CStew81

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Sounds good. I find it interesting that your torque is about spot on with where mine was (292) and also quite a bit higher than the OPs

Your chart suggests substantially lower HP and TQ though? Looks like 247/258?

Your AFR seems -really- dangerously low?
Correct the chart suggests that, but you have to add 13% to those numbers with a mustang dyno.

And I know, If I can remember correctly I'm pretty sure we weren't measuring proper AFR this day. Luckily I have a JB4 NOW and my AFR is around 14.8 at idol.
Sponsored

Sole_serious

First Name
Longo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Is the seats different Or still the same? Any pictures

Yes they do. I've owned a 2017 and now I own a 2020. The seats in the 2020 are bigger. I'm not sure exactly by how much but they are definitely bigger(meaning wider). Way more comfortable.

OP
OP

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It's the same part number.
It might be the same part number but it's NOT the same seat. Believe me or not. I don't care. I am telling you what I've experienced and what I know first hand. The 2020 seats are definitely bigger. The salesman agreed and so have other passengers that have rode in the car with me. So I have witnesses to this fact.

I thought it was interesting too.

Somebody should measure a 2017 seat and I will measure my 2020 seat and that will be the true test. But I daily my Type R's to work and home. I'm telling you they are most certainly bigger/wider in the 2020. Big difference in comfort.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It might be the same part number but it's NOT the same seat. Believe me or not. I don't care. I am telling you what I've experienced and what I know first hand. The 2020 seats are definitely bigger. The salesman agreed and so have other passengers that have rode in the car with me. So I have witnesses to this fact.

Somebody should measure a 2017 seat and I will measure my 2020 seat and that will be the true test. But I daily my Type R's to work and home. I'm telling you they are most certainly bigger/wider in the 2020. Big difference in comfort.

I have people telling me they are identical :)

They own a 2020 and they had other Rs as well.

I think you are experiencing a placebo.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

Maybe the Crossfit is paying off?

OP
OP

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe the Crossfit is paying off?
Don't understand this response. If it was a joke it went right over my head. Can you explain?

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Don't understand this response. If it was a joke it went right over my head. Can you explain?
Yeah it was just meant to be a lighthearted joke

Implication was that instead of the seats getting larger, you got smaller

OP
OP

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Aka you lose weight haha
I've actually gained weight recently. Seats still comfortable. Need to go on a diet actually.

I'm loving my PRL intake. I'm peaking boost at 24-25psi even in hot weather. This intake is amazing.

I'm sure having the 2020 updated grill makes a big difference in temps though. I love the 2020 over the 2017.

OP
OP

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've actually gained weight recently. Seats still comfortable. Need to go on a diet actually.

I'm loving my PRL intake. I'm peaking boost at 24-25psi even in hot weather. This intake is amazing.

I'm sure having the 2020 updated grill makes a big difference in temps though. I love the 2020 over the 2017.
Sponsored