theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I posted this the other day but likely in the wrong thread.

Here is an interesting situation from yesterday. After reading about the artificial knock control disable I decided to flash back and use it for the last few days. I've been running TSP1 for almost 23k miles on map 3. After the flash back, It seemed ok for the first day. After that, I started getting a consistent -10 fuel trim and knock running at .55 to .67 and it stayed that way for a few days. I thought maybe I just had a bad tank of gas. I flashed back to TSP1 yesterday (same tank of gas) and knock was back down to .49 and fuel trims were almost perfect (-2). I admit I don't know how I am supposed to interpret this information, but it was an interesting observation.
Sponsored

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Varge... why do you think it would affect low rpm knock control? At this point it seems as though based on what we know it's something coincidental.

Or are you implying there's an issue within the KTuner software itself?
I got the same problem, the ecu seems to be more sensitive during partial throttle.
It could be coincidence or indirect effect but something is different here

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
I posted this the other day but likely in the wrong thread.

Here is an interesting situation from yesterday. After reading about the artificial knock control disable I decided to flash back and use it for the last few days. I've been running TSP1 for almost 23k miles on map 3. After the flash back, It seemed ok for the first day. After that, I started getting a consistent -10 fuel trim and knock running at .55 to .67 and it stayed that way for a few days. I thought maybe I just had a bad tank of gas. I flashed back to TSP1 yesterday (same tank of gas) and knock was back down to .49 and fuel trims were almost perfect (-2). I admit I don't know how I am supposed to interpret this information, but it was an interesting observation.
91 or 93? Which setting of ktuner? (turbo spool, part throttle, ramp)

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
93, Ktuner all most aggressive, advanced VSA, artificial knock control and early spool enabled.
I have the same settings with Starter 1 base map 18 psi and experiencing almost the same thing....

Last edited:

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Varge... why do you think it would affect low rpm knock control? At this point it seems as though based on what we know it's something coincidental.

Or are you implying there's an issue within the KTuner software itself?
@gtman too many coincidences and something may require further investigation.
There are far too many reports of KC being more sensitive at part throttle by disabling artificial KC. Some written in the forum and some discussed outside.
It may be an indirect implication or not, how could I know. I'm just saying that something out of the usual is showing up and it should be searched.
That's all.

Barticus520

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic sport touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For me knock control stays around .48-.49 and sometimes goes .65 but that’s the highest on phearable tune. Aggressive 21 starter tune with the knock control it is about the same. Two huge differences between the two and why I’m using phearable still.

1. Phearable is more linear at power delivery with my LTFT staying-2 to 0. main reason I’m still using it.

2. starter tune loses top end power and my LTFT is crazy. One drive it stays at or around -2 to 2. Then another drive I look
and see -14. That’s the worse so far and happened only once.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It's a funny thing. I was the one pushing KTuner to add this feature but I enjoy the Phearable tune so much I still haven't reverted back to a basemap with the artificial rise removal. Best tune I've used and my long term fuel trims stay close to 0. What more could you ask for?

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
@gtman too many coincidences and something may require further investigation.
There are far too many reports of KC being more sensitive at part throttle by disabling artificial KC.
This happens to me even before disabling artificial knock increase is available. The only way to stop this from happening is to make MAF scaling slightly rich in the affected areas.

This could also be ECU specific problem that KTuner needs to investigate.

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it better top to bottom or are you just talking about off the line response? There's no doubt TSP and Phearable feel super soft down low.
Is it better top to bottom or are you just talking about off the line response? There's no doubt TSP and Phearable feel super soft down low.
i was only driving in the city while testing it but off the line 100% feels better. But once I get a chance to go on the highway I’ll let you know about the top to bottom

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
i was only driving in the city while testing it but off the line 100% feels better. But once I get a chance to go on the highway I’ll let you know about the top to bottom
Oh I know how it feels. No need.

I prefer the more linear feel of the ots tunes.

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
This happens to me even before disabling artificial knock increase is available. The only way to stop this from happening is to make MAF scaling slightly rich in the affected areas.

This could also be ECU specific problem that KTuner needs to investigate.
I had the same partial throttle knock elevation issue. After so many trials and errors ı agree with you. When I decreased the maf airflow at 2.15v to correct fuel trims knock control goes crazy sometimes while jusy cruising at a steady speed. Now i left those voltages at stock values which are richer, the problem seemed solved.

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
It's a funny thing. I was the one pushing KTuner to add this feature but I enjoy the Phearable tune so much I still haven't reverted back to a basemap with the artificial rise removal. Best tune I've used and my long term fuel trims stay close to 0. What more could you ask for?
How can a tune affect fuel trims more than the other if both tunes have the same maf scaling? What else affects fuel trims other than maf scaling?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We don't alter MAF scaling or part throttle ignition in any way. If your particular setup calls for adjustments to the base tuning you have the full control to do so or there are plenty of professional tuners out there who can help.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
We don't alter MAF scaling or part throttle ignition in any way. If your particular setup calls for adjustments to the base tuning you have the full control to do so or there are plenty of professional tuners out there who can help.
What I was trying to say is that disable artificial knock rise feature had nothing to do with part throttle knock control elevation because partial knock control issue had happened to me before the feature was available.

I was trying to say that partial knock control issue could be ECU specific bug that KTuner may want to check because I didn't experience this issue with the other tuning platform.
Sponsored