we can take away from all this COVID stuff is the empty roads that we were blessed with for months, there will likely be no other time in our lives where we'll get to relive ripping highways with minimal cops, so I'm glad we had the ability to at least have some fun during this dark time. Hope everyone and their families have been safe and continue to be safe!
You talking to me? Yes, I will be safe. I promise. So safe you wouldn't believe it.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, same here. We opened back up and people got on the roads like they were driving like beginners. Rush hour is a thing again. Though on weekends it's still emptier than usual.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, same here. We opened back up and people got on the roads like they were driving like beginners. Rush hour is a thing again. Though on weekends it's still emptier than usual.
Yep. I go to work 5:30 AM. The roads around here are nearly stop and go again, sadly.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Roads are back to busy, and tourists are here in force, which means weekends are busy again too

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Yes, especially in Jacksonville, FL. I tend to do a little over the speed limit but when I’m merging onto the highway from an on ramp, I put my sport mode on and vroom vroom, I’m off like a bandit. But I have notice that there have been less people getting pulled over. Hell, I’ve driven past a cop doing 5-10 over and they don’t seem to care lol now as far as FHP (FL highway patrol) that might be a whole different story.

but honestly it doesn’t really affect me because I barely go anywhere. I’m working remotely from home. So I’m okay with that! But I do want to get out every once in a while.
Cop is like, "Only 70 over. It's not worth getting COVID". ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Traffic in the DMV is kinda back - except for commuters. Lots of Federal agencies & other employers in DC still aren't back in the office, so from what I've heard there's not a ton of gridlock like it was pre-COVID. That may not change for a while.

I'm further out in the sticks, so "traffic" is me hitting 2 red lights in a row.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
It's not just traffic, the problem is that the slow asses are back. The back roads were still amazingly fast just weeks ago, even with increasingly more traffic. "Amazingly," because even with low traffic, one slow car can spoil it on one lane roads. So my theory is that the 25-in-a-40-mph-zone people are the same ones who were until now sitting home all masked 24/7, and just now came out like cockroaches from the woodwork.
Sponsored