Anyone with a bigger turbo upgrade in Europe?

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
@varge Did you used the billet "GTX11 " wheel from SVT on your " SI hybrid turbo" ?GTX billet wheel
I think that dyno chart looked the best of all with that flat torque curve from 3000 up to 5200rpm.Power curve also is really nice and doesn't really go down much in high rpm.

Power wise 250whp is perfect for me and that turbo seems to do the job perfect.How was the heat from the turbo holding up ?High iat's?
It was a similar style billet blade from Melett UK.
I know the plot on the Si+ looked nicer, but the TD03 hybrid will beat it on the street any time and the difference in spool is marginal. It's also easier to extract 250ish from the larger variant by running a more conservative tune (my map2 on the TD03 is 250ish and even works ok with RON95)

I never had any heat issues with any of the turbo setups that I tried. The Wagner did an excellent job with all of them and IAT2's always stayed 5-7C above ambient. IAT's were also unaffected on both the Mishimoto and the 27Won /w street MAF.

PS : I may be selling my Si+ if anyone is interested you can drop me a PM :)
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know the plot on the Si+ looked nicer, but the TD03 hybrid will beat it on the street any time and the difference in spool is marginal. It's also easier to extract 250ish from the larger variant by running a more conservative tune (my map2 on the TD03 is 250ish and even works ok with RON95)

I never had any heat issues with any of the turbo setups that I tried. The Wagner did an excellent job with all of them and IAT2's always stayed 5-7C above ambient. IAT's were also unaffected on both the Mishimoto and the 27Won /w street MAF.

Ah ok great but is it really worth it to be doing the TD03 conversion ?Seems to me that the total cost would come close to a genuine MHI upgrade turbo .If you need to buy a used turbo ,conversion kit ,machine work and rebuild the turbo you looking at 1200-1300euro i guess.
The MHI upgrade now cost 1424euro at turbozentrum.De

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah ok great but is it really worth it to be doing the TD03 conversion ?Seems to me that the total cost would come close to a genuine MHI upgrade turbo .If you need to buy a used turbo ,conversion kit ,machine work and rebuild the turbo you looking at 1200-1300euro i guess.
The MHI upgrade now cost 1424euro at turbozentrum.De
I do not understand the price difference between hondaperformances.com and turbozentrum.de

The first is 2340€ and the second is 1424€, almost 1000€. Huge difference. Both EU and no customs charges.

After varge's tests, its obvious that the W1 can do a lot more but it makes better sense if the rev limiter is increased along with ideally a built engine. For 1500€, the MHI makes more sense since the car will spool from low revs and gain a few hp at the top. At 2340€ however, its pure nonsense.

I guess a race maf + MHI TD03 + downpipe is the best overall solution, with the 27WON TIP as the cherry on top. The FMIC is a given even on a otherwise stock engine. The OEM is rediculous to say the least. I guess I 've found my New Years Resolution, clutch+MHI TD03!

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know where hondaperformance is getting 2340€ from.The most expensive i saw was 1800 euro at the release of the turbo.Looks like he imports them from America that could explain the price,but would be dumb...
Anyway i would just buy from turbozentrum.de they are a reliable shop.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Hondanickx

Well I think it would cost a tad lower than 1000€ to source and convert a used stock turbo, and you get the benefit of more compressor wheel options (the MHI is a bit small compared to available TD03 options). That will depend on labor cost (in Greece I think it is quite lower than workshops in the northern EU)

You can also converts yours and save some cash, or find someone that might accept a core exchange.

We have yet to see proper results from an MHI bolt-on and this was the main reason that I decided to experiment and cook (sic) my own turbo's :)

@Anger

given that you already have an Si turbo that can potentially get your well past 240whp, I think that the most efficient option by far is to put a small secret sauce on it to make it Si+ for 250ish and keep your cash for race fuel lol ;)

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A quick update that I just installed the 27Won Race MAF yesterday and after getting trims and fuel target in place, it does seem to pull better with the TD03 on the top-end.
There is the odd spike in STFT in very low speed traffic, but it does not affect driving, which remains very smooth.
Maf.V maxes out around 4v with my current boost targets, compared to 4.9v with the 27Won street MAF and 4.96v with the Mihsimoto.
The sound with the Race MAF is also a bit more pronounced, so this is a good benefit on top of the slight performance increase and far more stable WOT targets. Definitely recommended for TD03 sized power goals or larger.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, another update, this is not my car, but one of a good friend. It's a 2017 FK7 sport plus hatch with forged rods & pistons, FX300 clutch and a TD04 hybrid (similar flow to a W1) on stock fuel system.
More than 290whp and 40kgm wtq on a dynapack on RON100 fuel!

This one's a lil' f@kn beast :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone with a bigger turbo upgrade in Europe? FK7-TD04-293wh

Matej

First Name
Matej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 turbo hatchback
Country flag

Is the si turbo still available ?

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So there you go. The TD03 hybrid added power all over 5200+ rpm to the rev limit.

Still on stock clutch, dp/fp

T2_264whp.jpg
Sooo.... since the last time :
I replaced the Mishimoto SRI with a 27Won /w Race MAF
I replaced the stock DP/FP with a custom 2.5" catted downpipe and front pipe.

Visiting the dyno again today did not yield any significant changes until 5500rpm or so ... BUT I did gain ~6 max whp and power stayed flat until 6600rpm ... the delta at 6500rpm was more than 15whp ... plots to follow shortly

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, another update, this is not my car, but one of a good friend. It's a 2017 FK7 sport plus hatch with forged rods & pistons, FX300 clutch and a TD04 hybrid (similar flow to a W1) on stock fuel system.

FK7-TD04-293whp.jpg
This is a crazy difference in power and sustained power over the stock turbo. That TD04 hybrid is REALLY nice on top with very little loss down low. I like this.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

FK7-TD04-293whp.jpg
Could it be that Aggelos has figured out a W1 without the reliability issues of the cracked housing? If so, he should market it globally and keep one for me before the price skyrockets :p

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sooo.... since the last time :
I replaced the Mishimoto SRI with a 27Won /w Race MAF
I replaced the stock DP/FP with a custom 2.5" catted downpipe and front pipe.

Visiting the dyno again today did not yield any significant changes until 5500rpm or so ... BUT I did gain ~6 max whp and power stayed flat until 6600rpm ... the delta at 6500rpm was more than 15whp ... plots to follow shortly

What changes went into this td04 hybrid? CHRA? wheels? Housing?

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And that's what she made.
Still on stock clutch, so torque is really dialed down before 3500rpm although the turbo just wants to fly past 2900rpm or so ...

27Won Intake with race maf
Wagner intercooler with piping
Custom 2.5" catted downpipe by hondasport.gr
Custom hybrid TD03 turbo by hondasport.gr
Custom KTuner tune by hondasport.gr

The 2.5" catted downpipe has allowed for steady power supply until very high in the rpm range, so it has accomplished the intended task.
Up to 265 was quite consistent on RON100 pump gas with minimal KC movement, but adding just a splash of fuel octane additive yielded up to 274 max whp that carried to redline despite the base engine.
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone with a bigger turbo upgrade in Europe? 20210427_181435
Sponsored