Starter Dual Target 21 PSI without any quick adjustments?

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I already googled quite a bit and also searched in the forums, but couldn't find an answer to my question:

What happens if I upload the Starter Dual target 21 PSI to my ECU, without changing anything in the quick adjustments?

Will there be any difference to driving without the tune? Meaning are there any improvements or is everything exactly as before?

I'm planing on doing an idle adjustment only and don't need more PSI, better throttle response etc. thats what's why I'm asking.

Hopefilly my question didn't got lost due to translation...
Sponsored

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Even without quick adjustment your driving Experience will be completely different from stock. The tune itself removes many factory limitations and it's working in the background.

You can also try the stock boost tune from ktuner which is very different from the factory tune.

OP
OP
GermanCivic

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know that the top speed limitation will be removed. But what else?

I'm slowly cruising most of the time and don't want to go fast and specifically not want to worsen my good gas mileage, that's why I'm asking. :)

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Perfectly fine. Are you only tuning for idle rpm? What are you looking for?

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Then i would set eco and normal with stock psi target and all quick adjustment on default

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
In my experience with cvt, quick adjustments make the car feel inconsistent for city driving. I just run 21psi with only early spool turned on, and it seems the smoothest. Early spool and quick spool feels more responsive than turning up throttle response and part throttle response. You gotta try and see what you like best.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
In my experience with cvt, quick adjustments make the car feel inconsistent for city driving. I just run 21psi with only early spool turned on, and it seems the smoothest. Early spool and quick spool feels more responsive than turning up throttle response and part throttle response. You gotta try and see what you like best.
Very interesting, I'm trying to reach a better smoothness for city driving and i experienced better results with lower settings.

Do you use improved spool 2 without part throttle responsiveness?

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
Now I run everything at factory setting except for early spool and artificial knock controlls disabled. When you look at the part throttle and throttle responsiveness numbers, they already reach 100% long before wot. To me, factory setting feel more linear. Car surges too lich when I max out everything.
Very interesting, I'm trying to reach a better smoothness for city driving and i experienced better results with lower settings.

Do you use improved spool 2 without part throttle responsiveness?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
21psi tune makes more power, as it requires higher grade fuel and calls for more boost, timing, etc. The quick adjustments are purely optional but enhance how the car feels under acceleration and how the power is delivered. If you just want to edit the idle RPM, you can run one of the other tunes that aren't "Stage #" and modify your idle RPM, etc. and not have the same fueling or timing requirements as what the 21psi tune calls for.

OP
OP
GermanCivic

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
21psi tune makes more power, as it requires higher grade fuel and calls for more boost, timing, etc. The quick adjustments are purely optional but enhance how the car feels under acceleration and how the power is delivered.
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought as long as you don't change the quick adjustments, that there is no tuning.

OP
OP
GermanCivic

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Then i would set eco and normal with stock psi target and all quick adjustment on default
Thanks. I've seen your post too late, I had he tune already uploaded. I chose custom boost level instead of factory boost level.

But at least the car feels great and I haven't noticed drawback on the fuel economy yet.

OP
OP
GermanCivic

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I changed nothing but the idle target and those quick adjustments below and the CVTs feels better than ever before:

Honda Civic 10th gen Starter Dual Target 21 PSI without any quick adjustments? IMG_20220604_111715

I haven't had a rough stop and go trip yet on which I need 60 minutes for just 4 miles.... But as I noticed the CVT feels a lot smoother than before. Maybe it's the placebo effect, who knows.

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
I'm running 21psi and I dont really notice decreased gas mileage. It really brings out the low end torque and you need less throttle input.
Sponsored