Anyone running non ethanol super unleaded?

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
I have been running all of my vehicles on non ethanol for quite a while off and on and it's incredible the difference it made on some. I literally picked up 4 to 6 mpg and more hp on one vehicle and about 2 mpg gain on the others (my pickup didn't care...so I still run cheap in it). I still have yet to take delivery of my Si, but am wondering if anyone is running non-ethanol fuel.

We run it 100% in our chainsaws, weed whacker, lawn mowers, generators etc. It is highly recommended to use this type of fuel on all your small gas engines also. Ethanol sitting around in fuel plays havoc on engines, hoses, carbs, etc..
Sponsored

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hard to find pure gasoline here, unless you go to a boat marina. Interesting to try it, but I wonder if you'd miss out on the detergent additives in top tier fuel.

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hard to find pure gasoline here, unless you go to a boat marina. Interesting to try it, but I wonder if you'd miss out on the detergent additives in top tier fuel.
After I've driven a good five to six hundred miles for a good baseline and getting used to the car, I will run it back to back for a few tanks of it and see. I detest the 10% blend fuels. If we had E85, it would be different...but that isn't available anywhere I live...not even within 100 miles or I'd run my street/track turbo car on it.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unlike your two cycle engines, these engines love ethanol. They are designed for it and run better with it. I specifically avoid non-ethanol fuel.

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unlike your two cycle engines, these engines love ethanol. They are designed for it and run better with it. I specifically avoid non-ethanol fuel.
Not so much anything to do with 2 or 4 stroke. Ethanol fuel waters up. It also gums up carburetors and fuel lines. It stiffens plastic and rubber parts leading to failures and clogged fuel systems. It's evil for anything that has gas in it for more than a couple of weeks.

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have only run non-ethanol 91 in all my cars for well over 20 years. I have never been a fan until I bought the Civic. As per tuners recommendation, now I only use 94E10 and it runs like a champ. There is no denying its benefits in turbo applications. More power and less pulling of timing from the cooling effect in the combustion chamber. There have been several tests in the Subaru forums comparing 94E0 to 94E10 and there is no comparison. It won't give you the best mileage but it will give you the best power. I still wouldn't run it in my lawnmower or NA but for forced induction, its the cats meow.

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have only run non-ethanol 91 in all my cars for well over 20 years. I have never been a fan until I bought the Civic. As per tuners recommendation, now I only use 94E10 and it runs like a champ. There is no denying its benefits in turbo applications. More power and less pulling of timing from the cooling effect in the combustion chamber. There have been several tests in the Subaru forums comparing 94E0 to 94E10 and there is no comparison. It won't give you the best mileage but it will give you the best power. I still wouldn't run it in my lawnmower or NA but for forced induction, its the cats meow.
Right on right on. I do believe this will be my first car I won't feel bad about running E10 in. Saves me some $$ too. Non ethanol ain't cheap.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
All fuels here in So Cal contain mileage robbing Ethanol unfortunately!
So far it's 10%

fitftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CBR300R
I've had ethanol fuel sit non-stabilized in my bike for 6 months, three years in a row. Never had a problem. Ethanol is nothing to worry about.

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
All fuels here in So Cal contain mileage robbing Ethanol unfortunately!
So far it's 10%
It all depends what you're looking for. Mileage or power. That mileage robbing ethanol is also power producing ethanol. I don't know how much mileage is being robbed as I can still get up to 50 mpg in my travels with 22lbs of boost.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not so much anything to do with 2 or 4 stroke. Ethanol fuel waters up. It also gums up carburetors and fuel lines. It stiffens plastic and rubber parts leading to failures and clogged fuel systems. It's evil for anything that has gas in it for more than a couple of weeks.
I apologize if it came across like that. Only non-ethanol for my strokes as well. While I admit that I haven't done much shopping for any new 2-stroke products lately, I've never seen one that recommended fuel with an ethanol component. I had a new Husqvarna leaf blower leaking fuel in months several years ago and learned my lesson then. :)
Sponsored