Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can wait a long time.I did the same ,there are almost none for sale in europe.I ended up buying a used one from a member on here.
Get it shipped with eBay global shipping ,so you pay taxes up front.
I believe my Total Came out to 370 euro with shipping and import taxes.
Sponsored

UniiqueTwiisT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT 2019
Country flag
Slight change of subject but considering I can't seem to find any mention of KTuner use in Europe anywhere else, has anyone had any warranty or finance related issues regarding KTuner use? I'm interested in it myself but currently on a PCP finance plan.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I finally installed my ktuner and it runs great.I was wondering what the Maf rescaling problems where that the European ecu have?
My dual starter map runs 11:1 10.8:1 at wot and all specs seems to be fine.
I might want to get the TSP stage 1 tune but need to know if the Maf rescaling is still a issue?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speak to any European MAF scaling issues but if you're thinking of upgrading to an OTS tune, consider the Phearable 1.5R as well. It's (IMO) superior to the TSP 1 for a few reasons:

First of all I've run them all. The base tunes are definitely a huge upgrade over stock. They feel super snappy down low. They tend to fizzle out up top though and overall aren't very smooth.

The TSP 1 is smoother and more refined and has a more potent top end. It's a nice upgrade over stock.

But the Phearable 1.5R is a near perfect OTS tune. It has the same potent top end as the TSP 1. But it's even smoother and more refined. It's so linear you almost wonder if there's a V6 under the hood. It starts out a little softer off the line than the base tunes but the power just builds and builds. Crazy smooth.

The main reason I recommend the 1.5R is that is has the artificial knock control removal option. If you don't know, Honda raises knock control artificially on your model anytime you go over 5200 rpm. It's meant to protect your engine from poor gas being used.

The problem is, if you're on high quality premium gas, this "feature" unnecessarily reduces timing meaning your car becomes slower. With the artificial knock removed, your car will feel more potent pull after pull.

As far as any Euopean MAF issues, contact TSP and Phearable directly. They are both top notch companies and will let you know honestly if there are still problems.

Side note: All tuned European owners should be a part of my tuning experience & reliability thread (link in my signature).

Last edited:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't speak to any European MAF scaling issues but if you're thinking of upgrading to an OTS tune, consider the Phearable 1.5R as well. It's (IMO) superior to the TSP 1 for a few reasons:

First of all I've run them all. The base tunes are definitely a huge upgrade over stock. They feel super snappy down low. They tend to fizzle out up top though and overall aren't very smooth.

The TSP 1 is smoother and more refined and has a more potent top end. It's a nice upgrade over stock.

But the Phearable 1.5R is a near perfect OTS tune. It has the same potent top end as the TSP 1. But it's even smoother and more refined. It's so linear you almost wonder if there's a V6 under the hood. It starts out a little softer off the line than the base tunes but the power just builds and builds. Crazy smooth.

The main reason I recommend the 1.5R is that is has the artificial knock control removal option. If you don't know, Honda raises knock control artificially on your model anytime you go over 5200 rpm. It's meant to protect your engine from poor gas being used.

The problem is, if you're on high quality premium gas, this "feature" unnecessarily reduces timing meaning your car becomes slower. With the artificial knock removed, your car will feel more potent pull after pull.

As far as any Euopean MAF issues, contact TSP and Phearable directly. They are both top notch companies and will let you know honestly if there are still problems.

Side note: All tuned European owners should be a part of my tuning experience & reliability thread (link in my signature).
I asked Tsp about this allready and they said I need to have a custom tune.
I have a 5AW-G32 ecu which is in their list and I know some of the european guys here which ran the Tsp stage 1 tune got their maf rescaled by Derrick after they bought the tune.(For free?)I know a custom tune will always be the best ,but I don't want to spend that much money yet.Specially since I first want to buy a upgraded intercooler.
I'll talk to phearable too and see what they will say.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I also asked phearable the same question and they told me my ECU 5AW-G32 doesn't run in closed loop at WOT and so it could use their 1.5R tune without any problems.
Weird that TSP doesn't mention this ,They list the same ecu number for their stage 1 tune.
Sponsored