How has COVID-19 affected your life so far..

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
For me I have been working steadily in an at risk environment conditions due to so many lay off's and businesses losing money. I had a promotion lined up with a raise but that was cancelled/questionable and maybe on hold due to COVID smh....My Wife is working overtime at hospital offices it's been a drag on both of us, but it could be worse and I count my blessings. We have each other and we have enough supplies if things get real.

Please share your story..How has COVID screwed you over, and what can the community do to help? Any links to help/donations orgs is beneficial too.
Sponsored

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
My mom passed away last Saturday. We are unable to have a funeral for her. We’re just having a small family gathering, none of her friends can go, at the cemetery to bury today. Horrible.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My mom passed away last Saturday. We are unable to have a funeral for her. We’re just having a small family gathering, none of her friends can go, at the cemetery to bury today. Horrible.
My deepest condolences

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Send my pregnant wife to her 93 year old grandmother's. She has given up her shifts at the hospital unit and is working remotely doing telehealth consults.

I've been doing extra ER and ICU shifts. We were short handed before this. Now we are activating RTs that no longer work at the bedside and bringing them up to speed.

The bigger concern is our lack of protective gear. We as caregivers can't get our regular patients infected and we can't infect ourselves. Unfortunately there aren't many people that can run ventilators. Hopefully we can get more masks soon. Reusing them is dangerous.

Please hunker down y'all

We can get through this together

Last edited:

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have any niosh masks you can donate to your local hospital please do

Honda Civic 10th gen How has COVID-19 affected your life so far.. Screenshot_20200320-105325~2

Last edited:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Very sorry to hear about your mom my condolences to you and your family

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
So sorry about your loss Stevessvt. I don't even know how to put it into words bro. praying you get through this

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
My deepest condolences for your loss. Sending you prayers as well.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My condolences on your loss. Losing your mom is hard enough and the fact you can't have a proper funeral is absolutely unthinkable.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
my work is super slow (we sell and deliver food to restaurants), probably get my hours cut next week, and send some drivers home but its better than no work.

Also, my dad had spinal surgery on wednesday, staying at hospital for 3 ish days and going to an intensive rehab unit for 2 weeks right after and we are not allowed to visit during the time because they shut down visitations for patients. They gave me an exception as a translator to see him in the recovery room but thats about it. My mom who was with me is not allowed to see him until the rehab is basically over. It's understandable but it does suck.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
so sorry for your loss Steve.

As far as how how its affected my life. Work has slowed to a crawl. I basically have a month vacation where I'm bored out of my mind. I've gone fishing everyday, washed my car 3 times in the past week, completely detailed my girlfriends car (clay bar, paint correction, interior clean, wax etc) Played modern warfare Warzone for about 15 hours in the past 4 days. Went to go buy a Skyline R32 because i need a project but the place was closed due to this crap so that's out of the picture. I built a computer which only took a couple hours. (Fail)
Went to buy reloading stuff so I could sit on the couch and make some ammo but Bass pro is completely out of everything so no shooting. Tried to fly up North to go skiing for a week but all the mountains are closed now. I am so bored!!! I Honestly dont know what to do with myself. Silver lining to the cloud is that my house and cars have never been so clean!

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I am so sorry for your loss.

My mother works for a well known local hotel and the hotel is closed til May. She is applying for unemployment. I am an accountant for a logistic equipment manufacturer, been dealing with order cancellation for past 2 days. Most of them come from food delivery companies. My gf works in a dental office and it will also be closed til April due to the stay home order.
Sponsored