How has COVID-19 affected your life so far..

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was asked the other day if I could come into my workplace since my supervisor will be out and the other clerk can’t come in so I’m gonna have to go in Tuesday :( I really don’t want to but I can’t say no either. We are a small staffed department as it is and I’ve been WFH since the end of February. So unfortunately it is what it is. Our courthouse is still closed off to public. Only essential employees are allowed in.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
months later, i'm still here going into work and getting my 40 hours. Lost quite a bit of overtime every week (used to do around 10-15 a week) so my pay has been cut really bad but glad that i'm still getting 40 hours.

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
Im your sentence, I sense not only fatigue, stress and
anxiety but also some despair.
Talk to us, tell us more, it will make you feel better.
The guys in the forum will react and encourage you.
Even though I don't know you and I am thousands
of miles away from you, I sympathise and support
you in thought.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure it’s catapulted my anxiety into the stratosphere, along with my depression and stress. I still don’t feel 100% after contracting whatever I had a month ago. My GP says nothing is wrong with me, yet I still have weird GI issues. My fear is I have something more serious and sometimes the fear is so strong it sends me into a panic attack. I’ve had about 7 of those lately, and it’s exacerbated by COVID.

Going to talk to someone about it today because letting the anxiety fester is causing more problems.

datboostedFK7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have worked throughout this being i cook at a nursing facility. my grandmother is in a different nursing home. she tested positive for covid-19 the day before her 99th bday shes doing a bit better for a while she wasnt eating there. i just been strong but just burned out.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had just started my own business as a Mobile Mechanic literally got my License from the Bureau of Automotive Repair in the middle of COVID 2020 so.... I am doing what I can. Its been slow going and I have a lot of money invested in this and not really seeing much of a return. I am trying to rethink how and what I can do as a mechanic with a valid Automotive Repair Dealership license but no brick and mortar shop. My kid is out of school and I have to watch her during the day as my wife is the bread winner primarily at the moment and she has to go into her office daily. Funny and maybe somewhat sad is my job I quit last year to do my own thing was working in attractions at Disneyland and yea I would be out of a job for sure if I stayed there anyway.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been WFH since March. Car is barely driven from 1k miles/month to 1k miles/3 month. I missed a mid-year raise due to the pandemic but my company is still doing well and met the quota. They offer to pay for my MS so I decided to take the offer. So far, I've been grateful that my loved ones are okay despite of what is going on nowadays.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had just started my own business as a Mobile Mechanic literally got my License from the Bureau of Automotive Repair in the middle of COVID 2020 so.... I am doing what I can. Its been slow going and I have a lot of money invested in this and not really seeing much of a return. I am trying to rethink how and what I can do as a mechanic with a valid Automotive Repair Dealership license but no brick and mortar shop. My kid is out of school and I have to watch her during the day as my wife is the bread winner primarily at the moment and she has to go into her office daily. Funny and maybe somewhat sad is my job I quit last year to do my own thing was working in attractions at Disneyland and yea I would be out of a job for sure if I stayed there anyway.
As someone who did work for Disney youre better off lol, just spoke to my friend who has been there for damn probably 4-5 years now and they told him don't expect to work till MAYBE October and that's a hard maybe so it could be even up till January lmao, I hope for the best for you cant imagine what its like to try to start a business during these times

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I heard a rumor that our clerk’s office won’t be opening back up to the public til January ? but I’m not surprised. We’re kinda open but the public can only go so far once last security. We have tables lined up for people to put stuff into a drop box since they’re not allowed to come back to our offices/departments. But I’m WFH today. My boyfriend is coming home tomorrow and I cannot wait. Been out to sea since the first week of July and it’s now almost the end of August!! Ugh...

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
As someone who did work for Disney youre better off lol, just spoke to my friend who has been there for damn probably 4-5 years now and they told him don't expect to work till MAYBE October and that's a hard maybe so it could be even up till January lmao, I hope for the best for you cant imagine what its like to try to start a business during these times
Yea I have a lot of friends at DLR and I feel for them and a lot have moved on so its gonna be weird. There is gonna have to be a huge hiring frenzy when they do reopen because people who are ferlowed for the better part of a year a lot of them cannot wait around till the park re-opens. They were lucky (or unlucky) in Florida depending on how you look at it that they were able to reopen fairly soon.

I was with Disney for 3 years and I had a lot of fun. It is a fun job although I do not care for the mega corporate BS part of working at a place like that sometimes I did enjoy my job their and have tons of fond memories and I still miss the place to be honest.

Oelandsir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mazda cx5
COVID-19 has significantly impacted my life, leaving me with various complications, one of which is erectile dysfunction (ED). Seeking solutions, I discovered eroxon gel, which has proven effective. Besides, it's easy to buy eroxon online. The pandemic brought unexpected problems and addressing the aftermath requires adaptability and resilience.

Last edited:

josevic

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback
COVID-19 had a strong impact, causing numerous businesses to close down, such as the place where I used to work. However, it also led to my present employment that allows me to remain at home and offers more opportunities for family time. Although the salary is not very high now as I am starting fresh in this job, my thoughts are positive that it will improve later on.
Sponsored