Anyone else spending significantly more time on CivicX since the start of COVID

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man I never used the forums so much till all this COVID stuff happened. So much free time, always have a tab of civicx open when I was WFH. Luckily got a new job after being furloughed from my last and even at this job I always have a civicx tab open and I'm always browsing the forums in my downtime lol
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh man. I'm glad I'm not the only one lol. I have only been on here for about a year, and yes since Feb/March I have been on here probably 10x as much. Always have a tab open at work, reply to stuff like right away, and always checking the recently updated threads.

I would estimate at least 200 hours here between browsing and dedicated research... And that's conservative. Absolutely love this forum!

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh man. I'm glad I'm not the only one lol. I have only been on here for about a year, and yes since Feb/March I have been on here probably 10x as much. Always have a tab open at work, reply to stuff like right away, and always checking the recently updated threads.

I would estimate at least 200 hours here between browsing and dedicated research... And that's conservative. Absolutely love this forum!
Hahah right? You and a few others gave me the inspiration to write this post lol. I check civicx when I get into work and have my morning coffee and I always see the same few people responding to threads so it got me thinking, "Hey maybe they are doing the same as me" :headbang:

But yeah after spending a lot more time on here I realized how great of a forum it is compared to any other car forum. The uesr friendliness, community, active members, we are truly blessed eh

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an unhealthy addiction to this site, I'm afraid to see how much time I've spent being logged in lol

FK7DEMON

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I've been on here more since covid started and work became slow. Just sitting here in the office waiting for work and reading threads lol.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hahah right? You and a few others gave me the inspiration to write this post lol. I check civicx when I get into work and have my morning coffee and I always see the same few people responding to threads so it got me thinking, "Hey maybe they are doing the same as me" :headbang:

But yeah after spending a lot more time on here I realized how great of a forum it is compared to any other car forum. The uesr friendliness, community, active members, we are truly blessed eh
Lmao yep! Start up computer, first thing in the address bar I type "c" and slam enter.... This is by far the most visited site starting with a "c" so it's a nice shortcut.

I've actually never been part of another forum - I just "got into cars" a year ago when I purchased my hatch. I was leasing one prior to that and was in college, didn't know anything about cars and didn't really care. I got myself the Type R wing from ABS Dynamics... and well yeah $5k in mods and hundred of hours on the forum later and I at least feel like a 'beginner' with modding and such now. But alas, this is much better than I expected it to be! We do have a few people who need to chill - myself included one time but went to great lengths to apologize and clearly state I was in the wrong - but see the CW type R wing for sale right now and it's an example. These people are so few and far between, so I feel like there is an amazing culture here, and it is crazy active. We definitely are blessed!

Speaking of work though... I'm a Continuous Improvement Engineer for a manufacturing facility. When we aren't facilitating Kaizen events or working on projects, there can be some pretty serious downtime. Don't disrupt production at EOM or EOQ... so that's a lot of time for civicx lol!!

What do y'all do?

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an unhealthy addiction to this site, I'm afraid to see how much time I've spent being logged in lol
Oh man there has to be a counter somewhere right? I know I will be both ashamed and proud

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lmao yep! Start up computer, first thing in the address bar I type "c" and slam enter.... This is by far the most visited site starting with a "c" so it's a nice shortcut.

I've actually never been part of another forum - I just "got into cars" a year ago when I purchased my hatch. I was leasing one prior to that and was in college, didn't know anything about cars and didn't really care. I got myself the Type R wing from ABS Dynamics... and well yeah $5k in mods and hundred of hours on the forum later and I at least feel like a 'beginner' with modding and such now. But alas, this is much better than I expected it to be! We do have a few people who need to chill - myself included one time but went to great lengths to apologize and clearly state I was in the wrong - but see the CW type R wing for sale right now and it's an example. These people are so few and far between, so I feel like there is an amazing culture here, and it is crazy active. We definitely are blessed!

Speaking of work though... I'm a Continuous Improvement Engineer for a manufacturing facility. When we aren't facilitating Kaizen events or working on projects, there can be some pretty serious downtime. Don't disrupt production at EOM or EOQ... so that's a lot of time for civicx lol!!

What do y'all do?
LMAOO we are the same. I log in, click outlook, click chrome, enter c then smash that enter button

I haven't been a part of another car forum either but I've done a lot of lurking on different ones while doing some project car research. Literally all the forums look like they are stuck in the late 2000's while civicx actually looks modern. But likewise, although I've always been into cars and hondas, I didn't know too much about the 10th gen and this forum has helped me literally learn the car inside and out - and I still learn something new everyday!

Right now for work I'm doing Asset Management/Supply Chain for a large government water company. I keep track of life cycles and monitor all the different assets the company has while managing shipments for the different chemicals we need for water to purify it. Some days I'll be busy all day working in the field and having meetings in the office and some days I'll just do 1-2 reports and be free the whole day lol.

