CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Hello my civic is from 2020 and this year the ac pump was replaced at 28000 km or under warranty
So Probably even the 2020 models have ac problems. Great.
Sponsored

Digi

First Name
Dietger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 1.5 turbo hatchback 2020
Country flag
So Probably even the 2020 models have ac problems. Great.
yes i was fazed too when the ac stopped cooling only a year old hope this doesnt become a habit.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes i was fazed too when the ac stopped cooling only a year old hope this doesnt become a habit.
Mine is still working. After 3years and 3 months and 67.000 km. But i dont know for how long. I still have used car warranty (bought the car with 1800km, almost new) but that doesnt cover 100% of the expenses.

Digi

First Name
Dietger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 1.5 turbo hatchback 2020
Country flag
Mine is still working. After 3years and 3 months and 67.000 km. But i dont know for how long. I still have used car warranty (bought the car with 1800km, almost new) but that doesnt cover 100% of the expenses.
that's good to hear that it still works, I think that ac pump must have been of poor quality. For this I had bought a new Nissan and also had to replace the ac pump after 2 years, fortunately also under warranty.

JamesT

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
My 2018 FK8 AC didn't work when I bought the car last month. Honda still repairing for free through extended warranty for that part.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My 2018 FK8 AC didn't work when I bought the car last month. Honda still repairing for free through extended warranty for that part.
When in last month? How much time does it take them to repair?

JamesT

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I bought the car mid March. Went to my local Honda dealer the week after with the fault. They diagnosed condenser fault, and have sent me away whilst they order in parts from Belgium which could take some time.

Will be repaired at no cost - I guess Honda UK will pick up the bill!

thetracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK6 1.0T
Country flag
My car was built 2018, AC never really worked. My dealership changed the condensator, plus added refrigerant in mid 2021 and it finally worked. Now, after some sunny days in april, AC seems to work at 50% capacity... I honestly don't think the AC system of these cars is easily fixable, otherwise Honda would have had already a solid fix.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My car was built 2018, AC never really worked. My dealership changed the condensator, plus added refrigerant in mid 2021 and it finally worked. Now, after some sunny days in april, AC seems to work at 50% capacity... I honestly don't think the AC system of these cars is easily fixable, otherwise Honda would have had already a solid fix.
I have the same thoughts. The whole system is damned. When one component is fixed then one will break within a year or so. And the older the cars will be the harder it will be to maintain the AC system. And very expensive too.

Hatch86

First Name
Steffen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10 Hatchback Elegance
Country flag
Our AC was failing too..... 2018 Civic with 55000km.

System was completely empty, hopefully there is no damage to the compressor.
They changed the condenser and some other parts and refilled the system.
For now the AC is working...

JPG

First Name
Jean-Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5T (FK7), LR 06 TD5,07 S2K
Country flag
Is there a Honda Service Bulleting for the AC condensor issues ? Took it to the dealer last year and they just filed the ac system with Gas :( and now it already not cooling.

Hatch86

First Name
Steffen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10 Hatchback Elegance
Country flag
They need to contact Honda, its your condenser!

thetracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK6 1.0T
Country flag
Soooo, I took some more trips in hot weather (25-28C, sunny) and AC seems to work fine. Dealership checked the AC, including the quantity of gas and it is all fine, I was near the car when they hooked it to that AC-gas machine-thing. My previously bad experience might have been caused by me forgetting the ECON mode ON, dealer told me I have no chance requesting 21C with 27C outside and ECON activated... Still, the AC is bubling when I am shutting the car down, which sould point to not enough gas in the system but I will use it as is. If I have to recharge once in 2 years it is not half as bad.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sooo. It happened. Slowly, but surely. Pretty sure it’s not a mechanical damage. Dealer filled up with uv dye. I checked the condenser after just 1 day! Here are the photos I made. I don’t have OEM warranty anymore but they asked honda if they can replace the condenser for free or not.
As you can see there is oily dirt mear the area.

Honda Civic 10th gen A/C System Fail in European Cars 5232FFF0-047F-47C4-85E5-E33B0F7AE5B6

Honda Civic 10th gen A/C System Fail in European Cars 903F3277-4331-4F48-B61B-674CBEA4E607

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sooo. It happened. Slowly, but surely. Pretty sure it’s not a mechanical damage. Dealer filled up with uv dye. I checked the condenser after just 1 day! Here are the photos I made. I don’t have OEM warranty anymore but they asked honda if they can replace the condenser for free or not.
As you can see there is oily dirt mear the area.
What were the symptoms?
Sponsored