Type R FBO + Custom Tune Dyno Results (376 whp / 387 wtq) & Products Review (PRL, Remus, PTP/USR)

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Comfort mode tuning is apparently not recommended, as it causes screwy things to happen. My tune is same for both Sport and +R, per my request.
Yeah, forgot to mention that. Comfort mode is usually untouched.
Sponsored

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
mine is the same from DROB. Comfort is stock and sport and R mode are identical

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
what are you seeing on the max high pressure fuel pump duty cycle with this tune ?

Kmcha21

First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just dyno tuned my car on a dyna pac it made 370/405 on 93 with all FBO catted dp , race maf is that too low?

Kmcha21

First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
is it better to have higher hp and lower tq (example: 400hp/380)
or an equal hp and tq (example: 380/380) or lower Hp like mines and higher tq (example 370/405) ? I was trying look it up but not much info.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
is it better to have higher hp and lower tq (example: 400hp/380)
or an equal hp and tq (example: 380/380) or lower Hp like mines and higher tq (example 370/405) ? I was trying look it up but not much info.
You're a little too focused on the numbers. That peak HP and peak TQ number are usually not at the end of your power curve. Usually some tuners will dial back torque for traction purposes or to protect your engine as too much torque at low RPMS can be bad. With the stock turbo it seems a lot of people have TQ and HP pretty close to matching. If you're happy with how your car feels and you don't struggle for traction I'd be happy with your tune. An upgraded turbo would move that power curve and give you more horsepower though, lot of people want this so they keep pulling in the higher RPMS.

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Here are my results. P600 turbo, Perrin FMIC, PRL race w/intake, prl downpipe, 1400 cc injectors, hpfp, lpfp upgrade, drilled fuel line, charge pipes. In FL with hot weather outside. Wanted to keep it on pump gas because you have to drive around town for E and wanted to keep it safe until down the road I decide to do internals.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R FBO + Custom Tune Dyno Results (376 whp / 387 wtq) & Products Review (PRL, Remus, PTP/USR) dyno
Sponsored