DOWNTIME YOU SAY? CIVICX HERE I COME :spaz:

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LMAOO we are the same. I log in, click outlook, click chrome, enter c then smash that enter button

I haven't been a part of another car forum either but I've done a lot of lurking on different ones while doing some project car research. Literally all the forums look like they are stuck in the late 2000's while civicx actually looks modern. But likewise, although I've always been into cars and hondas, I didn't know too much about the 10th gen and this forum has helped me literally learn the car inside and out - and I still learn something new everyday!

Right now for work I'm doing Asset Management/Supply Chain for a large government water company. I keep track of life cycles and monitor all the different assets the company has while managing shipments for the different chemicals we need for water to purify it. Some days I'll be busy all day working in the field and having meetings in the office and some days I'll just do 1-2 reports and be free the whole day lol.

DOWNTIME YOU SAY? CIVICX HERE I COME :spaz:
I'll do you one better: my stuff opens automatically! If you are on windows 10, hit the windows flag button and type shell:startup
It will bring you to the starup folder. You can browse to it for Windows7,8, etc, just google it if you have a different one than 10.. You're gov't so you might still be on XP... LOL! But then you make a shortcut in that folder for anything you want to open at startup. I have outlook, chrome, and a daily task list I keep in microsoft word that all open when I boot up. May seem useless but it's pretty nice to know you can start up, login and go to the bathroom or something and come back and your stuff is loaded. My computer takes a few minutes to wake up in the morn...

Any forum I end up on for general stuff that isn't specific here and there isn't a thread... yeah. 1999 for sure lol! But I agree man I am constantly learning stuff here. Literally every day. It's dope!

Definitely sounds like you get some serious downtime! You must REALLY know these cars inside and out. I get like an hour or two a day and then some days its none. Funny you work for a water company... I work for Xylem I'm sure you have heard of them by now in your industry!

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll do you one better: my stuff opens automatically! If you are on windows 10, hit the windows flag button and type shell:startup
It will bring you to the starup folder. You can browse to it for Windows7,8, etc, just google it if you have a different one than 10.. You're gov't so you might still be on XP... LOL! But then you make a shortcut in that folder for anything you want to open at startup. I have outlook, chrome, and a daily task list I keep in microsoft word that all open when I boot up. May seem useless but it's pretty nice to know you can start up, login and go to the bathroom or something and come back and your stuff is loaded. My computer takes a few minutes to wake up in the morn...

Any forum I end up on for general stuff that isn't specific here and there isn't a thread... yeah. 1999 for sure lol! But I agree man I am constantly learning stuff here. Literally every day. It's dope!

Definitely sounds like you get some serious downtime! You must REALLY know these cars inside and out. I get like an hour or two a day and then some days its none. Funny you work for a water company... I work for Xylem I'm sure you have heard of them by now in your industry!
By the grace of god we are using Windows 10 here.. can't imagine using the old versions, my company is pretty technologically up to date which is good. But thank you for that ima try to set that up later today! My computer starts up pretty fast which is good only takes a minute but hey it'll make things just a bit quicker lol

I'm not a genius on the platform yet haha, I'm still learning a lot performance wise but I have a decent understanding now after seeing many different builds. I have a buddy pushing 355/307 right now and he taught me a lot about the engine capabilities and how to properly build the engine

I'm actually very new to the water industry though so unfortunately I don't know Xylem, I graduated last summer and I'm still pretty new to the whole 9-5 life haha. I work for SUEZ though, maybe you might've heard of em? Not sure how big they are in Rochester but it's pretty big here in New Rochelle

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
By the grace of god we are using Windows 10 here.. can't imagine using the old versions, my company is pretty technologically up to date which is good. But thank you for that ima try to set that up later today! My computer starts up pretty fast which is good only takes a minute but hey it'll make things just a bit quicker lol

I'm not a genius on the platform yet haha, I'm still learning a lot performance wise but I have a decent understanding now after seeing many different builds. I have a buddy pushing 355/307 right now and he taught me a lot about the engine capabilities and how to properly build the engine

I'm actually very new to the water industry though so unfortunately I don't know Xylem, I graduated last summer and I'm still pretty new to the whole 9-5 life haha. I work for SUEZ though, maybe you might've heard of em? Not sure how big they are in Rochester but it's pretty big here in New Rochelle
Wow I'm shocked! Even here you have to ask to be upgraded to Windows 10. And yessir, my job be continuous improvement and I can tell you all the little things you do to become more efficient add up, or at least make life much easier. I'm always trying to do things better, more efficiently which is what got me into a role like this!

