2.0L CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
Looking to get this for my new 2020 civic sport but how much will it help throttle response from a stop? It just doesn’t launch as hard as my old 17 civic with the 1.5t. That’s my main reason for tuning is if it will get better throttle response I’m all in
It won't feel like the 1.5t, but set the throttle responsiveness level to 2 and you will notice a night and day difference. But, the biggest improvement will be in the upper end. Rev it out a few times and you won't regret purchasing the Ktuner.
Sponsored

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
It may sounds weird, but with my car I’m not looking for power but for fuel consumption. Is it possible to make this car better with fuel consumption or no?

thank you.

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
I just saw this thread today, seems like most people are still saying the 2.0 isn't worth the time or the money.

I have a 16 manual LX. Not looking to do anything wild, does this tune actually wake the car up a little bit? Is it worth the price tag for somebody not looking to go even further?

There's a lot of very very conflicting info about these 2.0 cars. Not sure if I want to bother or not.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
There is no conflicting information. 42 pages out of 46 are positive. Page 1 literally has dynos. 3 pages are for people who can’t flash to save their life.

If you want fuel economy, it’s your own driving method. Decreasing weight, And getting economy tires. hitting vtec more often will not get you fuel economy.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
I just saw this thread today, seems like most people are still saying the 2.0 isn't worth the time or the money.

I have a 16 manual LX. Not looking to do anything wild, does this tune actually wake the car up a little bit? Is it worth the price tag for somebody not looking to go even further?

There's a lot of very very conflicting info about these 2.0 cars. Not sure if I want to bother or not.
I'm driving a 2.0L NA w/CVT.. I can tell a difference with kTuner on even its modest throttle setting. As for those 10th Gen with manuals and/or turbos, you have even more options to relish.. it's not cheap device but I certainly love what it's done for my 2.0L NA
There is no conflicting information. 42 pages out of 46 are positive. Page 1 literally has dynos. 3 pages are for people who can’t flash to save their life.
Yeah.. I'm probably one of those 3 pages, Lmao

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
There is no conflicting information.
Maybe not in this thread alone but across this and other forums the concensus appears to be these motors weren't worth adding dollars to in terms of wanting any more power.

If you want fuel economy, it’s your own driving method. Decreasing weight, And getting economy tires. hitting vtec more often will not get you fuel economy.
Never said I was after more economy, I'm driving 2.0 civic after 10 years of driving a Charger. I'd be willing to give up economy if I could get some noticeable torque out of this engine.

Only thing I really don't like with this car is it's brutally embarassing trying to pass a slowpoke on the highway.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i think it has more to do with anyone who wanted a sporty drive to begin with, already has an Si .. you dont see many performance parts for run of the mill crossovers, there just isnt that much of a market for it. And with only the lowest 1-2 trim levels getting the 2.0L with a brand new car, most who bought that wanted a cheaper car for reasons and arent willing to sink 2-3,000 dollars into the car for performance figures when it woulda been easier to get that performance with an Si to begin with. I'm all for performance mods on our cars though, and a Ktuner is highly on my next performance mod list when money gets more stable ( hopefuly when this stupid virus becomes less of an issue )

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
i think it has more to do with anyone who wanted a sporty drive to begin with, already has an Si .. you dont see many performance parts for run of the mill crossovers, there just isnt that much of a market for it. And with only the lowest 1-2 trim levels getting the 2.0L with a brand new car, most who bought that wanted a cheaper car for reasons and arent willing to sink 2-3,000 dollars into the car for performance figures when it woulda been easier to get that performance with an Si to begin with. I'm all for performance mods on our cars though, and a Ktuner is highly on my next performance mod list when money gets more stable ( hopefuly when this stupid virus becomes less of an issue )
In the 90s what you're describing is exactly WHY you bought a civic. You could get a super simple super cheap car and throw some parts on it cheap and walk all over vettes/stangs. It was a big surprise for me to learn the exact opposite is true of civics today. Fairly disappointing really, now I have to attempt to justify another toy to the wife. Thought I could sneak the civic sleeper under her nose, guess not.

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
I flashed the update to drop vtec to 5300 a few months ago and it's good, but I'm wondering if/how I could drop it lower? I rarely go above 5000 rpm in my day to day driving so something like 4500-5000 rpm would be idea.

How would this effect the engine in terms of reliability? Basically, I want to shift peak power to an earlier point and I don't mind if there's a drop off in upper end power. I'm not sure if I have the theory right so feel free to correct me.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
good idea. the way it is the vtec doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I tried to get it to kick in a few times( 6mt) but the engine was screaming so loud and I was going so fast ( I think it has to be in third gear) that I was afraid I would attract the attention of every cop within a mile. I think I hit about 80 and still, no vtec so I chickened out and backed off.
Also I have one of those insurance devices connected to the data port that tells the insurance company everything you do( I hate that damn thing) I was afraid I would get an email or a letter asking WTF WERE YOU DOING???????

Last edited:
OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
There isn't a need for additional tunes on the 2.0 as it doesn't have a turbo where different levels make sense.

You'll be able to control VTEC soon enough, but it's at an ideal RPM currently.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People could always pay for three maps, like the TSP for instance.

Instead with these 3 maps, they'd be designed for Vtec crossover points. Map 1 for stock, map 2 for Ktuner-dyno verified map, map 3 - Vtec crossover at a lower rpm than 5300rpm. I am sure a tuner can hook u up with this...if that's what you want.
Sponsored

Reactions: FC2