First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone running bride seats? If so what model? I’m considering an upgrade for the track. I’m 6’2” 210 lbs. Any feedback on comfort or install challenges?
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bruh, open to begin wrong here, but replacing your seats with non-OEM seats makes your car non-street legal because you’re removing airbags, and Bride does not make OEM-compatible seats. Thoughts? I thought your build was for the street.

OP
OP
ManitobaSI

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is for street mainly. Quite a few people run aftermarket here in Manitoba. I thought they would be street legal. I’ll look into that more.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is for street mainly. Quite a few people run aftermarket here in Manitoba. I thought they would be street legal. I’ll look into that more.
Plus removing a safety feature. ?? At your own risk, I guess.

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I used to run a bride zeta 3 in my Civic si.
Planning on throwing it in my type r soon.
If you are gonna go with a bride seat make sure you go with one of their bigger options. I am 135lbs and barely fit in mine lol

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bruh, open to begin wrong here, but replacing your seats with non-OEM seats makes your car non-street legal because you’re removing airbags, and Bride does not make OEM-compatible seats. Thoughts? I thought your build was for the street.
I agree with the thought about safety. It's an important thing to consider, but...

Non-Street legal? Maybe, but the law won't stop you in Cali or in any US state that I've been too. I've been pulled over with aftermarket seats/harnesses over a dozen times and smogged 2 cars with aftermarket seats in cali... Never had trouble for that specifically.

Cops can't even tell you what law it is that bans underglow, so you are free to drive around the whole state with strobing blue lights and probably get away with it. Source: I did it for years with slow fading lights without any tickets, but a lot of police attention. Also in cali, you usually get fix-it tickets for most of this stuff, so just pop the stuff out and pop it back in. I've double sided taped front license plates for police fix-it ticket inspections.

Bride makes good quality seats, but a little on the tight size for all their real JDM stuff. These civics have mega space for their biggest seats so I would go with something huge for myself. I went with reclining sportster gt recaro's in mine and love the feeling. I'm 6'2" 190-220lbs depending on the season haha.

I know you didn't ask, but here are some photos <3

Honda Civic 10th gen Bride Seats… anyone running? 20200307_164312

Honda Civic 10th gen Bride Seats… anyone running? 20200514_171455

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with the thought about safety. It's an important thing to consider, but...

Non-Street legal? Maybe, but the law won't stop you in Cali or in any US state that I've been too. I've been pulled over with aftermarket seats/harnesses over a dozen times and smogged 2 cars with aftermarket seats in cali... Never had trouble for that specifically.

Cops can't even tell you what law it is that bans underglow, so you are free to drive around the whole state with strobing blue lights and probably get away with it. Source: I did it for years with slow fading lights without any tickets, but a lot of police attention. Also in cali, you usually get fix-it tickets for most of this stuff, so just pop the stuff out and pop it back in. I've double sided taped front license plates for police fix-it ticket inspections.

Bride makes good quality seats, but a little on the tight size for all their real JDM stuff. These civics have mega space for their biggest seats so I would go with something huge for myself. I went with reclining sportster gt recaro's in mine and love the feeling. I'm 6'2" 190-220lbs depending on the season haha.

20200307_164312.jpg

20200514_171455.jpg
Fantastic info! TY!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
whatever seats you choose to get, make sure theyre DOT approved unless you like injuries when youre in a collision.

Heres a video of how seats should withstand rear impact

Heres a Bride Brix in rear impact

And heres a Recaro

DOT is more than just three fancy letters and a price hike on seats. Anyone out there with those cheap NRG seats and the like risk killing themselves in an accident for JDM points. I hate preaching, but I figured id bring it up while people wanted to discuss safety. I realize that these videos might be a tad dated, and that companies might have made improvements to their seats.

OP
OP
ManitobaSI

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

20200307_164312.jpg

20200514_171455.jpg
Sweet set up!!! Thanks for sharing.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You likely won’t fit a bucket seat…I have the zieg driver and Euroster passenger. The bucket is very tight. Like 145lbs only tight…I had sparco in the past(bucket), and fit those fine. But I can’t fit the bride ones…they aren’t made for America. It’s really Japanese body type.

you are looking at $300 each for bracket/slider besides the price of the seats.

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You likely won’t fit a bucket seat…I have the zieg driver and Euroster passenger. The bucket is very tight. Like 145lbs only tight…I had sparco in the past(bucket), and fit those fine. But I can’t fit the bride ones…they aren’t made for America. It’s really Japanese body type.

you are looking at $300 each for bracket/slider besides the price of the seats.
I daily drove in a sparco pro 2000 seat. I barely fit at OPS dimensions. I had a size 36 waist atm. If you can, find a parts dealer and sit in their seats.
Sponsored