I'm just at the tip of the iceberg for performance. I spent probably 6 months researching tuning and that's about the extent of my knowledge. I have a down pipe I'm gonna throw in this weekend and that'l be the first true performance mod... I have an intake but that's easy takes like an hour if you've never done it. I'm going to pick up an early 2000's civic, preferably si, to build up so I am going to learn a TON from that.

I actually have never heard of them. I would imagine that is more commercial side... My facility mostly does residential and agricultural. We are expanding our commercial market share, but I am involved in operations so most of what I deal with pertains to the site level. Making processes within the facility more efficient and whatnot. Sounds like you have a cool role though from your other post, a good mix of different things!

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also my guy, I'm glad you're the thread starter here so I can say how much I appreciate your sig... "Live Fast, Eat Ass" I don't know if you've heard of Bro Science, but they make cutoff shirts that say ASSEATER and I definitely have one.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow I'm shocked! Even here you have to ask to be upgraded to Windows 10. And yessir, my job be continuous improvement and I can tell you all the little things you do to become more efficient add up, or at least make life much easier. I'm always trying to do things better, more efficiently which is what got me into a role like this!

I'm just at the tip of the iceberg for performance. I spent probably 6 months researching tuning and that's about the extent of my knowledge. I have a down pipe I'm gonna throw in this weekend and that'l be the first true performance mod... I have an intake but that's easy takes like an hour if you've never done it. I'm going to pick up an early 2000's civic, preferably si, to build up so I am going to learn a TON from that.

I actually have never heard of them. I would imagine that is more commercial side... My facility mostly does residential and agricultural. We are expanding our commercial market share, but I am involved in operations so most of what I deal with pertains to the site level. Making processes within the facility more efficient and whatnot. Sounds like you have a cool role though from your other post, a good mix of different things!
We on the same boat too, I just started getting into the performance world in terms of starting to install them myself. Took me a solid 8 hours to install my catless downpipe for the first time and I wanted to die, but I still had (some) fun and learned! We also on the same boat about picking up a car to modify and learn from, I was thinking of picking up a 240sx (if no drift tax) or an NA miata as they are pretty cheap and not too hard to work on.

But yeah I like my job, used to do this same position at an internship for the MTA and I enjoyed it because I don't have to be stuck in a cubicle all day and there's good variety
Also my guy, I'm glad you're the thread starter here so I can say how much I appreciate your sig... "Live Fast, Eat Ass" I don't know if you've heard of Bro Science, but they make cutoff shirts that say ASSEATER and I definitely have one.
Oh hell yea brother :headbang: I used to watch broscience a lot years ago in college that man is the goat

I been eating booty since highschool and got roasted by the homies for doing so, but 4-5 years later and all of them that talked down on me ended up doing it.. Ah how the tides have turned.. :spaz:

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
100%. I see myself opening the tab and automatically typing "c" then enter because it defaults to civicx. It's become a force of habit.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We on the same boat too, I just started getting into the performance world in terms of starting to install them myself. Took me a solid 8 hours to install my catless downpipe for the first time and I wanted to die, but I still had (some) fun and learned! We also on the same boat about picking up a car to modify and learn from, I was thinking of picking up a 240sx (if no drift tax) or an NA miata as they are pretty cheap and not too hard to work on.

But yeah I like my job, used to do this same position at an internship for the MTA and I enjoyed it because I don't have to be stuck in a cubicle all day and there's good variety

Oh hell yea brother :headbang: I used to watch broscience a lot years ago in college that man is the goat

I been eating booty since highschool and got roasted by the homies for doing so, but 4-5 years later and all of them that talked down on me ended up doing it.. Ah how the tides have turned.. :spaz:
What did you learn that would help me out on saturday? I'm going to take off the top heat shield and soak with pb blaster the night before, maybe pull the bottom shield off just to make less work Sunday. Need to be super careful with turbo studs but if you soak good and make sure you are parallel to the stud from what I read it's not toooo bad.

240's are great! They look better than an early 2000's civic imo. Same thing with miatas man you can slap some visual stuff on there to complete it.. I feel like no matter how much you mod one of the earlier gen civics like 7th and 8th they just don't look good. Unless I get lucky and find a hatch but they are few and far between.

I agree man I like being able to go out and do stuff on the shop floor. Tear areas apart and put them back together better than before.

LOL perfect man so you know what's good. Dom is the man. I got the Biami, ASSEATER, OnlyFriends, and the plain black with a little white logo. Comfiest and best fitting cutoffs ever! And hilarious.

It's a damn shame he doesn't really do much anymore. The Bros Vs. channel is pretty funny too, just him pissing off Bradley Martyn :rofl:

Yeah everybody all of a sudden be about eatin ass... It's now a "thing". That used to be something you get made fun of, now you get made fun of if you DONT eat ass lol!
Sponsored