Anyone in europe/uk running hondata flashpro??

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Hi guys,

Soon to try hondata and just want to know is thier any specific set up or options we have to have enabled for it to run on our platform?

From looking at the maf calibration it is the same as ktuners but does not have the option of adjusted top end scale for our ecu's, so straight away i know i will be running rich at WOT.

Also with my new current intake bolt ons ( 27won intake / turbo inlet) i think this may need a custom tune to adjust airflow and keep trims in place.

If anyone has / is running the flash pro what bolt ons do you have ?

Also im a 2018 civic sport hatch so would the uk 2016 hatch calibrations be the ones for my car?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As for the the calibrations write down your ecu code , and check that against the tunes.You might need another tune depending on what ecu your car uses.They all have the ecu codes listed .
My ecu code ended with G32 so i needed the one with g32 in it

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As for the the calibrations write down your ecu code , and check that against the tunes.You might need another tune depending on what ecu your car uses.They all have the ecu codes listed .
My ecu code ended with G32 so i needed the one with g32 in it
Ok cool so my ecu ends in G23 and from the 2016 uk 1.5T theres +3 +6 +9 psi and loads of others for AEM and injen intakes then the factory.

Which one are you running please? Aee you on stock parts?

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok cool so my ecu ends in G23 and from the 2016 uk 1.5T theres +3 +6 +9 psi and loads of others for AEM and injen intakes then the factory.

Which one are you running please? Aee you on stock parts?
I never ran the hondata unit ,i bought it and changed my mind .But i asked Hondata on what tune to use back then and they said the one my ecu code has.Because there wasn't a 1.5t civic europe version ,only civic Uk version and also no sedan only hatch...
Best to ask hondata themself ;)

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hi guys,

Soon to try hondata and just want to know is thier any specific set up or options we have to have enabled for it to run on our platform?

From looking at the maf calibration it is the same as ktuners but does not have the option of adjusted top end scale for our ecu's, so straight away i know i will be running rich at WOT.

Also with my new current intake bolt ons ( 27won intake / turbo inlet) i think this may need a custom tune to adjust airflow and keep trims in place.

If anyone has / is running the flash pro what bolt ons do you have ?

Also im a 2018 civic sport hatch so would the uk 2016 hatch calibrations be the ones for my car?

Thanks!
I'm not from Europe but I used Flashpro for 8 months before switching to KTuner. I also self-tuned so I know Flashpro tables.

My car is CVT. We don't have manual transmission sold in South East Asia. Hondata Flashpro torque limiter doesn't work well with my ECU as it limits my calibration unless I set torque limit the same as manual transmission calibration.

MAF calibration is the same as KTuner. You need to adjust both MAF and WOT Enrichment to avoid running rich at WOT. This is the same case with Flashpro. In Flashpro, I adjusted WOT lambda adjustment and AFM. MAF calibration range includes WOT. WOT MAF calibration within 3.87 to 5.00 voltage MAF range.

If you are using race MAF other than PRL Race MAF, you will have to do custom tune. This is also the same for both KTuner and Hondata Flashpro. Both KTuner and Flashpro provided preset for PRL Race MAF.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not from Europe but I used Flashpro for 8 months before switching to KTuner. I also self-tuned so I know Flashpro tables.

My car is CVT. We don't have manual transmission sold in South East Asia. Hondata Flashpro torque limiter doesn't work well with my ECU as it limits my calibration unless I set torque limit the same as manual transmission calibration.

MAF calibration is the same as KTuner. You need to adjust both MAF and WOT Enrichment to avoid running rich at WOT. This is the same case with Flashpro. In Flashpro, I adjusted WOT lambda adjustment and AFM. MAF calibration range includes WOT. WOT MAF calibration within 3.87 to 5.00 voltage MAF range.

If you are using race MAF other than PRL Race MAF, you will have to do custom tune. This is also the same for both KTuner and Hondata Flashpro. Both KTuner and Flashpro provided preset for PRL Race MAF.
Thankyou for that great information on the AFM calibration, so with regards to the lambda adjustment , i simply datalog then use the lambda overlay and see how much im running rich or lean and make slight adjustment then repeat correct? So is this for closed loop operations i.e when under wot and idle ?

And then i datalogg at w.o.t and i use the AFM calibration to adjust the top end where it runs rich?

Ive seen an example on hondata's help page its actually very good!

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thankyou for that great information on the AFM calibration, so with regards to the lambda adjustment , i simply datalog then use the lambda overlay and see how much im running rich or lean and make slight adjustment then repeat correct? So is this for closed loop operations i.e when under wot and idle ?

And then i datalogg at w.o.t and i use the AFM calibration to adjust the top end where it runs rich?

Ive seen an example on hondata's help page its actually very good!
Your datalog should reflect both normal driving, which reflect most of close loop trim, & WOT. I did 2 session (normal inner city driving & WOT) seperately because I'm new to tuning so I need to be sure.

If AFR is good, I only make adjustments to MAF. My version of ECU has no LTFT reading. It would be easier if you have LTFT reading.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your datalog should reflect both normal driving, which reflect most of close loop trim, & WOT. I did 2 session (normal inner city driving & WOT) seperately because I'm new to tuning so I need to be sure.

If AFR is good, I only make adjustments to MAF. My version of ECU has no LTFT reading. It would be easier if you have LTFT reading.
Oh i see, i will do two data logs then so i have both parts of data.

How do you know if AFR is good? Do you mean if fuel trims are within + - 5% when cruising and at idle? And if they are not correct i simply use the enrichment table to ammend them correct?

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh i see, i will do two data logs then so i have both parts of data.

How do you know if AFR is good? Do you mean if fuel trims are within + - 5% when cruising and at idle? And if they are not correct i simply use the enrichment table to ammend them correct?
I would see if my AFR is within 14.7 range with +/5% variance during close loop and make sure AFR does not too rich during WOT. I try to keep AFR within 11 range during WOT.

My ECU doesn't have LTFT reading and this is the same in both KTuner and Flashpro so fuel trim adjustment a bit more difficult with STFT. If you have LTFT reading, you need to adjust and bring LTFT within +/-5%.
Sponsored