StapledPaper

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe 10th Gen.
Country flag
I'm looking to buy some D2 Lowering Springs and I wanted to get some opinions on the product from anyone who might already be running them. I've heard nothing but good things about D2 but I've never ran lowering springs, always a full coil kit. Figured I wouldn't need a coil kit with the si since it has the "sport suspension" so I'm curious about the D2 Springs. Opinions?
Sponsored

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I like mine a lot. Depending on your roads and wheel set up, youā€™re going to get some rub when you hit dips, but no rub at full turn or even spirited driving over an on ramp. The springs are noticeably stiffer than stock and I also like that I can use the ADS still to make it even stiffer when needed. Most of the time Iā€™ll run ADS off since the springs are stiff enough for me and the ride can be a little jarring on some roads, but when I really want to get aggressive on turns, its nice to be able to stiffen the dampers on nicer roads at the touch of a button.

Aesthetics wise, its my favorite looking drop and definitely the most inches compared to what else is on the market spring wise. At this point, Iā€™d only go coilovers when my dampers give out or I start autocrossing my car.

They are also really easy to install since you wonā€™t need a spring compressor to put the springs on, but only to get OEM springs off. No trimming of bump stops or anything. Only thing to be aware of is it will camber out the rears more than front, so if you want full use of your tires, get rear camber arms as well.

OP
OP
StapledPaper

StapledPaper

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe 10th Gen.
Country flag
I like mine a lot. Depending on your roads and wheel set up, youā€™re going to get some rub when you hit dips, but no rub at full turn or even spirited driving over an on ramp. The springs are noticeably stiffer than stock and I also like that I can use the ADS still to make it even stiffer when needed. Most of the time Iā€™ll run ADS off since the springs are stiff enough for me and the ride can be a little jarring on some roads, but when I really want to get aggressive on turns, its nice to be able to stiffen the dampers on nicer roads at the touch of a button.

Aesthetics wise, its my favorite looking drop and definitely the most inches compared to what else is on the market spring wise. At this point, Iā€™d only go coilovers when my dampers give out or I start autocrossing my car.

They are also really easy to install since you wonā€™t need a spring compressor to put the springs on, but only to get OEM springs off. No trimming of bump stops or anything. Only thing to be aware of is it will camber out the rears more than front, so if you want full use of your tires, get rear camber arms as well.
Thank you, this pretty much sums up everything I had questions on lol

kyeohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
what that guy said plus, heres a picture of my car to give you an idea of the drop
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone Running D2 Lowering Springs? Axiyoa0

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone Running D2 Lowering Springs? SW4F5Qd

Rides nice and looks great. And his warnings are true. Depending on your wheel set up and roads, you will rub so thats something to think about if you're concerned about it.

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really enjoy mine. Installed them Thursday. Threw on my SPC RCA's got the rear dialed in, did my alignment Friday and then took a trip down to SD. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a drop without sacrificing comfort.

Deleted member

These look great. Definitely moved up on my list of mods to do next. Assuming no suspension mods and stock wheels and tires what are we looking at in terms of rub?

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These look great. Definitely moved up on my list of mods to do next. Assuming no suspension mods and stock wheels and tires what are we looking at in terms of rub?
Not at all. After adjusting the small camber it gives in the rear. Iā€™m ok without having spacers too. Depends on your preference of adding rear camber arms, but they still stood planted. IMO itā€™s not much at all, but I already had ordered the kit ahead of time so I might as well of thrown em on before my alignment.

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I read about a guy trimming the bumpstops when he installed these. Thoughts? Do you guys feel like it hits the bumpstops a lot? Might be a good idea to regain a bit of travel. Not much though, maybe trim like an inch or less.
Same, my buddy and thought about doing but we were working out in the SoCal sun and just decided not to.

imran_fc1

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys, Iā€™m trying to avoid some grey areas with some reviews Iā€™ve been reading. I track my car so I want to know if these actually perform better than stock, or if there are other springs that do perform better for the SI than the D2ā€™s. Iā€™m referring to things like aggressive cornering, not how well it applies to daily driving, though I do daily my car. I heard that they are comfortable for daily driving so that isnā€™t my concern for these springs. My goal is stiffness (without having to go with coilovers). The main things I need to know are:

ā€¢ Are they bouncy or firm when driving (or do they just seem stiff because the shocks bottom out when going over bumps....)

ā€¢ Is body roll reduced when taking aggressive turns (if so, is it a big difference?)

ā€¢ Are they really tough on the shocks? I know that if theyā€™re bouncy, thatā€™ll probably mess them up pretty bad

If anyone comes across this comment and has the D2 lowering springs, shed some light on this!!!! The Eibach Pro Kit doesnā€™t appeal to me much based on how little of a drop they offer and that they really arenā€™t all that aggressive for handling (I feel like a sway bar would help out more than those springs would)

Arturosan

First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heres a couple pics of the sedan:

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg
Would you happen to have side pictures with a bit better lighting bro? Having some issues with my coilovers and Iā€™ve been considering lowering springs. How much of a gap do you have after the springs settle?