A/C System Fail in European Cars

vtecr

First Name
FK
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
So your car was out of warranty?
My car is still in warranty but once they can eliminate physical damage as a cause and can attribute it to design/manufacturing fault, they'll cover it regardless of warranty status. I'm not sure if there's a limit to how far out of warranty or how old the car can be but that's just the info I got.

Advertisement

Lifesabeach

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
I will be taking a 2 year extended warranty at the end of August to cover this as I have seen on here that the compressor can also fail, which would expensive to say the least.

OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
I will be taking a 2 year extended warranty at the end of August to cover this as I have seen on here that the compressor can also fail, which would expensive to say the least.
Good idea. Also the evaporator can fail and thats at least 5 hours of work to replace because the WHOLE dashboard must be removed first.

Lifesabeach

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Ouch, 5 hours at dealer rates plus the part and thats the price of a 2 year extended warranty in one job. Off the top of my head I think 2 years extra comes in at around £900, alot of money but AC is expensive to fix.

OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Ouch, 5 hours at dealer rates plus the part and thats the price of a 2 year extended warranty in one job. Off the top of my head I think 2 years extra comes in at around £900, alot of money but AC is expensive to fix.
Mine was i think under 400€, however they dont cover everything, but like around 60-90% of the price of the parts and always 100% of the labour. (Percentage for the parts depends on the miles in the car)

OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
There are 2 levels of warranty and the one I will be taking is for years 4 & 5 which is an extension to the manufacturers original warranty so everything should be included as per the original warranty, I have posted a link below from Honda UK website.

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/extended-guarantee.html
That wasnt not option for me in Germany, because i bought the car used with 1800km from the dealer (the honda dealer was the first user too, it was a demo/company car). That’s why I have the other “garantie” that was not that expensive but I have to pay some dedutcible.

Advertisement

Advertisement