Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed something interesting. With my Hondata tune my readings stayed fairly consistent at .54 on 93 octane. The only time it shot up was with hot weather and WOT runs.

With Ktuner on the same gas, it fluctuates quite a bit. It will be at .49 and just a light blip of the throttle will send it up a few points, especially up hills. On a single WOT run it will go from .49 to .70+. I do live in a hilly area. Is the constant fluctuation because the Ktuner tunes run more timing than Hondata ones?
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone?

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Interested in replies also. Mine has
Never gone above .60, but occasionally I will start the car after work, drive for a minute or so and look and it is at .52-.53 and that is drivign like a grandma for the first minute or two.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Is the constant fluctuation because the Ktuner tunes run more timing than Hondata ones?
Must be it or Hondata calculates it differently. I have all stock no tunes yet and it's sitting at 0.49 with 93 octane. Sometimes rarely it blips to 0.52-0.54 for a couple of minutes without any throttle exercises at all, just a hot day and stop and go traffic going to Home Depot or Walmart.
It does not blip when going hard uphill for a short time on a hilly road. Definitely not when it's cool up there. It needs more exercise.
I don't record, but the highest I caught it was 0.59 recently when a SUV suddenly woke up and attempted to chase me on a couple of miles long freeway incline. Went almost 100 mph uphill, but there was never a need for WOT (for me that is, I'm sure he floored it). It was around 85 -87 F.

Generally, it seems like the heat (higher IAT caused by some low speed periods) makes it go up easier than the throttle by itself. That happens easily when going fast and then much slower on a hot day.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Just reviving this because it pertains to the following question which we may not get an answer to but Ill ask anyway..........

Its been stated elsewhere that ktuner "keeps the knock control system functioning as designed" and this is why ktuner shows more movement with these numbers but everything is fine. Im curious what hondata could be doing differently that keeps the knock control so steady? Or is it numbed by them without our knowledge?

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Another interesting point is that knock control is pretty high with the stock tune, or so I've heard!
Sponsored