Anyone with a bigger turbo upgrade in Europe?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And that's what she made.
Still on stock clutch, so torque is really dialed down before 3500rpm although the turbo just wants to fly past 2900rpm or so ...

27Won Intake with race maf
Wagner intercooler with piping
Custom 2.5" catted downpipe by hondasport.gr
Custom hybrid TD03 turbo by hondasport.gr
Custom KTuner tune by hondasport.gr

The 2.5" catted downpipe has allowed for steady power supply until very high in the rpm range, so it has accomplished the intended task.
Up to 265 was quite consistent on RON100 pump gas with minimal KC movement, but adding just a splash of fuel octane additive yielded up to 274 max whp that carried to redline despite the base engine.
20210427_181435.jpg

Very nice! Does anyone know what RON100 gas would equal to octane wise in the United States?

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
If I'm not too mistaken, it's close to the 93 octane gas found in the US

Reactions: Myx

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Very nice! Does anyone know what RON100 gas would equal to octane wise in the United States?
I downloaded the technical data from 3 gas companies here and manually calculated us equivalent octane. 2 where 93 and one 93.5

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I'm not too mistaken, it's close to the 93 octane gas found in the US
Thanks Varge! May be sending you a PM or two. :)

I downloaded the technical data from 3 gas companies here and manually calculated us equivalent octane. 2 where 93 and one 93.5
Great! Thanks IvanCivix.

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
100 RON is around 95 octane (R+M/2) 98 RON is closer to 93 octane (R+M/2)

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And that's what she made.
Still on stock clutch, so torque is really dialed down before 3500rpm although the turbo just wants to fly past 2900rpm or so ...

27Won Intake with race maf
Wagner intercooler with piping
Custom 2.5" catted downpipe by hondasport.gr
Custom hybrid TD03 turbo by hondasport.gr
Custom KTuner tune by hondasport.gr

The 2.5" catted downpipe has allowed for steady power supply until very high in the rpm range, so it has accomplished the intended task.
Up to 265 was quite consistent on RON100 pump gas with minimal KC movement, but adding just a splash of fuel octane additive yielded up to 274 max whp that carried to redline despite the base engine.
20210427_181435.jpg
For those who have played GTA, the following Greek word is not foreign: malaka ! So we are talking 300hp on stock engine, stock clutch. That is serious numbers, quite consistent graphs also, especially torque is practically flat. Amazing stuff!

Last edited:

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Here's the plot in full size. Dashed is a "conservative" tune that runs consistently at 0.49KC on my RON100 pump gas even after many back to back dyno pulls and 100-200km/h street pulls.
Solid is a crunchy tune that pushes KC and may not be a good idea to run daily. The engine is knock limited at this point as adding a splash of octane booster allows for KC .49 at the 270whp power level with some room.
Even with the 260whp tune, the usable powerband is simply fantastic and a joy to drive, being amazingly linear and allowing to rev the engine up to 6800rpm without losing power.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone with a bigger turbo upgrade in Europe? T2DPfinal

OP
OP
David228cx

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
Well, the tune is finished now. I gotta say, I'm liking it a lot. It still pulls very decently from below but the punch comes from 3K rpm onwards. All the way to the redline without fading.

Very drivable, very dailyable but lots of power to go to the track or have fun in the twisties. It feels stock-ish up until 3K rpm. RPM limit was increased to 6800 I think. So a liiitle bit of extra play with each gear.

It appears I'm "knock limited" by the fuel quality. I use 98 RON octane gasoline. But on hard pulls knock might go up to 0.55 and if it's vey hot (as these days are here in Spain) even a bit more. But it decreases very rapidly when cruising on the highway.
This is with the artificial knock rise removed. So it's actual knock activity being detected.

I will use 100 OCTANE RON for track days. It appears to keep it much lower or not moving at all.

Fuel consumption is even better than it was with the TSP Stage 1. You can really get 6 litres / 100km very easily.

I don't yet know how much power I make with the setup. My buttdyno would suggest somewhere in between 270-280whp, maybe?

Anyone else around here with the PRL Kit or some other?

Last edited:
OP
OP
David228cx

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
So, another update, this is not my car, but one of a good friend. It's a 2017 FK7 sport plus hatch with forged rods & pistons, FX300 clutch and a TD04 hybrid (similar flow to a W1) on stock fuel system.
More than 290whp and 40kgm wtq on a dynapack on RON100 fuel!

This one's a lil' f@kn beast :)

FK7-TD04-293whp.jpg
What other mods does your friend have? Is it still running ok?